Show off your favorite Locomotive

TRAINNUT

73A9BED3-3A53-4B71-8460-C9DE642054AF.jpeg
My personal favorite is this IT SW7, I bought it and after had realized somebody custom painted it. it gave me a lot of inspiration and I hope to make a custom myself

Of course, the Milwaukee never really had any of these.
But Amtrak did, around 53 of them.
And I got to run every one...!
View attachment 186164
What should have been if Milwaukee chiefs listened to General Electrics offer back in the 1960s😀. BTW AEM7 is one of my favorite electrics and i'll never forget seeing one for the first time. I was here on summer vacation back in 1986. We were riding in my dads car along New Havens exotic looking triangular catenary to see my aunt in Stamford, CT. This thing showed up with equally exotic set of Amfleet coaches heading southbound. What an experience for someone used to rather drab olive green coaches and green locomotives of communist Poland.

Last edited:
Two favourites, firstly this Proto 2000 GP7 (actually, the combined parts of about three of them!) which was my first ever attempt at a kitbash/detail job of a specific locomotive, in this case the Espee group's solitary example of the type:
20240419_150208.jpg

Secondly, the first new US HO loco I ever bought, a ever reliable Atlas Alco S3 which after decades of loyal service was treated last year to a makeover with detailing parts and a respray:
20240419_150357.jpg

My favorite loco is still in the box (Rapido M-420), or at least I think it will compare favorably against my Athearn BB GP-50 from 1988? Still tuning up my inherited DC layout and cars, and once done, I intend to open that box and shortly after, get an NCE Power Cab system.

Back