Running Bear's Mid-June Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late dinner for me tonight.

My wife went to the dentist. All she wanted for dinner was tapioca pudding. None the less she offered to make me whatever I wanted.

"Don't worry Angel Face, I got this!"

Boiled Aldi chicken dogs (I love these things) on whole wheat with jalapenos, yellow onion, and yellow mustard. A feast fit for a king! At least my beagles and I thought so. No bread, onion, jalapenos, or mustard for the beagles. And no leftovers to put away!

Have a good night, Everybody!

Late dinner for me tonight.

My wife went to the dentist. All she wanted for dinner was tapioca pudding. None the less she offered to make me whatever I wanted.

"Don't worry Angel Face, I got this!"

Boiled Aldi chicken dogs (I love these things) on whole wheat with jalapenos, yellow onion, and yellow mustard. A feast fit for a king! At least my beagles and I thought so. No bread, onion, jalapenos, or mustard for the beagles. And no leftovers to put away!

Have a good night, Everybody!
And who dares to say that men can't multitask? You fed yourself AND the dogs with one shot👍

Calves slaughtered for veal don't pollute the atmosphere with their farts since they aren't around for long. Additionally, true veal calves don't eat hay or grains which require "energy" to produce! Italian restaurants here still offer lots of veal entrees, but I suspect that much of it is actually baby beef.
They've probably outlawed foie gras in Wisconsin as well.
Just parts of WIsconsin

It's the end of the day.

View from Riu Palace Hotel, Montego Bay.

IMG_0935.JPG

Number 60 Aln Valley Railway. You know you are in Northumberland with the flags of Northumberland on the left.

IMG_2438.JPG

Sundown

IMG_0902.JPG

Goodnight

David

Speaking of Chicken Parm, guess what my wife ordered?
347380124_6393902794010174_1250340801288368649_n.jpg

I got the meatlovers calzone (she asked if I wanted BBQ sauce instead of marinara, I said yes)

347401014_6393902857343501_3507640564793482925_n.jpg

Then the wife wanted a turtle sundae from Culvers. Turtle was the flavour of the day, so she just got two scoops of it.
I got the Mixer with Cookie Dough (extra Cookie Dough).

Back to editing... got to get rid of the typos, wrong words, and some verbosity

Watches - I never wore one for long. I've owned two in my life. One that Santa gave me in 1958, but was lost on the move from Brooklyn to New Orleans. The second was a ten year anniversary watch that the company gave me in 1982. The days of the week were in Spanish! I think that it's still in the drawer where I put it then. I learned to tell time by the sun when I was in the Boy Scouts, and my sense of the time is pretty accurate otherwise. Now I mostly don't care except for doctor appointments.
Agreed, except for appointments, I don’t need the time.

I have 2 watches of the 3 I was given in the 30 years after college. The third watch the company gave me for my 10th anniversary at the office. I was the 1st employee able to make it to 10 years working at the brother’s company. I got it and a nice party and meal for about 30 of us. Thanked everyone for the watch and promptly put it in a drawer with the other 2. One of the other 2 was a watch from my dad.

Around when we were going through things to thin down for my retirement and move the son asked if I had any watches, he needed one. Told him which drawer and he could have the ones not from my dad. He took my anniversary watch and the winder. Took in to a jeweler to have the engraving removed. Turns out it was a Tag Heuer Carrera (meant nothing to me then or now) watch and worth a pretty penny. Truly didn’t care and told the son do what he wanted with it. He still has it and wears it when flying but when he’s checking his Crews washing windows, trapping bats or preventing birds from roosting he wears an old Timex that keeps on ticking.

I have a phone that tells me the day, date and time. No need for anything on the wrist.

Last edited:
Speaking of Chicken Parm, guess what my wife ordered?
View attachment 170964

I got the meatlovers calzone (she asked if I wanted BBQ sauce instead of marinara, I said yes)

View attachment 170965

Then the wife wanted a turtle sundae from Culvers. Turtle was the flavour of the day, so she just got two scoops of it.
I got the Mixer with Cookie Dough (extra Cookie Dough).

Back to editing... got to get rid of the typos, wrong words, and some verbosity
Until Monday with the grandson, I was unaware that Culvers concrete mixers come in multiple sizes. I guess I always ordered a small. When we went into the store to order I said large. Wow, never will I do that again as great as it was. 1260 calories without ordering the Heath toffee pieces that of course I had to have. Over 150 carbs. Yes, of course I finished it. Worst then 1/2 a pizza.

IMG_0470.png

Last edited:
Evening all,

Kept me busy at work. Won't be there tomorrow as I'm working Saturday instead. Going to KC area tomorrow to see an old lady, although the grandson says I am an old man.

102° currently and still supposed to be 100° again tomorrow. Way too hot IMO, but it is officially summer.

Have a good night.

Until Monday with the grandson, I was unaware that Culvers concrete mixers come in multiple sizes. I guess I always ordered a small. When we went into the store to order I said large. Wow, never will I do that again as great as it was. 1260 calories without ordering the Heath toffee pieces that of course I had to have. Over 150 carbs. Yes, of course I finished it. Worst then 1/2 a pizza.

View attachment 170966
Well at least you get plenty of protein! (Look for the positives)

I am so used to weathering with washes either with a brush or air brush. I pretty much forgot how to paint a roof. After 4 or 5 passes with the airbrush and just a slight coat of white, the light bulb came on. I was using a wash for painting the roof of the engine house. I was using my white/gray wash. Fixed that! Went to white with just a bit of black.
IMG_4443.jpeg
IMG_4442.jpeg

this getting old thing is tough to handle occasionally

for the concrete pad, a bit easier with some black, some white and a foam brush to dab it on
IMG_4444.jpeg
Over the next couple days, the floor, roof and walls will get weathered.

One breaker that i know is mostly intact is just north of Tamaqua, right off of old Arlington yard. I guess it was part of Lehigh Coal and Navigation belongings. There is one near Shenandoah, but it is slowly being taken appart. This one i visited on several occasions and have pictures. It also had rotary dumper for hoppers (that's gone). Only the main building was left last time i checked. One of most interesting was in Ashley, just south of Wilkes-Barre. It was the last coal breaker in existence which was owned by a railroad (Jersey Central i think). All that's left of this one is i think power plant with chimney building.
There is a washing facility operated by the Reading Anthracite Co, in Shenandoah, that loads out R&N. I guess mostly export coal for Europe. They operate the New St. Nicholas facility outside of Minersville, but it is for bulk loading and not rail served at present.
That tidbit came from several sources, but could be dated.New St. Nicholas was closed until recently. from what I understand. I haven't been in those parts since 2008, when the wife's grandmother passes at the ripe old age of 102. The funeral was in Summit Hill.

I ended up spending most of the day in the yard, fencing the garden with something that will keep the deer from destroying my remaining vegetable plants. These wild creatures take all the enjoyment out of gardening. As the temperature rose, the air thickened. I had to keep taking breaks,and I'm slow enough to begin with...but I finished.

Tomorrow, we will attempt to thin the beds containing perennials around the patio. According to some forecasts, the wind will change around 1300 tomorrow, and cleanse the air quality. The rain will return Saturday...Been that kind of summer so far. Warmed to 82° today.

Tomorrow is the last day of June. Wow, the year's half gone...

I've worn an Apple watch since they came out in 2015. Before that I hadn't worn a watch in 10 or 12 years and had never been a huge watch wearer (and when I did it was a cheap Casio or Timex most of the time though I did have a cheap Swiss Armt brand watch for a short while). I don't wear the Apple Watch for the time, though I do use it as needed for that.

I wear it as it works with the phone and lets me know when I get an important text, or a notification, or a call, or something when the phone is in my pocket and I can't tell. It's a way to stay married as when the Mrs texts me or the kids need to be picked up, I need to be attentive or be in trouble.

I do use it to check the temperature and stuff like that and when in Japan it works as a Suica card (stored value transit and payment card) so I can easily ride busses, trains, etc with just a tap of the wrist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back