The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RexHea said:
CJ: You didn't play your honey-do's right. You should have asked, "Oh great and wonderful love of my life, if I get all my chores done that's on your list, can I start clearing out the basement and begin my layout?...please?...maybe?...soon?"
Rex; I'm surprised at you. You know that'll never work. She'd think I was really up to no good.

Wow! Another new page. You guys are gonna break me yet! Set'em up Flo! I don't think that they'll run up much a bill for me today!

Hi all, happy Thxgiving, don't have any time to stay and chat - I've got a dining room floor to vacuum before the guests arrive. Hope y'all have plenty of pepto-bismol for later. C-ya

Hi All, hope your all having a great time,
talking about the pilgrims, i live half a mile from the old home of Myles Standish, the pilgrim father, he lived on the Duxbury estate in Chorley, Duxbury Massachusetts was named after this Duxbury. our local church St Lawrences in Chorley is flying the stars and stripes to comemorate thanksgiving, this is where the standish family crypt is located, pretty cool

Evening all....Man I'm full, Flo, a glass of cold water please.
Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. Kind of quiet this year, didn't have many people over, usually have a house full. Back to work in the morning for about 6 hours, then I think I'll run by the LHS to see whats new.

Everyone take care.

Stan.

Cjcrescent said:
...Except she's an Irish redhead and it only took me most of my marriage to learn how not to piss her off. Maureen O'hara in "The Quiet Man", has Nothing on my wife!

I really like redheads. Being one myself, I dated quite a few of them when I was single. But I have to admit I married a blonde. I figured having TWO redheads in one house was living way too dangerously.

I maried a strawberry blond so I get both the dumb blond and the hot headed redhead in one boy what was I thinking but we have been married 21 years so I guess I've learned when to keep my big mouth shut or when to duck lol.

Hope all have had a good thanksgiving and ate your share of turkey. talked to ken for a few today and it looks like we'll meet up next weekend December 3-4: Great Train Expo, Timonium, MD mostlikely on the 4th as I head home.

Well the cats are all stuffed to point that they look like each are about to give birth to about 20 kittens lol (this is the outside ones ) the inside know there is always plenty for them. The outside ones have just shown up and are making our porch there home yes we feed them but we didn't invite them but I also know as long as you feed them there here to stay.

Well you all have a good evening

RT

modelbob said:
I really like redheads. Being one myself, I dated quite a few of them when I was single. But I have to admit I married a blonde. I figured having TWO redheads in one house was living way too dangerously.
I can tell you from personal experience IT IS! :eek::eek: My daughter, who seemed to be a strawberry blonde is getting more and more redheaded every day!:p She is also like her mother but unlike Mom, she hasn't learned to curb her temper, or her dry wit!;);) She's 25, gonna be 26 next month.....Heaven help me!!:D:D:D

NZRMac said:
Speaking of marriage, I've just bought my good Lady a ring, for the third finger right hand!!

I thought it was about time 3.5 years of bliss. I'm gunna pop the question when we move to the new place.

Should be ok I think!! LOL

Ken.

Sorry I bumped this up!! It's important.:) :)

Hey also we sold the house today, signed sealed and delivered!! WOOO HOOO

Now for the move.:D :D

Ken.

Well now that the Gorging is over any chance of having a Turkey Salad on Multi Grain?:D As far as I'm concerned it's the best part of Tanksgiving.

Not much on the go as I'm back onboard doing the Grave yard watch for a week or two. Brought a whack of stuff with me and plan on painting several locos and other items. This should be interesting as I've had some good results in the past and some disasters.

As for Red heads... I use to be one unntil I got married then I just went dark. My oldest son could be mistaken for a stop sign.

Later all
Fergie

NZKen: Congrats on selling your place. Now the job of moving...but, is that a locomotive light you see at the end of the tunnel:D . Jan told me she didn't know if she could put up with you any longer. She said your obsession with trains was driving her nuts.:D

Fergie: I love the left-overs and then the turkey salad just as much as on Thanksgiving Day. My wife gave me a platter on T day, not a plate, to pile my food on and would you believe I cleaned it:eek: :) . Had three pieces of pie later on (apple, Pecan, Pumpkin). I had to try them all.

Gads, I haven't lost the weight from last year's holidays.

Sabrina, I'll have a large coffee and a bowl of granola please...

Good morning crew,

Not much left of the leftovers from Thursday. Got our tree setup and decorated yesterday, so now it "looks like Christmas" around here. Aside from the photo contest mock-up, didn't do any MRR yesterday. My 16yr-old wants an iPod, not sure where I'll be able to find one or get it shippped here in time. And I always find it unsettling when my daughter and her pals know all about some kind of technology that I'm clueless about...:eek:

NZKen, congrats on selling the house! Now you can turn your dream into reality.

Later all...

Mornin' all. Hey Sabrina, how about coffee and a nice hot grilled cheese?

Went over to Rex's again yesterday. :) I would tell you how his new Tsunami sounded, but then I'd have to confiscate all of your BLI. :eek: You wouldn't be satisfied with the sound afterwards. The Tsunami sounds so much better IMHO.

We basically had another session of lying, trains, more lying.:D I did start showing Rex how to handlay some track. He has a turnout that really is begging to be replaced with a curved turnout, but no one makes one in that radius.:mad: So the first project is a curved turnout!:rolleyes: Actually 2 since he needs access to an industrial area of his town. Is that cool:cool: or what.

We laid out the curves and are laying it at the work bench. This prevents us from having any area of the layout from being disabled while the turnouts are built. Then we'll place the ties on a piece of wooden roadbed and attach the rails to the ties/roadbed. Take out the old track, drill the needed new holes for the tortise machines and glue the now completed turnouts in place. Minimal disruption to traffic with maxium ease of construction. Sounds like the prototype doesn't it?:D

Got to go down to the McWane Center downtown this morning. Seems the club had a couple of locomotives die on them yesterday.:mad: These are brand new locos and they shouldn't have done this. One even has an on board camera in place. Its overheating. Our resident "electronics" expert is gone for the weekend, so this task falls to me.:confused: Boy, is the club in trouble or what?;)

Well, appreciate the breakfast there Sabrina, gimme a couple cups to go, and I'll see you boys later.

HI all. Just coffee this morning, Flo.

We're heading to IHOP for LGM's Bday get together. That's what he requested. I wonder where he got to be such a breakfast lover...;). Should be a fun trip, especially since the LHS is just down the street. :cool:

Carey, I expect the club's locos will be in good hands. ;)

I've got to get back to Tuscaloosa to see the progress on Rex's RR. Handlaid curved turnouts? It's obvious, he's got the fever bad now.:D

Modelbob
I really like redheads
my wife is a readhead, oh yes,,,,,,,,i love redheads,,,,,,,ahem,,on with the show,
hope you all ate all the turkey, did you have any triffle and fresh cream afterwards, very nice,
bit of a bad day yesterday, my fingers went black and blue, litterally, i used to use heavy impact tools and breakers which has played hell with the nerves in my fingers, now when it's cold i have swollen fingers and circulation trouble, to cap that my wife Nicky has got a bad back, and to make things worse she banged her head on the car roof rack when she got in, i told her mind your head but she didn't i couldn't contain my self and laughed, whoops, big mistake, never laugh at a redhead, oh well, worse things happen at sea

CSX_road_slug said:
My 16yr-old wants an iPod, not sure where I'll be able to find one or get it shippped here in time. And I always find it unsettling when my daughter and her pals know all about some kind of technology that I'm clueless about...:eek:
This teen wants a motherboard and some memory for Christmas (I should probably just give them part numbers), but an iPod wouldn't be a dissapointment :D . Actually I've gotten 2x4s, insulation, drywall, and half of a drop ceiling (I have to buy the other half) already, so I can't really ask for anything else. We're finishing off part of the basement for my all my train stuff (I have spackle on my keyboard to prove it :rolleyes: ).

Well, I had Thanksgiving dinner again. Yup! This time it was with my wife's family. They waited until everyone could show up. Man, am I ever stuffed again. I believe it is time to start back on the treadmill;) .

Yeah, Carey made it over yesterday and we had another good time. If a stranger came around, they would swear that we were totally nuts. He sure has a challenge ahead in teaching me how to hand-lay turnouts. But, it's always a pleasure to watch a true craftsman at work, as CJ truly is.

Steve: No triffle, but a lot of pies and cakes. I would bet your fingers can make building models tricky. NoteNicky wouldn't have a bad back if you didn't make her do all that digging:D

Eric: Maybe you and LGM, Carey, and others can make it over here before Christmas. That would be nice.

KenL: When Carey an I finished our session, I went into the house and Carolyn had every Xmas box out in the floor and Christmas music going, furniture moved and guess what I will be doing the rest of the weekend:eek:

**Hey Fellows, I just had an idea!
The ideal pants to wear for the Thanksgiving meal: Maternity pants! Think about it. The front will automatically expand. We can call them "Thankful pants":D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
RexHea said:
Eric: Maybe you and LGM, Carey, and others can make it over here before Christmas. That would be nice.

Rex, that would be great. Let me know when.

As for the maternity pants, I think I need some. We watched a Thanksgiving video from 1988 at my parents house Thursday. I was about 25 pounds lighter and had a thick head of hair (and that 80's hair thang going on). :eek: Of course I was just 22 years old in the video. Lisa hasn't changed much, except the 80's hairdo is long gone. :cool:

Susbob been meaning to ask you how far from Lancaster are you ?
Not much happening here tonight but wanted to stop in and say hi talk to you all later

RT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back