Running Bear's November 2018 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning ....

Yesterday, we went to Kroger in Murray to get groceries we needed for Thanksgiving. Some items on our list were not in the store. They were in the truck that crashed very early in the morning 6 miles from the store. Thankfully, the driver was not injured.

kroger crash .jpg

Everyone - Good news from my wife's surgeon this morning - she needs a lumpectomy, not a mastectomy. They will also remove two lymph nodes and do tests on those - if they are cancerous, then she would need further surgery. But if not, then 3 weeks of radiation and done!!

So thank you everyone for your prayers and thoughts for us. We appreciate everyone on this forum.
Now that is something we can be thankful for!!! Thanks for sharing the news.

Good morning - it's 40 heading towards 71 and clear ... the high overcast yesterday never resulted in any moisture.
The weather folks are talking about some rain in the burn areas tomorrow?
Picked up my overhauled upper denture yesterday from the dentist body shop - they did a really good job of matching the color and style of the two missing teeth. Now I can smile again without getting a frown from MOH. I do have a spare set, but they have never fit properly. Dentist informed me to be careful on what I bite on - a new set is now $2,700.00! eek!

Almost Stopped at one grocery store, but could not find a parking place anywhere? Went down the street to Wally World where I had to park at least 300 feet from the entrance - When I entered the store I felt that I was in the middle of a concert crowd ... WOW ... what a target rich enviroment! Grabbed a few things and left ASAP. Wife went to Kohl's and said that there was no one there, to which I replied,"Yeah, I know - They are all at Walmart".

That is all for now - pup is doing good - maybe another 5-6 days and they can remove the staples, YAY!

Johnny - That's some good news. Glad to here things may not be as bad after all?

Good morning Everybody!

A little late for me, but I was short on time earlier this morning. I was needed to take my grandson to school. My daughter had to go to court. She witnessed an assault in a club sometime ago. I enjoy taking my little man to school. :)

Afterwards I dropped plastic bags for recycling. Then I dropped off and setup my Mom's new counter top oven and disposed of the old one. She does not like to use the oven in her stove.

Today I am resting. All I have planned is to work on my Home Depot order, watch TV and pick up my grandson from school. Oh yeah, I can't forget to put my beautiful $1.19/lb. Smithfield half-ham, butt portion of course into the oven. It's a bit more than I like to pay, but she is a beauty!

I worked through lunch yesterday and paid the price with a bad night. When working around the house I normally knock off at noon, take a shower, have lunch then sit on the couch watching TV until it's time to pick up my grandson from school. Yesterday I ended up skipping lunch. "oh hell, I'm close to being done, might as well finish"

“Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.” – Thomas Jefferson
When I was young and in good health I agreed, but now I should know better!
Willie, I know what you are going to say, but I'll say it for you. In my not as nice as you terms; "I'm a dumb ass!"

CURT - I have not tried to eat any of those "beans" from the tree. There is some sort of seed inside them, but I have not even seen the birds pecking at them? Maybe before I cut down the tree I should grind up some of them and see how they smoke? I might be sitting on a gold mine and not know it!
Have you hugged your toilets today?

The guys over at FRISCO.ORG are going "nuts" this morning.
Athearn Genesis is releasing four number of Frisco Gp7s in B/Y scheme and one Quanah, Acme & Pacific GP7 in B/Y. All include LED headlights! All sound units feature SoundTraxx Tsunami 2 sound. For late 2019!

index.php

Good Morning Everyone.....sunny and seasonal here in Wisconsin.

Heading down to the layout with vacuum in hand.

Just read again the "Show Your Face" Thread....interesting.

Sherrel:
If the birds aren't eating the beans, be cautious!!! We have an evergreen that the the outside of its seeds are very sweet, but the hard portion of the seed is very poisonous.

Saw that the roof areas of my Walther's coal mine are warping a bit. Need to re-glue, but I think I have a second structure some where that I could use the parts as replacements.

Better get to work.

Greg

#######################

Good morning. 21 degrees with an expected high in the mid 40's. Nice cloudless sky. I ended up heading to my cousins place yesterday to drop off the skid steer so he could get to work on his new shop. No trains.

Garry - That crash is going to be interesting to clean up.

Terry - There are just times you have to put your foot down. Well done.

Sherrel - If your HOA has an office, have you thought about dropping them off on their door step?

Johnny - That sound like good news for your wife. Glad to hear the results.

CambriaArea51 - That's some outstanding work you did on the UPS trailer. Thumb up.gif The CSX loco also, excellent. By the way, welcome to the forum. Don't be a stranger.

Curt - Liked the old Horseshoe Curve video. Got to see it in person years ago.

Willie -
Sure like your gas prices. Filled up the other day at $2.84. Years back the state stuck their nose in and have regulated gas prices to some extent so the large companies wouldn't be abe to run the small mom and pop stations out of business. You can get a few cents off at places like Costo, but I avoid goting to town if I can.

I hope to get some time to visit the train room today. Got the little GE 70 ton switcher sent off to Bachmann. Hope theu can get it running right. After replacing the plastic couplers with a regular Kadee 158, it looks so much better. The plastic coupler had a shank almost an eigth inch longer. Looks much better.

Here's a rail picture for today.

why-extreme-heat-turns-train-tracks-into-spaghetti.jpg

Later

Ray, have you tried the eco200, instead of the 21p?
It has a 9 pin jst connector, you wouldn’t need to buy any extra adpaters.

Afternoon All,

Did some chores today and then trimmed the hedges. I forgot to mention the other day we booked 2 cruises. The first is next September going to Bermuda (just the two of us) then the second one is a family cruise March 2020 during spring break for school. The dates let us make installments for the costs.

Louis- I love the Pennsy Box Cabs.

Garry- That's really bad, but no one here is royal, except a royal pain in the neck...yeah let's go with neck!:D

Sherrel- Glad Foxie is doing OK. I moved them today from the truck to the garage so you can probably say I hugged them.:rolleyes:

Johnny- Looked like a fun time.

Chet- Gas here is $2.38 and slowly going down. Of course as you go towards Orlando or the tourist areas it goes up. Doesn't flooding usually cause that type of damage?

I hope everyone has a good night.

Sherrel - Don't read this!
Chet and Curt - At the local Kroger gas pumps today, without any discount, regular unleaded was $1.99/gal. Most other places were at $2.05 or less. Another advantage of living in a state awash with oil!

Sherrel - Don't read this!
Chet and Curt - At the local Kroger gas pumps today, without any discount, regular unleaded was $1.99/gal. Most other places were at $2.05 or less. Another advantage of living in a state awash with oil!
We have no Kroger's in Montana. Albertsons is a sister company, but no gas pumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back