The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Rex, name the day!:D:D:D

Boy! What a day! Got to McWane Center this am and NOTHING would run. :mad: Starting checking connections and someone had plugged in a cable into the wrong plug. Everything started running with no problems.:) Now because of something in the circuitry, every engine was reset to default!!

This speaks gobs for K.I.S.S. I think the club, has tried to go ahead and wire in for every contengency that may crop up down the road.:( result is instead of the nice simple setup we used to have, you now have to have a degree in electrical engineering to figure it out.:mad: This doesn't bode well for anyone who isn't familier with the electronics setup on the layout.

Well at least I was smart enough to remember to carry my lap top and Locobuffer. Since I had originally had the club engines entered into the computer, it was a simple matter of setting each engine onto the programming track, and pulling up the roster entry and resending to the engine. Had ten engines reprogrammed in less than 4 minutes.:D:D
Had the dead engine running as well. The decoder had come unplugged in it.

The camera engine was really just as easy. The clubmember who installed it did a very good job, but he didn't read the instructions on best place to install the circuitry. Had the camera's electronics installed right on top of the motor.:( There was no ventilation, and as a result the camera would overheat and kill the engine after about 90minutes of running.:mad: Had him take it and reinstall it into a Stewart F-unit dummy and now everything should be OK.

The layout ran flawlessly for the rest of the day. The day must have drained me more than I thought, as after I got home I laid down at 6PM to take a short nap and asked my wife to get me up at 7PM. I crawled out at 8:30PM. She said she couldn't wake me.

Rex;

Meant to add. Several of the clubmembers came to me and asked when can they see the water scene for real!:eek: Everyone of them was filled with nothing but compliments for your work.:D:D:D This was even from some of the scenery guys who are better at it than BOB (that's spelled backwards BTW so you'd know who it was)!!

Good Moring All:

I thought I'd stick my head in and see what's going on. I see alot of fimilier faces.

Rex MADE me order a Tsuannnie (SP) (with a name like that it better sound good). Loy's toys has a new, to me, speaker out that is 2.76" long, 1.19" wide, 0.875" deep, with a 3 watt output. Just last week I machined the speaker hole in the tender of a PFM 4-8-4 for a smaller speaker so now it's back to the bench to make the hole bigger.

I've got a PFM Santa Fe 2-8-2 that's been waiting for this new decoder and it's going to be nice to be able to run that loco.

Have a blessed day
Bob

TEFFY said:
Rex MADE me order a Tsuannnie (SP)

Bob, did you get his Visa card number? :D

Let us know what you think of it. We haven't ventured into sound yet, I'm still waiting to find out what the new Digitrax sound decoder can do. I'd love to sound equip a few locos in the near future.

G'morning clubbers,

Just a quiet overcast morning here in the Mid-Atlantic region. Not much MRR on the radar screen, since we will be entertaining another family here after Church. (Then again, maybe the kids will want to see a demo of the lone 'test train' that I have on the layout?) I finally obtained a DVD of The Polar Express at BestBuy yesterday, that was a pleasant surprise after the Blockbuster clerk told me that they had sold out of it within an hour after they received their shipment...:eek: But Vicky wants to make this a "family Christmas gift" so that means I have to wait until NET December 24th to watch it - DANG!

CJ - What would the McWane people do without you!:cool: Even though I don't live in 'Bama myself, I been there a half-dozen times while vacationing at my sister-in-laws' in Pell City. Sure wish you had already put up your display back then...

Rex -
RexHea said:
When Carey an I finished our session, I went into the house and Carolyn had every Xmas box out in the floor and Christmas music going, furniture moved and guess what I will be doing the rest of the weekend
...I feel your pain, man!:D Just turn up the volume on your new Tsunami and let that be your "background music" while you're wrapping the gifts...

Nate - Maybe I should add "memory" as an item on my wish list too, I've already lost so much of mine to "half-heimers"!:p

Steve - hope Nicky's back and your fingers feel better soon! I suppose you've already tried sandwiching them in a heating pad?

. . .
Well time's a-wastin, I've got a lot of things left to do getting ready to entertain our guests on this "day of rest". C-ya!

RexHea said:
Jan told me she didn't know if she could put up with you any longer. She said your obsession with trains was driving her nuts.:D

So you think I shouldn't propose? I was going to do it the first time we went to the new house next week:eek:

I know your only kidding, wish me luck.:D

Ken.

Teffy:Well, Hiya Bob! Just realized you made it over here. I knew you couldn't hold back on ordering the Tsunami. I sure am sorry I broke your arm.:D When do you expect to get it? I feel certain that you will really appreciate the quality sounds. Tony's said they have already shipped my Heavy Steam decoder and the booster for my programming track.

NZKen: You know you have my best wishes and my bet is on a big "YES".

CJ/Grandeman: We will talk about a Saturday real soon. Plan on a lunch from the grill. (burgers:eek: )

Hey Stan: Think you may be able to get over here with the other guys? I know you have a heck of a work schedule, but maybe there is a hole somewhere.

Whoa. Where's everyone at? Is Flo outa deodorant again? :eek:

Sabrina, I'll have the pancakes and bacon please. Oh, and a pot of java.

Well folks, so much for the long Thanksgiving weekend. Somehow, it didn't seem that long...:rolleyes:

Hope ya'll have a great day. It's off to work for me (talk to ya when I get there:cool: ).

Hey Sabrina, I'll have a cup of coffee, supersized of course, with a side of hot buttery grits.

To all my friends in Al, Tn, and Ms. Yall be extremely careful today. The potential for supercell thunderstorms and tornadoes is increasing by the hour. The SPC (Storms Prediction Center), has us under a moderate risk for really bad weather today. (There is only one more level above moderate and it hasn't been used in a LONG time.) One of the NWS meteorologists describes today as more of a springtime setup for severe weather rather than a fall setup. This has the potential to be an extremely dangerous situation here. I don't think it will be long before we're under a severe thunderstorm/wind/tornado watch.

Well gotta go. Have to make another trip to my sisters house in Selma. I was there yesterday and cleaned up the hard drive in her computer. Should've gone ahead and replaced it. Its only 7 years old! Well as soon as I got home last night from her house, it crashed. On boot up it keeps telling her she has damaged sectors and needs to run scandisk. But scandisk won't run because of all things, she has damaged sectors! At least that what's the error messages say. Looks like I get to replace the hard drive and reload her computer!

Another supersize java to go Sabrina. I'll be back ASAP.

:D :D Cj Ain't computers great, at least they are when working properly. I have an Aunt and Uncle and Cousins living in Selma. My grand mother lived there from 1964 till she died 2 1/2 yrs ago. Nice place to visit but I do not think I wold want to live there.

OH by the way Sabrina could I please get a double large Rasberry iced tea I is extremely thursty. Been paintin an apartment that has been rented and really did not wont to do that today. Worked 23 hours the last three days and my feet hurts like there is no tomorrow.

Looks like the cold front lost its growl. The temp is starting to drop, but it seems to be trying to clear up. I see that some of you still have it coming. Coffee break is over so I will head out to the depot and put some Branchline boxcars together. Too lazy to do anything else.:D

Grande Man: Flo just had a long night with Bubba. She will be on the evening shift.

CJ: Sounds like you needed more than coffee. I can't think of anything more aggravating than a computer problem.

Flo, I'll have a 20oz. Wild Cherry Pepsi to go (nice smelling perfume you got on, BTW;) )

Hi guys/gals, just a quick check-in before I leave the office. I'm leaving my laptop here tonight so I most likely will not have online access tonight - my teenage daughter always has homework that requires the use of a computer, and I'd never want to interfere with Sarah's ability to do her homework!:rolleyes: (So what if all those AIM dialogs just happen to sprout on her desktop...!) Well I need to do some more layout work anyhow.

I hope you 'Bama guys fared alright with the violent weather, looks like my region will be getting hit with something similar tomorrow.

Toodles!

CSX_road_slug said:
...my teenage daughter always has homework that requires the use of a computer, and I'd never want to interfere with Sarah's ability to do her homework!:rolleyes: (So what if all those AIM dialogs just happen to sprout on her desktop...!)
Yep, school work these days always requires the use of a computer :D Those AIM dialogues are simply the modern version of a study-group. They're actually great...they don't require transportation to/from the library or a friends house, they don't drop potato chips on the couch, they don't run up the phone bill, and they have these wonderful "away messages" that block out unwanted annoyances without requiring the user to open the door and/or push the perpetrator out into the cold. :D

Evening all, Flo I'll have a cold glass of water please.
Rex - Regarding the " get together " I'll send you a e-mail tomorrow, if its ok.
cj - Good luck with the computer deal ( sounds like fun ). :)
Take care.

Stan.

BMRR said:
Evening all, Flo I'll have a cold glass of water please.
Rex - Regarding the " get together " I'll send you a e-mail tomorrow, if its ok.

Stan.

Stan, you think you'll be able to make it? It'd be great to meet you.

Sabrina; a nice cup of coffee please, and somemore of that nice chili that you make. Yeah thats the one, the one with ALL the beans in it.

Larry: I know what ya mean. Born and raised there, and as much as that town means to me esp, regarding trains, I wouldn't live there now either. For all intents and purposes, the town is dying a very slow death.

As I said in post this morning went down there to work on my sisters computer and put a new hard drive into it. I still gotta get another one. This one, which was one of those re-conditioned drives wouldn't load. Nadda, zilch. It would sit there and spin defiantly at me. Couldn't partion it, couldn't format it, nuttin'. Oh well another trip later.

Ken: Don't know 'bout Rex, Stan, and Gman, but I barely missed two funnel clouds today. Weather sirens were sounding off for what seemed to be all day. I know of at least one funnel cloud that went over her house and took out her neighbors trees, and the TV kept talking about another one sighted less than a mile from where she lives. Fortunately there appeared to be no major damage, at least to structures.

Stan: Hope you can make it to one of our soirees, it'll be fun!

Gotta go now. I actually have to go to work in the mornin'. UNLIKE one person I know. Jesus, a guy retires and all he does is play trains!

Evening All, I take a strong Coffee Gals.

Why is it when there is an impending week off work, there is every nutter on the roads trying to knock you off it, when all you want to do is cruise and not think about getting to the next job?

Man I'm looking forward to next week.

Hey you guys am I invited over for lunch?

I wish, need a spare $20K!!

Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back