Unstoppable

Anything with trains is worth watching, the plot may be rubbish, but who cares. Be the first to write a review.

Oh come on now. I thought is was a great movie. Sure its not all prototyical, if it was it would not be entertaining and boring.

Poor acting? Oh geeeez are you kidding? I think Denzel Washington is a great actor, and had a great performance in this movie.

I agree with Motley, high enter"trainment" value, crank the surround sound!
Although I could have ended the movie in the first twenty minutes by not trying to get on the lead loco and aiming for the second unit much of the action is well done.
It's based on an actual event too. (to a point)
"Runaway Train" with Jon Voight is also a good watch with the sound cranked!

We had a runaway train here a few years ago when strong winds blew a cut of standing bulkheads down the CEMR line and onto the CNR main.
Could have been a disaster had the VIA been late that day!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is decent enough if you are willing to suspend belief. Some of the scenes are laughable, and that is when you should laugh. It'll makes others looking-on wonder what they missed.

A prime example is that run around the curve on the raised trestle or viaduct, whatever it was, with every car perfectly tipped up with a 20 degree list and running on the flanges around the one slender ribbon of steel that is the outside rails. LOL!!! Them're some rails!

Well Ron, you can't complain that you didn't get some reviews, might not have come in time before the movie started, so now you can tell us what your opinion was :D

Its just finished.
I thought it was a pretty good film.Obviously artistic license was taken, in some of the details.Pretty well acted,by all three leads. Most of the filming was done in Pennsylvania, and Ohio, according to Wikipedia.
I thought it was good enough to watch again.
Ron

Its just finished.
I thought it was a pretty good film.Obviously artistic license was taken, in some of the details.Pretty well acted,by all three leads. Most of the filming was done in Pennsylvania, and Ohio, according to Wikipedia.
I thought it was good enough to watch again.

Ron
Thanks for all the comments too.

Not to mention the brilliant direction on my part to bring this subject to a happy conclusion.

Now I'll just have to go and rent this video so I can see what all the fuss was about :p:p

I own the blu-ray of this movie, and I've watched it 3 times now. And I never, ever watch movies more than once.

I saw the movie in the theatre, then rented it on DVD when it came out. The best part on the DVD is the behind the scenes extra, showing the extent they went to in making the film. Liked this about as much as the actual movie. It was on TV here recently, and I recorded it on our PVR for later viewing.

One thing I will say is this...although not an EPIC movie I do have the dvd and let me tell you.... I watched the Bonus tracks/material of the making of the movie it was better than watching the movies itself. It was absolutely incredible how they went about making the film. After watching the Bonus material and then watching the movie a second time was worth the time. Enjoy!

I thought it was entertaining, but not necessarily good.

Does that make sense?
Yes. I found it to be entertaining. I've watched it quite a few times. It's loaded with lots of errors that I spotted instantly. One thing I considered funny was after the SD40-2 had chased down the train and coupled on was how in some scenes the air hoses between the loco and the grain car were connected and other scenes they weren't. Anybody catch that?

like i said ya gotta see the bonus material on dvd/blueray to see how they made the movie then you will understand the massive undertaking of making the movie....

Yes. I found it to be entertaining. I've watched it quite a few times. It's loaded with lots of errors that I spotted instantly. One thing I considered funny was after the SD40-2 had chased down the train and coupled on was how in some scenes the air hoses between the loco and the grain car were connected and other scenes they weren't. Anybody catch that?
What about when the dispatcher asked them what they had and they said they had 5000 hp under the hood. That's a stout rebuild for an SD40 platform.
It was entertaining like 'Runaway Train'

Back