Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chet: I would comment on the Rail Picture but since it could be a family member I will keep it to my self.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning Rail Joiners!
It's somewheres around 45? and headed to a 76 high? Partly sunny with fairly fast moving high clouds, so something must be brewing?

JOE - sorry that happened to you! Been there, done that! Well, not exactly ... have always used a tax man, and a good one. Up to now I figure that they have saved me more than the cost, but with the "new" tax plan - I may have to rethink that. My guy that I had for over 35 years passed away who lived in Ft Myers, moved there from N.H. in the 80's. We met in Saudia Arabia of all places where he was working in the tax department for Raython Corp. Gentleman I have now comes pretty close to being as good - maybe - but, have not been with him that long.

KEN D&J - sorry you not feeling good. Take care, get well quick! How's the movie business going?

Sun's coming up now, so better get moving. Auto is still on hold? Booster Unit is getting the carpet cleaned today - spent half day yesterday and more this morning moving furniture all over- looks like we're moving again. Dogs are looking around like they are lost?
I have another Doctor's meeting this morning with the Chemo Adminstrator. I think that they could have just called me to tell me the results of all the follow ups, but, NO, I have to drive all over God's brown earth plus pay for an office visit!
One of my two laptops has to go to the shop! Battery won't last more than 15 min and getting messages all over that it is going "kaput"!

Gotta go .. everyone have a nice day.

Good morning. 33° and sunny with a couple inches of frozen slush on the ground. Going to 44, which will make it easier to deal with.

I was in the process of finishing my tax return, and was going through the error check process when an error message came up. Seems that I had not downloaded the state software. When I declined to download the state, it took a fit and deleted all personal information from the returns and work sheets. :mad:

Joe ..... Wow.... What software were you using ? ...I would think it would have been backing up the data as you worked.

Sherrel ... We never have somebody else do our taxes, but we are retired number crunchers.

Chet .... Looks like a trespasser in the photo.

Good Morning Everyone....sunny and cold here.

Chet: Your rail pic with the Eye Candy may convince more modelers to start rail fanning in hopes of finding a beauty of their own.

Finally, ran some trains yesterday. One minor problem with one loco, the loco stalls at three spots on the layout. Just this loco stalls. Cleaned the track and the problem disappears until next time.

Waiting for the plumber to install the new garbage disposal.

Spent some time yesterday looking a site with pictures of George Sellios' F&SM layout. I enjoy the details and weathering of the layout. I need to master the methods of making "Ghost" signs on buildings. Also, I need to weathered the sides of the rails, even if they are painted and add more grime and oil on the ballast between the rails.

That's all for now.

Greg

##########

OK, here's another. A two-fer

6c39360fd0a1c7454906414d5c8269fd.jpg

I thought this was a model railroad forum. Put up a couple of photos of some nice looking young ladies and wake up a bunch of people. hysterical-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

Afternoon All,

Did chores this morning then I glued the roadways in place and everything got 2 coats of "asphalt". Tomorrow I will probably put in the missing ground cover after everything dries.

Sherrel- But, but...it's the Santa Fe!:p

Louis- I remember those. Good to hear from you.

Greg- You might need to clean the locomotive wheels also.

Johnny- I use mine as it's on a siding with a stockyard and slaughterhouse. It went together like most Walthers kits. I do remember having issues with the platform but this was one of the first kits I made when I returned to the hobby.

VA Ken- Hope you feel better soon.

Chet- Thank you. Nice rail shot.

Willie- Thank you. If I was doing what you are doing I would probably screw it up.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Curt: Good recommendation on cleaning the wheels of the troublesome loco who likes to stall. The wheel were cleaned not long ago and are spotless. Thinking maybe a broken feeder or bad rail joiner (all soldered) I checked these spots for track power and the rails had power. The rails are in gauge. No dips or problems with the track work.

The loco is an older Proto 1000 or 2000 with sound.

I've had problems with removing the shell of the loco and will do another attempt at shell removal to check the electrics under shell for any problems, but again it happens in the same areas each and every time. New in the box, I have the same loco with a different engine number and I may try that one to see if if operates in the same manner.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back