J.Albert
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• J.Albert
      Looking at that pic, I'm wondering if the motor and driveline are even "original" to that locomotive...
    • J.Albert
      Of course, the Milwaukee never really had any of these. But Amtrak did, around 53 of them. And I got to run every one...!
      • E100 (lightroom).jpg
    • J.Albert
      J.Albert replied to the thread DCC on DC.
      OP: If you're paying Rapido's prices, I wouldn't recommend modifying anything inside a brand-new unit so as to [supposedly] make it run...
    • J.Albert
      As mentioned above: How does it run RIGHT NOW ? Smooth, works as you would want ? In that case, I'd leave it alone.
    • J.Albert
      J.Albert replied to the thread Walthers GP35.
      Willie wrote: "My experience is with the older LifeLike P2K GP35's which run very well" LifeLike didn't make any P2K GP35's to my...
    • J.Albert
      J.Albert replied to the thread Smaller engines.
      bns wrote in #22 above: "Assume "No" 6 axle diesel or large steam engine will operate on 18"." Hmmm... I have HO Kato Unitrack. Some of...
    • J.Albert
      J.Albert replied to the thread I forgot something.
      That looks like a Suydam Pacific Electric steeplecab motor from years ago. (or perhaps Sacramento Northern) One thing, however... An...
    • J.Albert
      J.Albert replied to the thread Pantograph maintanance ?.
      On a big electric engine, there's a carbon strip that is on the top edge of the pantograph that makes contact with the overhead wire...
    • J.Albert
      J.Albert replied to the thread Smaller engines.
      I'd be looking at new-old-stock or used Proto 2000 GP7's and GP9's, also GP30's, Proto 1000 RS11's and RS2's, Kato RS2's. All great...
    • J.Albert
      I'm look at the pic in reply 19 above. Look CAREFULLY at the truck. Look at the right-hand side frame. It's not "in" all the way...
    • J.Albert
      J.Albert replied to the thread Quite the beast!!!!!!!!!.
      If you want an engine that will last ... get an EMD. That thing must be approaching 70 years old...!
    • J.Albert
      Jaz wrote above in #985: "We wish, why do you think trains derail on helix…" You could use the superelevated Kato Unitrack curved...
    • J.Albert
      He never used to talk much about it but my dads first ‘job’ helping his mum who was a dairy made was to sell icecream that the farmers...
    • J.Albert
      Re the BNSF storage video in #502 above... Lots of gensets (a design and operational failure) and GE's. EMD's? Not very many. Why is that?
    • J.Albert
      "what does a "fireman" do after 1959?" On the commuter trains from Danbury (CT) to New York City, the fireman kept the steam heat going...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Back