The Coffee Shop is now open. Come on in and say hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Java Gang! Hope everyone is well and having a g-o-o-o-d day. We sure are having a beautiful one here at T-town. All the bad storms yesterday either were East or West of us a few miles.

My Tsunami heavy steam decoder and programming booster is coming this Thursday. I will be putting it in my 4-8-2 Bachman Southern. I never liked the Soundtraxx LC decoder that was in it. It didn't sound bad, but the sound just dies when you stop.

Alabama Rail Gang (ARrGh): Fellows, take a look on your calendar at 10:30 a.m., Saturday, December 10. If you prefer a better time/day for our RR (Round Robin) meet please let me know via email. I am pretty much open to any date. Stan, please feel free to send me an email anytime.

NZKen: Of course you are invited. Let me give you some directions. After leaving the Christchurch airport, head Northeast, or is that Northwest, for about 12,000 miles and stop at Birmingham, rent a car and go Southwest for 55 miles to T-town. Call on arrival and I will meet you.:D
Seriously, I wish you could come over. Is next week your moving date? Man, I know you are excited about it all. That is a beautiful home and I love all the open space, in and out. That new lawnmower will sure get a work out.

CJ: Yeah, I feel sorry for you working class MR's. We retirees just sit back and play with our choo choo's any time we have an itch.:D I got the balsa wood for the handlaid turnout project. Want to come over Friday and continue your instruction?

EnjineerBill: Where you at, Johnny?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Fellow Modellers,
Nate pull up a chair and have a drink on me
how are you all doing,
Ken i have tried hot and cold things on the hands but none seem to work, i get trouble in both winter and summer, it's a nerve tissue reaction of some kind i have been told,
Well the fingers are better and Nicky's back is getting better so i went to work on the railroad, this section was badly affected with concrete dust so it had to come down. i took off the top level exposing the lower level track which was in a long tunnel, i have built a wood trestle bridge for the gap, it's not based on any i have seen, i just whipped it up from scraps of wood, there is a whole lot more to come
Before
116875310.gif

After
120388049.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
sushob said:
Yep, school work these days always requires the use of a computer :D Those AIM dialogues are simply the modern version of a study-group.
Nate I agree, that's a definte plus - but Sarah often shoots herself in the foot by participating in plain "gossip" with people who are obviously NOT in her school - I thought there was some way she could temporarily "tune them out":confused: She says she has no control over those "outsider" dialogs. Maybe I better learn for myself how this works...

RexHea said:
NZKen: Of course you are invited. Let me give you some directions. After leaving the Christchurch airport, head Northeast, or is that Northwest, for about 12,000 miles and stop at Birmingham, rent a car and go Southwest for 55 miles to T-town. Call on arrival and I will meet you.:D
Rex - I've driven from Maryland to central Alabama so many times I could do it in my sleep (which could very well happen after driving 12 hours nonstop:eek: ) But wouldn't ya know it, this year my sister-in-law and her family will be coming North instead - so much for my having any opportunity to meet the ARrGgr's any time soon...!

Steve - I'm sure gonna miss that old salt mine (or whatever it was):( But I'll look forward to seeing your trestle when it's done.

CSX_road_slug said:
Nate I agree, that's a definte plus - but Sarah often shoots herself in the foot by participating in plain "gossip" with people who are obviously NOT in her school - I thought there was some way she could temporarily "tune them out":confused: She says she has no control over those "outsider" dialogs. Maybe I better learn for myself how this works...
Hehehe....next time one pops up, click the "block" button on the dialogue box. I guarantee you she already knows how to do that, but she might be a bit startled when she finds out you know how to too. BTW, I didn't tell you to do that...

KenL: Anytime you get into the area, be sure and let us know. You will be more than welcome. As you saw, I am less than 1 hour from B'ham. We even have a Mini Mill here that "ain't" so mini. :D If I can only remember to take some pictures of it, I will post them in the steel mill area. CJ, in the middle, is just off of I65 in B'ham while GM is a ways north, Stan to the east. Everyone is still within 1-1 1/2 hours of each other and all Interstate.

Steve: Glad your fingers are working now and your wife's back is better. That good looking plant area that you removed didn't look too bad, but I guess it didn't show in the photo. What the heck! The second go-around is always better:).

grande man said:
Stan, you think you'll be able to make it? It'd be great to meet you.
Flo, my usual please.

grande man - I won't be able to make this one, but I hope to meet you guys later on. I'm working six days a week right now. ( got to work so I can give the government my tax money ) :)
Rex - I sent you an e-mail.
Everyone take care.

Stan.

BMRR said:
Flo, my usual please.

grande man - I won't be able to make this one, but I hope to meet you guys later on. I'm working six days a week right now. ( got to work so I can give the government my tax money ) :)

Bummer. :( Well, maybe we can do it again soon. :)

Evening all, Rex the top pics an old one before i went to it with the air line and vacume cleaner, it will look good when it's done, i have got a new plan up my sleave,
I caught a rat at work this week, once dead it was put in a bag and parraded around work to highlight to my fellow workers why they should not bring food into the work area's, didn't go down to well with some of them, but what the heck,
look at this little fellow on the pop
120471348.gif

Flo, a nice big cup of hot coffee please. I'll also take some, grits, scrambled eggs, ya know soft stuff. Gotta toothache.:rolleyes:

Spent yesterday in a meeting that went from 3:00pm until 7:30pm and I really didn't even need to be there! I was asked to be there "in case" they had any questions. Guess what? None! I was suposed to go home at 5. Since I'm part-time I don't get overtime or anything like that. The additional taxes will probably take away more than I earned in those hours. What was worse of all is they didn't even have any coffee!:eek: Boy was I tired.

Argh...darn AP classes. I just finished up a project for one class and it's already past midnight. Guess math will have to wait til tomorrow morning.

Anybody else in the Northeast have basment flooding problems this week? We had to throw a second sump-pump in the hole to keep up with the rain Tuesday night. We just finished up drywall and got the first coat of paint on the walls in that area of the basement, and didn't we have to go and lay a leaky hose through the window to pump more water outside...

Mornin' all. Sabrina, some nice coffee, make it big and hot. Gimme some cream and sugar. You know I likes my coffee the same way I like my women... (Take on the line from Airplane.)

Rex: Hope ya got my e-mail last night. Sent it at 8:45pm. The same time you sent one that I got at 10:30pm. Sometimes I just don't understand mail servers. One minute you can send an e-mail and it gets there in 10 seconds or less. Next minute you can send one to the same destination and it takes hours. Meanwhile traffic level through the server and on the network is the same. Just my luck I guess.
I'll be contacting the other two today, about next weekend. Looks a little cool at this time, but we can handle it.

Eric: Looking forward to seeing you and LGM again! Can't wait for the lying..err discussions to start.

Stan: Sorry you can't make this one...it will be a blast. Anytime you do get some time, lets get together. I've worked six day stretches as well and after a while they do get old, real old.

Gimme another to go there Sabrina... add a side of Hot Chocolate as well.

Cjcrescent said:
Eric: Looking forward to seeing you and LGM again! Can't wait for the lying..err discussions to start.

Morning all. Sabrina, coffee and scrambled eggs with bacon, please.

Carey, we're ready to run some trains, er tell some lies, too! :cool:

I sent Rex an email last night as well. If it's ok with ya'll, I'm gonna see if Ray can tag along. I know he'd love Rex's RR and might have some signalling ideas when he sees it.

Hello Everyone! Flo, I'll have a cup of joe while I'm waiting on the mystery lunch special. Lots of empty tables in here. What has happened to Enjineerbill and others? Johnny, William, Claudia, Bob, Fergie, Teffy, Joe, Kens, many more...come on in and have a cup.

Today's the day that my other Tsunami arrives (heavy steam) so I am wound up again. If some of you haven't caught my other posts, Soundtraxx informed me that I will need a programming booster for the Tsunami. I use a Digitrax Chief and can program QSI's without a problem, but the Tusnami will require it. No problem with ops mode programming...just the service modes. I will let you know how it turns out tonight.

CJ/GM: CJ, got your last email this a.m. It must be your end, because cable is always reliable:p . Eric, I got all of yours...I think.:D
I too am excited about our get-together.Lots of lies and lots of fun. Bring your favorites to run or you can run one of mine. Is 10:30 about right or do you want to start earlier/later? Doesn't matter with me.

Anyone else that is in the area is welcome. Just let me know via email. How about you, NZKEN? :D

Ready for a little fun?

The first Photo is an Alabama snow plow.
The second is CjCrescent's birthday party.
The third is Grande man's camper.

Eric: There would have been more brew but William took care of that before the party!:D:D As to the camper, put new blocks under it...it'll look a whole lot better.

Rex: Yeah it probably is on my end, nevermind the re-LIE-ablity of cable. After I set up our home network, just for the heck of it, I sent my wife an off-color cartoon. Now her computer is two rooms away from mine. It took 3 days to get there. Definitely, at times, sumpin's up with my ISP's mail server...Oh forgot to ask...is that am or pm:eek::eek:

Evening all, Nate, there is nothing worse than a flooding basement, saw one on the TV in New York and the sewer had backed up and filled the place 5feet deep in lord only knows what, yuk.

It was my turn for hospital check up's today, i had surgery last January and this was just a follow up, but nothing is that simple at the moment. I got into the waiting room and an old guy oposite me was looking a bit pale and all of a sudden he hit the deck face first, ouch, he had no pulse at first but he was in the right place, within 30 seconds there were 5 consultants and six nurses working on him while i dragged the furniture away and herded the spectators away, i can't be doing with rubber neckers gawping. anyway they got him back and took him away, hope the old guy's OK. Anyhow i have got trouble with the membrane between the sinus cavity and the brain cavity, like i said nothing simple, i'm now on strong antibiotics and have to go back in the start of January for some more tests, life can be a bugger at times.

Grande man, that is one awsome hen coup of a camper

Flo an extree large rasberry iced tea fer me please.
Had a blood test done Tues. to check my blood sugar. Got the report yesterday and everythin is just fine and dandy. The Doc did change my BP medicine to help with the blood sugar. That peein in a cup is hard specially when ya stopped att he head on the way in and drained u r bladder. I did not know they was gonna do the urine test too this was the first time fer that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back