Running Bear's Mid-June Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp... I smell PVC cement... and the cursing is mostly done.

Here's the offending pipe:

Drain 1.jpg

The drain plug is stuck in the PVC part and won't budge. so they had to cut down farther on the pipe than they wanted to.

A new addition to the household today! Our local daughter has decided that "WE" should take care of her son's Sulcata Turtle as her oldest will be finishing High School next year and she has a 2 YO to occupy her time along with working. Poor thing was living in a roughly 6x6 pen which was in her small front yard and The Spousal Unit and I felt sorry for her. She is about 16 inches and feels like she is a small bag of cement - she has our whole back yard to roam in and she loves it.
NOT exactly the pup that I was looking for, but we are enjoying her presence.
Here is KATE giving him her ( am having trouble with the him/her bit) a slice of carrot.
Pretty sure that she will outlive me?

1688150656813.jpeg

A new addition to the household today! Our local daughter has decided that "WE" should take care of her son's Sulcata Turtle as her oldest will be finishing High School next year and she has a 2 YO to occupy her time along with working. Poor thing was living in a roughly 6x6 pen which was in her small front yard and The Spousal Unit and I felt sorry for her. She is about 16 inches and feels like she is a small bag of cement - she has our whole back yard to roam in and she loves it.
Here is KATE giving him her ( am having trouble with the him/her bit) a slice of carrot.

View attachment 170999
Good thing that's not a Snapperhead, or those fingers would be gone with that carrot.

Cool, someone is into continental European rail. I was wondering about your avatar.
I mostly do Japanese and German/Austrian/Swiss in N-scale. I only have a few US prototypes UP locomotives and some intermodal cars since we see those locally.

The avatar is a Fleischmann BR101 locomotive IIRC. I need to zoom in to make sure. All the DB locomotives in their current standard liveries are red and they are all similarly 'modern' in shape and small like that it is hard to tell and I've used the same one for like 5 years so I forget. But I am pretty sure its a BR101 and not, for example, my BR147.

I mostly do Japanese and German/Austrian/Swiss in N-scale. I only have a few US prototypes UP locomotives and some intermodal cars since we see those locally.

The avatar is a Fleischmann BR101 locomotive IIRC. I need to zoom in to make sure. All the DB locomotives in their current standard liveries are red and they are all similarly 'modern' in shape and small like that it is hard to tell and I've used the same one for like 5 years so I forget. But I am pretty sure its a BR101 and not, for example, my BR147.
I believe the New Jersey Transit ALP46 was based on BR101, if i'm correct. I see those in Jersey all the time. Nice machines, although i preffer ALP44 in looks department. I have few German locomotives, but from older era when steam was still present. V200 in rare cream and blue livery and a few steam locomotives, BR52 and BR42 and few others.

Afternoon All,

Today it started out at 75F and feel like temp is in the 100's now. No rain for 5-7 days. Today started out going to 2 grocery stores, a butcher shop then Kohl's in another town. We stopped at DQ (the wife likes it) for lunch then I got a haircut and last but not least Wally World. I wanted to put the first coat of vegetation on the tree armatures, but I'm beat and it's not going to happen today.

Hughie- I felt the same way. I always said, "I got paid to go to sea and I'm not paying to do it now". Famous last words that worked for many years. ;)

Terry- That picture is heartbreaking and uplifting at the same time.

Kriegslok- That is a strange paint job.

David- Gorgeous scenery in the Norway video.

Willie- Great buildings. Our gas is $3.13 now. She's laying on me now as I type this.

Patrick- Have a nice visit with your Mom.

Sherrel- Congrats on the new addition. Our daughter does the same thing to us. The last one was a cockatiel.

Chad- Nice looking trains.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Afternoon All,

Today it started out at 75F and feel like temp is in the 100's now. No rain for 5-7 days. Today started out going to 2 grocery stores, a butcher shop then Kohl's in another town. We stopped at DQ (the wife likes it) for lunch then I got a haircut and last but not least Wally World. I wanted to put the first coat of vegetation on the tree armatures, but I'm beat and it's not going to happen today.

Hughie- I felt the same way. I always said, "I got paid to go to sea and I'm not paying to do it now". Famous last words that worked for many years. ;)

Terry- That picture is heartbreaking and uplifting at the same time.

Kriegslok- That is a strange paint job.

David- Gorgeous scenery in the Norway video.

Willie- Great buildings. Our gas is $3.13 now. She's laying on me now as I type this.

Patrick- Have a nice visit with your Mom.

Sherrel- Congrats on the new addition. Our daughter does the same thing to us. The last one was a cockatiel.

Chad- Nice looking trains.

I hope everyone has a good night.
Norfolk Southern has few more of these special paint jobs on SD70ACC; there's one with red nose, blue and black. I've only seen blue, but it was impossible to snap a picture of it at the time. That's in addition to their "Heritage Units". That same evening there was Lackawanna "Heritage" painted one in the yard, but being so far away this was the best i could do:
20230510_192600.jpg

Norfolk Southern has few more of these special paint jobs on SD70ACC; there's one with red nose, blue and black. I've only seen blue, but it was impossible to snap a picture of it at the time. That's in addition to their "Heritage Units". That same evening there was Lackawanna "Heritage" painted one in the yard, but being so far away this was the best i could do:View attachment 171006
I have to say the back scene needs some work lol
love the weathering
excellent reference

View attachment 170999
3 perks here Sherrel
#1, this pup doesn't bark and
#2 smaller "piles" to clean up in the yard and
#3, when you play fetch, if you get thirsty, you have time to go get a beer out of the frige while you wait for her/him to retrieve it! ;) :D

I believe the New Jersey Transit ALP46 was based on BR101, if i'm correct. I see those in Jersey all the time. Nice machines, although i preffer ALP44 in looks department. I have few German locomotives, but from older era when steam was still present. V200 in rare cream and blue livery and a few steam locomotives, BR52 and BR42 and few others.
Yes I believe you’re right about the ALP46. One of the NJ locomotives was based on the BR101, which is the premier long distance intercity passenger locomotive in Germany.

I don’t have any steam but I do go back to the original E10 and stuff from the 1950s though most of my stuff is the later BR110/112/113 and also BR103 and other 1970s-1990s plus modern era. (E10 was renamed BR110 and BR112/113 are later versions of the same series). I lived in Germany 86-87 and also 91-93 and in the 80s rode a lot of trains so most of what I am interested in are the ones I saw and rode regularly plus modern era because I’d like to go back and they are cool.

same with Japan. No steam but we go to Japan about every other year and have ridden a ton of trains there so I have stuff from when we started going to Japan plus a few earlier things that might still have been found at the end of their lives or things my wife would have ridden when she was growing up there.

I don’t really have a connection to US railways much which is why I don’t have much. We do have UP freight so I have few things for that and we have our heavy rail commuter rail UTA FrontRunner and KATO did a custom shop version of the locomotive for that and Athearn did UTA FrontRummer double recket passenger cars at one time so if I find them I’d pick them up as we see them though I’ve not ridden them.

Once holidayed in Tunisia and loved it
then a terrorist shot and killed tourists on the same beach we enjoyed

had a good happy life and so many don’t gotta love a poodle

fyi not when we were there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back