Running Bear's March 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_3236.png

And I'm finally here from the new laptop!

Decided I'd order the USB3.0/USB A to USB C converter from Amazon, because Best Buy didn't have the kind I wanted in stock. My old ones are the type that look like an extension of the computer, (no cord, just two prongs that slide into the thunderbolt ports on the side.). The problem is, they cover up the new MagSafe charging port. The old one used the thunderbolt ports to charge the computer, so it wasn't an issue.

Problem, my wireless mouse has an OLD USB 3.0 dongle that has to plug into the computer...

FINE, I went back to best buy and purchased the cheapest one I could. It'll go in the travel computer bag once the new adapter from Amazon arrives.

Update on the Honorary Sister, they've approved everything (donor organ, her health, flavor of ice cream) and should be pushing her into the OR at any time...

Last edited:
Afternoon All,

Started out the day in the 60's and rainy. The sky is overcast now. After animal chores (bird and skunk) I went to the train room. Today I painted detail parts, modified a couple and mounted a couple on the existing wood structures.

Troy- Computer problems s**k. Great news about your wife's "sister". Nice looking tank models.

Bill- Interesting design above the bay window.

Mac- Nice looking car.

Mike- It's the same here.

George- Very professionally done.

Guy- At least you're still making progress.

Willie- Nice work on the graveyard and the house.

Sherrel- Welcome back and continued prayers.

I hope everyone has a good night.

I'm Back !!!! Did you miss me yet?

Had the MAC repaired - actually took only 4 days including Sat and Sun and a much better price than Apple wanted. I still do not understand what happened ... I have really been careful how I handled it; closed the lid - opened the lid the next morning and was greeted with a blank screen?

You guys sure have become prolific in the writing department. Heavens, 4-5 pages a day?

Francine : Good to see you here this fine Sunday morning! If you please, I will have one of MEL'S
famous Garbage Omelet's with a side of bacon. A large Dr Pepper with it would be nice, thank you. I'll Just grab a chair over the corner soes I can see the trains as they crawl by!

I actually see some blue sky out there this morning. Yesterday it rained pretty good most all day long and hard for a few minutes. We are at 50% above normal for the year and have three months to go.

On the medical front, i survived the port placement. They placed it right at the same spot where a seat belt crosses - requiring me to either hold the belt out or place a folded face towel under it?
I have an MRI tomorrow morning - then three days of Chemo - then a Dr. Appointment Friday.
I'm actually feeling pretty good for a change, and I hope that it is a good sign. We will see what the next round of treatment does to me.
I am now mostly a skin head - Spousal Unit gave me a buzz job yesterday as my hair was coming out by the handful!

Later, glad to see all of you are still here, along with several "new" heads?
Glad to see you up and running :)

That cleaned up nice!

Still see a few that look like that running around (don't know if its the same year or model) but they look very similar!
The further west, the more interesting that with what vehicles are being used in normal daily routines. When in Montana last year, saw many old pickup trucks from 70s, 60s and even one or two from the 50s used for what they were build. Is see nothing wrong with driving an older vehicle in everyday use, but here in the northeast and especially in larger cities, such vehicles are thrown away because everyone has to have new. Saw plenty old muscle cars on the road today, but they are mostly kept in the garages and brought out in a nice weather like today.

Good evening gang!

Flo, can I get a cold Coke Zero with lots of ice?

Today is National Stroke Survivors Day, I didn't realize I had my own holiday!

Been in a bit of a funk regarding the hobby as of late, hence my absence. W*rk has literally been a cluster lately and I have brushed off and polished my resume' because of it. I'm not going to go down with this ship. Done a bunch of re-evaluating things, coupled with a run session Saturday on a buddies layout so I spent a good bit of yesterday along with time today to start finishing up half started projects. The 1st thing to escape the workbench , the Beverly Hillbillies Buick truck.
hillbillies car.jpg

The rest of the "clan" are still standing on a paint stick with 2 sided tape awaiting finishing. I'll get them done in the next few evenings. Also in that same paint stick are the figures for my poor white trash trailer scene.

Willie, that house kit looks amazing like my grandparent house in Baltimore when I was a kid. (4109 Edgar Terrace) I have to get me one of those for the layout.

I have a question for all those with layouts. Do you find yourself more on the "operations" side of the hobby, or is your layout more on the "railfan" side of the hobby. The layout my buddy has is mainly for operations, even though he can at open houses he does have provisions for roundy round running. When operating,,9-10 trains are all working at the same time, passing, switching, all under the control of a dispatcher. It's 3 layers and HUGE. My layout might keep 3-4 operators busy once it gets running, but 90% of the time I will just be the only operator and I doo love to let 1 train just run while I do other things. (yes, I can run point to point or in a loop) Just wondering your thoughts.

Kriegslok. Nice Audi, do you know what they cal the import tax on those cars?

Audi duty 😁

Goodnight all!

Good evening gang!

Flo, can I get a cold Coke Zero with lots of ice?

Today is National Stroke Survivors Day, I didn't realize I had my own holiday!

Been in a bit of a funk regarding the hobby as of late, hence my absence. W*rk has literally been a cluster lately and I have brushed off and polished my resume' because of it. I'm not going to go down with this ship. Done a bunch of re-evaluating things, coupled with a run session Saturday on a buddies layout so I spent a good bit of yesterday along with time today to start finishing up half started projects. The 1st thing to escape the workbench , the Beverly Hillbillies Buick truck.
View attachment 182992
The rest of the "clan" are still standing on a paint stick with 2 sided tape awaiting finishing. I'll get them done in the next few evenings. Also in that same paint stick are the figures for my poor white trash trailer scene.

Willie, that house kit looks amazing like my grandparent house in Baltimore when I was a kid. (4109 Edgar Terrace) I have to get me one of those for the layout.

I have a question for all those with layouts. Do you find yourself more on the "operations" side of the hobby, or is your layout more on the "railfan" side of the hobby. The layout my buddy has is mainly for operations, even though he can at open houses he does have provisions for roundy round running. When operating,,9-10 trains are all working at the same time, passing, switching, all under the control of a dispatcher. It's 3 layers and HUGE. My layout might keep 3-4 operators busy once it gets running, but 90% of the time I will just be the only operator and I doo love to let 1 train just run while I do other things. (yes, I can run point to point or in a loop) Just wondering your thoughts.

Kriegslok. Nice Audi, do you know what they cal the import tax on those cars?

Audi duty 😁

Goodnight all!
I rebuilt my layout to be better suited for operation. I still have a loop for railfan.

I have a question for all those with layouts. Do you find yourself more on the "operations" side of the hobby, or is your layout more on the "railfan" side of the hobby. The layout my buddy has is mainly for operations.....
I always did a bit of both.
Never could get into one aspect or another.
Have dreams of building a new and improved Broake & Howe RR with the WN&K tied in.
Operations would be the main focus.
These days, it seems easier to tell a story or two than to actually do something..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back