Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Welcome to your Virtual Model Railroad Club on the web. Want join in the convesations?

Register for your free membership today!

mtrpls
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• hey matt

after seeing your nycs i knew i found my line.
    i like the nyc and have the full kato pa-1 and cars
    i'm just not a fan of the 40's-50's. pa's/fa-1 are cool
    but i needed modern motive power. here are two
    bachmann n scale -8's. i wanted you to see them first...
    Matt,

Thanks for writting back. Well Like I said before, I am a huge Espee fan, I grew up with espee running a tank car train behind my house when I lived in California, I then moved to Espee rich Oregon and moved to Cottage Grove which is right on the Syskue Line. I used to really like UP, in fact I always thought that it would be cool to see my two favorite railroads running to gether. When UP first bought D&RGW-SP-SSW I thought it would be cool, i figured they would come up with a merger paint scheme like BNSF, and figured I would continue to see SP stuff running around, never would I have guessed that espee would disapear altogether.

With that in mind, UP has really left a sour tast in my mouth.
    My solution, modeling Souther Pacific Rio Grand Company. My Railroad concept is simple, in 1989 SP merged with Rio Grande (SP will have a controlling part of the company, rather than selling them selves to Rio Grande) and in 1991 SPRGC, Comes out with the Speed lettering paint scheme.
    In 2000 Struggling UP-WP-MP breakes up. SP takes Union Pacific. WP and MP are for sale.
    I am currently in the prosses of painting an ex UP SD90MAC/43 into SP, I am going to also paint some modern AC4400Cw's(later models, an SD70MAC, and eventually some SD70ACE's into SP) . Thats my goal any ways.
    Dear, MTRPLS, Hi my name is Josh I live in Oregon. I am a big SP fan, I hate the fact that UP bought them out. So I am wanting to to "proto-lancing" SP/Rio Grande into modern times. I really like your site, and I want to pursue something similar to what you, and the guy who is doing the Rock Island railroad. Also I would like to join your guyses group.
    Well hopefully talk to ya later,
    Josh.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.