Running Bear's June 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wished that the people at my Walmart store looked that good!

I realize that the RV is a lot of extra expense, however the convenience of taking the pets with us (60 bucks a day for boarding) plus not having to hunt for eats or a late/early cup of coffee, plus (LOL) the ability to pee when needed says a lot.
I just have the wife hold an empty Gatorade bottle for me while I drive.

Good evening ..

It’s late and I see many interesting posts here in the Coffee Shop. I wish I could comment on all of them.

Lois.. glad you are here. I wish I could try your meatballs.

Johnny... Good to hear Dena is doing well.

Sherrel... The Baldwin switcher looks great. I noticed the Katy boxcar behind it. I also have a Katy boxcar like that, and my weathering is similar.

Willie .. I have feelings like yours regarding MIA forum members.

Good night everybody.

Sherrel and Beady: Here's one that similar that I am looking at....my wife found one that is stripped down for under $70 at Costco. No hand brakes or front bag for me.

View attachment 37065

Beady: Seat storage for locomotives or beer.

I have a portable chair that works, but is very heavy and uncomfortable to sit on. I also considered a Ice Fishing stool that I could carry.

Greg

Greg
Greg I had one of those, they are great! I was fortunate to be young enough at that time that I was able recover and get along without it. I gave mine to my neighbor, she needed it more that I did or I would send it to you.

Unless you have hills in your travels the brakes are unnecessary. They are also not so good on unpaved surfaces. I've seen some with pneumatic tires that might do better "off-road".

Good morning Everybody!

Look at me, oh yeah you can't see me. I'm in my chair at my desk in my train room! I worked a little bit yesterday, 2.5 hours and they paid me 4.5 hours. I feel good this morning, life is good!

Sherrel, I only go to Walmart early in the morning to avoid the … people I want to avoid. :)
In days long gone I had many nicknames, most were only used behind my back, but one of the few I would hear to my face was "hammer" These days I feel more like the nail.
With tears in her eyes my Nanny told me "you have to hit back, but promise me you will never swing first" I've never been a threat to anybody because I would never break my promise to my Nanny, but if they swung first...

David, its Baltimore, of course it's bizarre! After making coffee the first thing I did when I got up was close the windows. The humidity is rising signaling a return of higher temperatures. The fall weather was nice while it lasted.

Here is one our missing friend Bruce would like. No matter how different we all are we can always find common ground if we try.

Speaking of music :) I heard this yesterday on the classic metal channel on Music Choice as I was on my way home from delivering packages for Amazon. I may no longer be young, but my spirit still is!
"Since I was born they couldn't hold me down
Another misfit kid, another burned-out town
I never played by the rules, I never really cared
My nasty reputation takes me everywhere

I look and see it's not only me
So many others have stood where I stand
We are the young, so raise your hands

They call us problem child
We spend our lives on trial
We walk an endless mile
We are the youth gone wild
We stand and we won't fall
We're one and one for all
The writing's on the wall
We are the youth gone wild"

My generation had so much promise, but so many of us turned into greedy, selfish and hateful SOBs.
What does a man gain to make profit at the expense of his soul?
"I'll be prepared when they are lonely and scared at the end of our days"

Garry, anytime you are passing through Baltimore stop by and I will be happy to make meatballs for you. I'm only five minutes off the second exit past the Fort Mchenry tunnel on 95 north. Let me know the day you are coming and call me when you cross the VA/MD line and I'll have the meatballs ready for you. I'll be curious to see if you call me Lois to my face. ;)

Curt, I heard this yesterday and knowing you are a Zeppelin fan I thought of you.

Willie, sorry for clutering up the forum with all these music videos, but you know me. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHBjdSRmRvU

Have a great day Everybody!

One for the road :)

Last edited:
Good morning. It's 75 with a slight haze and should hit 92* later, with RAIN in the forecast . Lawns are brown.

The walker is what I had after my surgery , Needed it as had no strength, was down to 120 lbs. Has a metal basket under the seat but no bag in front.

GARRY- Are you aware that CAPE JIM and INCH are gone ? Haven't kept up with the other Diner like I used to.

Prayers for them and all here.
Phil

Good Morning, 58 degrees and partly sunny! Bruette, you have finally posted a song from what I think is the all time best Hard Rock Band and one of my favorite songs: Communication Breakdown by Led Zeppelin! We all have our favorites; however, I think most rock historians would agree with my assertion. To show what a diverse interest in music I have, we went to see John Prine this past Saturday night at the DECC in Duluth, MN! I have seen quite a few of the big name Rock Bands over the years and I have now seen John Prine the most of anyone and that is three times. I love the guy!

Good Morning All. 73° and mostly cloudy, 90% humidity and falling barometric pressure, means probable rain later today. Not too sure how the Weather Underground can say that the wind is out of the SE at 0 mph...how do they know that it is SE if it is 0?
Rather busy in here this morning, good to see all of you this early. Make it two eggs sunny side up and a handful of bacon for me this morning Francine.
Most likely the ground outside will remain too soft for mowing for another day or two, if it doesn't rain today! This black "gumbo" soil when saturated is like walking on the sand at the Gulf Coast.
Thanks for all of the likes and comments regarding yesterday's pictures; Justin, Dave, Phil, Sherrel, Jerome.
Some progress in the train shed yesterday on the Masonic Lodge while ground cover was drying on the peninsula.
More cut-outs to make; before.
06-04-19 003.JPG
And after adding the backing, glass and inserts.
06-04-19 006.JPG

Together.
06-04-19 007.JPG

Adding the muntin bar.
06-04-19 008.JPG

06-04-19 010.JPG

I have decided that the roughness is acceptable as it is most likely a stucco surface that naturally has a bit of a rough texture. We'll see later if it can pass the "three foot rule".

Dave - The roads have been there for a bit now, I paint concrete/gray color directly on the plywood for concrete roads. I didn't do them all at once, but in various phases. Still need to add stripes. In this part of Texas, many industrial parks are built without curbs on the roads. Certainly can observe your modeling era by the lack of (OSHA-mandated) safety gear on the workers in the sawmill!
Terry and others - Ain't no personal property tax on autos here in Texas. No state income tax either. We do pay an 8.5% sales tax however.
Sherrel - If I traveled more (and might some day), I would have one of them RV's like yours.
Louis - I love Baltimore politics. The politicians there really show how corrupt and bad things can be. I'm sure that there are a few "good apples" there that just don't make the news.
Zepplin tune has to be the finest two and a half minutes in rock history.
Beady -
I think I'm probably an outlier.
Maybe so, but nestled in to my 65,000 mp3's are at least 1000 classical pieces. My favorite is Bartok.

Everybody have a great day.

Good morning. It's 75 with a slight haze and should hit 92* later, with RAIN in the forecast . Lawns are brown.

The walker is what I had after my surgery , Needed it as had no strength, was down to 120 lbs. Has a metal basket under the seat but no bag in front.

GARRY- Are you aware that CAPE JIM and INCH are gone ? Haven't kept up with the other Diner like I used to.

Prayers for them and all here.
Phil

Phil .... Yes, I am aware of that. Both Jim and Mike (Inch) have visited my layout. I recall Inch's last post in the MR forum Diner when he informed us he was dying of cancer. I sent a personal email to him, but he did not reply. A while later, I checked the obituaries in his town, and he was listed. I informed the other diners. .... Jim was here was during heavy rains which evolved in to the big Nashville Flood several years ago.

Willie .... The front of the building is looking very nice.

Dave LASM .... I like the sawmill interior.

Morning All,

Just a quick note. I'm hoping Mom will be released today and then life can continue on. My dental surgery will be on the 18th. I will try to post later depending on how things go.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back