Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning folks, its currently 60 outside, a little chilly but no need for a coat imo.

Update on the lightning-struck oak tree in the yard: My dad and me got all the small stuff piled up outside the yard either to be hauled off or ran through a chipper, the remaining pieces are too big for our chainsaws and we still don't want to bring the tractor into the yard. The roofers will show up today since one limb poked 4 holes into the roof, planning on just doing a patch job.
We did get a lot of firewood out of it. Supposedly wood thats been struck by lightning has magical powers or something, in that case I hope to make some magical briskets with it.😁
Well, it definitely magically poked four holes in your roof😉

Today I had a train ride for a meeting in a bigger city. Yesterday I was thinking I would buy some foam for the RR station.
But keeping a lot for future use in our hobby I realized I had some foam left from the pre backed Pizza's, I sometimes buy. I measured the bricks of our station... oops that would be 1 mm high H0 scale. So I made a small piece and measured the height of 1 section...70 stones high. I made it about 60.
Guess nobody will count or measure it. Tomorrow I will try some paint on the piece to see the result.

Is this me not understanding it right? I mean my english is good enough to understand most but surely not all.
Are you angry with me!? Not meaning to do any harm.
In Holland there are many jokes about the subject. Its because mothers don't "loose" there children to anyone. So sometimes parents in general are very protective against boy friends and girlfriends. So pls forgive me.
MARA No I'm not mad at all. That was 55 years ago. Future mother's in-laws can be a pain and that definitely was the case with her. I still talk with my old girlfriend now and then. She agrees my mother was some pain in ***. When I married my current wife her mother wasn't alive at the time. Jane my wife said, good thing for you.
Swal

Is this me not understanding it right? I mean my english is good enough to understand most but surely not all.
Are you angry with me!? Not meaning to do any harm.
In Holland there are many jokes about the subject. Its because mothers don't "loose" there children to anyone. So sometimes parents in general are very protective against boy friends and girlfriends. So pls forgive me.
I think it's in the way he presented it Mara.
Basically a "What he wanted to say the girlfriend's mother".
Not directed at you. :)

Boy....I have not popped in here in a while but hey here I am for a moment. Hope everyone is doing well and those who are not, I bid you well and good things come your way soon.

I am preparing to leave in the next 48 hours to go to UK. I will be going to London then on to Edinburgh, Scotland for a few days then back to London to Bristol to see a few sites, castles, and the likes along the way. Stop at Stonehenge and a couple dives. I will be seeing the Johnnie Walker Distillery and the Deadman's Fingers Distillery. I may hit another distillery too. Then off to Wales for a country side train ride etc. I may try to hit a hobby shop some where or not. I would like to find a good bait & tackle store for Rapala lures as I am an avid user of their products. I was hoping to make a trip to Finland on this trip but I will go next time for Ireland and Finland in the fall. Next year will be Italy! I will check back in after my trip.

When I get back I will be preparing my SPRING start of fishing season and my boat will come out on the last week of March or maybe earlier.

Ya'll have a good one!

Boy....I have not popped in here in a while but hey here I am for a moment. Hope everyone is doing well and those who are not, I bid you well and good things come your way soon.

I am preparing to leave in the next 48 hours to go to UK. I will be going to London then on to Edinburgh, Scotland for a few days then back to London to Bristol to see a few sites, castles, and the likes along the way. Stop at Stonehenge and a couple dives. I will be seeing the Johnnie Walker Distillery and the Deadman's Fingers Distillery. I may hit another distillery too. Then off to Wales for a country side train ride etc. I may try to hit a hobby shop some where or not. I would like to find a good bait & tackle store for Rapala lures as I am an avid user of their products. I was hoping to make a trip to Finland on this trip but I will go next time for Ireland and Finland in the fall. Next year will be Italy! I will check back in after my trip.

When I get back I will be preparing my SPRING start of fishing season and my boat will come out on the last week of March or maybe earlier.

Ya'll have a good one!
Safe travels!!!!

Ya'll have a good one!
I'm jealous.

Afternoon All,

Started out the day in the low 50's under a cloudless sky. After animal chores I took Dad's car to get detailed. After lunch we went to ALDI. Now I'm going to sit on my back side and Roxie the skunk is sleeping on me.

moermusic- Welcome back and nice catch.

Mac- Great photos. That station would make a awesome scratch build.

David- I'm sure you and Dawn are happily exhausted.

Guy- Great job on the build. The mountaineer is the other RR excursion that I really want to do.

Willie- Nice scenes.

James- Be safe and have an awesome trip.

I hope everyone has a good night.

I'm not sure if that does anything because people have told me you can only own one car the other is considered an asset when it comes to Medicaid.
Perfect example of the contradictory information you receive concerning this subject. Since they are supposed to look back 5 years from the date of the application, the worst that could happen is you have to sell it. Having the title in your name expedites that if it comes to it. But, that sometimes is contingent on how thorough the caseworker wants to be. Don't volunteer any information, only answer direct questions. (They already have access to most of the information you are compiling, so they already know most of the answers).

Ya'll have a good one!
Have a safe trip and enjoy.

sounds like a blast!

Ya'll have a good one!
Have an enjoyable journey

Good evening all. A cup of Russian Caravan please, Flo.

The girls have gone home, but before they left they asked if they could stop longer.
They will be back on Sunday for younger, Julia's birthday party.

Meanwhile a few days of taking things easy; unless!!!

Ya'll have a good one!
Safe travels and have a good time

Several things to consider, according to the swordswoman/stage fighter/stunt person who made the video I posted:

1. Does it affect your ability to swing your weapon correctly? Highly decorative DD cups, yeah, that totally changes what you can do to attack, parry and basically fight with your weapon.

2. Does it affect your ability to move in other ways? is the corset part flexible, and allow your sternum, breathing areas to move. If you can't run because you can't breath, that's a problem.

3. Does it add extra weight. A lot of plate armor was designed to shift some of the weight to the hips, so it wasn't all hanging off the shoulders. That will tire you out a lot faster in a fight, than having the weight displaced across various parts of the body.

4. Leather tunic isn't the the only other option. Chain or maille is flexible and doesn't add much if any weight over plate. Much preferable to a leather tunic. Boiled leather is fairly hard. I'd take it over being tired out, or not able to swing a weapon, in a fight.

5. If we're into more of a musketeer era, Porthos, D'artangnen etc... I'll take the leather tunic. Plate is useless against a musket ball. Close quarters fighting I want agility more than weight and movement restrictions.

Yes, I'm a bit of a swords and armour nerd. ;)
I thought the earlier comment that a sliding blade over the peaks making a hit to the sternum and breathlessness or worse an injury significant worry and if too big imagine falling off a horse face first you would take a thump to the sternum there also,
If just for show then fine, but otherwise I think a multiple plate with a thick undergarment seems better, light bike kit seems better, with plastic plates for shoulder and elbows and elbows seems better, but not necessarily good for cosplay
IMG_4220.png

We have a Scottish sword but I do not think a kilt would offer much protection
my son in my girls blouse, my designer velvet waistcoat, scarf and beads, silk scarf, my belt, and silk scarf on his waist, the earrings defo not mine plastic, looked good BUT he had to suffice with the plastic pistol and a plastic cutlass for the school fancy dress, he did win 🥇 but I do not think school would have appreciated the metal one.
2007 0717 jamie pirate ahoy.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back