Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johnny- I got off my butt and measured both pieces.

Platform - 1 3/8" wide 16" long(2- 8" pieces) and 3 1/2" tall.

House- 4 3/4" wide 10 3/4" long 4 3/4" tall at roof peak.

Obviously it is a plastic kit but I painted and weathered it so it has a wooden.

1520464410564.jpg

This is my setup.

ICE HOUSE? ... We don't need no stinkin ice house! Just sit whatever you want cold on Chet's poarch;)

We got up to 45 degrees this afternoon. May be cold for you, but shorts weather up here. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hey Everybody!

All is well here in southeast Baltimore.

I've been as busy as a Russian internet troll.

Not much progress on the home front, but I'm perking and working and having a ball!

I wanted to share with you my latest train purchase. It's an MTH O scale McDonald's like the ones I remember.

271607334301_1.jpg

I got it brand new in the box on eBay. Cost me $65, but I thought it was money well spent!
H1097-L96381038.jpg

Have a good night Everybody!

God Bless Us Everyone.

Good evening all,

A question for the group. Has anyone used the Micro Engineering yard ladder system, or have any opinions on it, thought about using it?

mec_no5_ladder.png

as anyone used the Micro Engineering yard ladder system, or have any opinions on it, thought about using it?

Answer, Not Yet, Yes and Yes. I bought two of the standard switches and two of the diverging curved, but none of the other sections yet. I plan on using them for my second staging area, when I get that far. They are of course code 83 #5, and the bulk of my layout is code 70 so I'm really waiting for them to come out with the code 70 version. From what I can see, they are similar in operation and appearance to the #6 switches. Biggest advantage is that there is less need to cut the switch to fit the desired use.

Good evening.

Sherrel ... LOL on your ice house remark. The Santa Fe book in your link looks like a good one.

Louis ..... Good to see you. My first McDonalds hamburger was at a building like the model you purchased . Nice !

Good morning everyone. 24 and clear here in SW MO, hitting 48 later. Hope this is winter's last gasps for this part of the country. Except for some rain chances, a nice weekend coming up here. Sure hope all of you in the northeast are staying safe and warm during this second nor'easter - and they say another one's coming your way next week?!?! You gotta catch a break sometime!

Chet - Thank you for that offer. I'll send you a PM a little later.
Curt - Thank you for the measurements. I just wondered whether you're satisfied with the structure and whether it was a difficult kit to build?

In the train room, I'm just plugging away at putting down roads. BTW, decided to go with fairly heavy posterboard that I spray painted. Never could find the signs that Chet uses, and couldn't get enough decent scraps of roofing felt like Willie uses. I'm hoping this stuff stays glued down okay.

Time for some coffee. Have a good day everyone.

Good morning all. Brisk 48*-should get up to 65*

neK and Chet should watch for the mail today.

Y'all have a good day, yuh hear.

Phil
"The ironey of life is,that by the time you're old enuf to know your way around, you're not going anywhere.

Good morning. 33° and sunny with a couple inches of frozen slush on the ground. Going to 44, which will make it easier to deal with.

I was in the process of finishing my tax return, and was going through the error check process when an error message came up. Seems that I had not downloaded the state software. When I declined to download the state, it took a fit and deleted all personal information from the returns and work sheets. :mad:

Taxes ........UG ! always wasted & never get your monies worth. I send mine to a taxman let his deal with it. I've learned I;m my own worst taxman

Ain't it great ?

Chet - nice back drop in that photo, and love the way the snow looks so realistic ............. NO wait that is real, ok still like the mountains :)

Sherrel - I get a kick out of your sense of humor. I try not to have a mouth full of coffee when reading

Coffee and keyboards not a good mix
Greg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning Everyone. 38° and partly cloudy here this morning. After a cooler day yesterday with a high of only 58°, we're expecting upper 60's to lower 70's for a few days. Grocery/beer trek today will take up all of my morning. Got the granddog back last night while my daughter, SIL and two grandson's spend a week in Costa Rica during spring break.
I didn't spend much time out in the train shed yesterday but what time I did spend was in reconstructing the warehouse I posted about yesterday. One whole side was glued to the base poorly and was shifted by almost 1/8".
03-07-18 009.JPG03-07-18 011.JPG
I managed to carve the office annex off the base as seen in the second photo. Decided that re-doing the whole wall was not necessary; I am going to carve off the back part of the guide ridge for the annex and glue the office back on so that the wall on the right side aligns with the main structure wall. I'll have to trim the roof to fit and use some putty between the stairs and wall to achieve an acceptable look.

Chet -
We haven't really had a bad winter in quite a few years.
What you posted yesterday looks bad enough! I prefer wearing shorts and t-shirts from March through November in this part of the world. As I have posted before, I never have to shovel 100° out of my driveway!
Ditto on the trailers in rural areas. I have many either on the layout or standing by. The now defunct NuComp Miniatures put out many resin trailer kits years ago that fit in well in some of my scenes. In reality, around here none are as well kept as the Walther's models.
Curt - Thanks and nice progress on your latest project.
Joe - Thanks. Federal taxes - I always tried to break as close to even on my taxes rather than get a refund. It didn't make sense to me to let the government use my funds interest-free all year long. Even though my wife now prepares tax returns for a living, she doesn't do ours until early April for some reason. I did ours in February for years until she took a tax class to learn stuff and got job offers from three H & R Block offices when she finished the class.
Just read your latest post...I hate it when computers do that. Not everyone has "Auto-Save" like this forum does.
Louis - Nice looking purchase. I do remember them looking like that when I was younger, even though I have never eaten at a McDonalds in my life.
Eric - You posted about two months ago regarding the possibility of reconstructive surgery. Is that still a possibility?
Ken (D&J) - Get well soon. Hope that it isn't this nasty flu that's going around.

Everybody have a great day.

Willie

Good morning - Cloudy skies kept the temps from dropping too much and we are at 27 degrees with a high expected in the mid 40's again.

Hope those of you effected by the northeast snow storm are making out alright.

Louis - Like the McDonald's. I would have liked to have put one on my layout, but the towns were too small to have had one. Nice to see you chiming in. Don't work too hard.

Eric - Sorry I couldn't talk with you yesterday. I don't like to yap on the cell while driving. Suprised it rang as I usually turn the phon off while driving. Senior moment.

Curt - The grade crossings look good. I should get off my but and finish the last ones one my layout that I started last year. Seems that when I hit the train room, project are forgotten and trains are running before you know it. Got to see the train room for the first time in a couple of weeks when I went down looking for the old ice house.

Phil - I'll be looking for the package. I am expecting the Kadee B&M car to be here soon also.

Ken D&J - Hope you get over the bug soon. Benn there and done that.

Willie - It's good that you don't have to do too much work on the building. I don't mind winter, to a point. When we were living in Miama, I really missed the change of seasons. Sometimes hard to know what season it was down there. If the golf fees went up, it was winter.

Taxes were done a couple of weeks ago. The itsy bitsy refund should be arriving any day.

Here's a rail photo for today.

aa65e2cc9cb398d349191d625353bd64--railroad-track-pictures-railroad-tracks.jpg

Cheer up bucko's

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back