Running Bear's February 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Louis- You're work day sounds like a adventure. Glad Tucker continues to do well. Is he wearing the cone of shame?

Curt you should hear about the things I see when I am delivering to customers homes. I should write a book, but it would not be for kids!

Tucker's wound prohibits the use of a cone. I underestimated it, it's over 10" long and he has over 2 dozen staples. I'm defiantly going to be calling him Frankie.

Spelled backward: Driver Returned On Foot.

Believe it or not, I used to work for Ford a long, long time ago, in a land far, far away, and still retain some loyalty to them.
I could never get my brother to own any products produced by the blue oval people, after his 1968 LTD blew its engine with 42,000 miles on it. He blamed the car, even though he regularly drove in excess of 100mph, and the last time he had the oil changed was when the car had 30,000 miles.

I learned quite a while ago, that none of the major companies build "junk", ...

I think Ford and Chevy are about equal these days, you take care of it and it will take care of you.

Last edited:
This one is the Scale Trains Gevo,a little lighter weathering on the body itself but same on the trucks.
IMG_2484.jpg
IMG_2488.jpg

Howdy ...

I see everybody is having fun with car names.

Volkswagen pronouncd “Folks Walking”.

We just got back from Nashville. Assuming , Shelley’s Mom recovers, she has a very long recovery ahead of her. Very weak. 77 pounds. Mental capabilities reduced.

Willie and Curt ... Thanks for thoughts and prayers.

Good Morning and Happy Ground Hog Day. Looks like 53° and foggy again this morning. Looking at mid-60's again today and then into the 70's for a few days. I was working in the garden yesterday when I had to round up the granddog and go inside for a bit. The man who farms the field on the south side of the road decided to fertilize his wheat field with one of those big John Deere 4830 sprayers. That 100' boom is something to behold, though I didn't need to expose me or the dog to the spray drift that is inevitable with one of those machines. Did housework instead. Later I went for an extra long walk down to the mailbox and back, 2.25 miles. I don't pass any other houses when I make that trip. Very pleasant. Speaking of walking, I used to be able to go walking through the woods about a quarter mile down the road and observe and photograph deer, bobcats and the local mountain lion. Unfortunately the newly acquired husband of the lady who owns the land decided to put up a fence with a locked gate last summer, thus cutting me off from that activity. He has also denied me permission to enter the property. Such a pity. Prior to the fence, he had installed battery powered "game cameras" that I used to wave at when passing. Karma is my friend but I won't get into that now. It's already biting him. That 100 acre property has been considered cursed by many to begin with. There have been four deaths and a number of unexplained fires on it since I moved here 38 years ago.

Not much to report from the train shed yesterday. Mainly did some minor stuff in the town project and ran some trains.

Louis - Belated birthday wishes for Angela.
Chet - Hope that it is good news from the orthopedic guy. I miss those small markets myself. There was still one in the town or Era near me until recently when they built a Quik Trip convenience store in town. That was the demise of the market although I think the owners were ready to retire anyway.
Sherrel - That's really good news regarding the dizziness.
Curt - Hope that your daughter has a quick recovery.
Garry - Have a very safe trip to Nashville and continued prayers for your MIL and family.
David - In this area, there were and still are many small feed & seed stores constructed like that. This one is not rail-served. Customers just back up to the door and get loaded. Deliveries are seldom made with anything larger than a 20' box truck or flatbed truck. There is evidence on some that a loading platform once existed but was removed, probably due to maintenance.

If there are ground hogs in this area, they won't see any shadows this morning. We are out of their normal habitat range by a few hundred miles. It's probably too hot and dry here.
Everybody have a great day.

Willie: Interesting, while it could be built either way it still makes more sense to me to have a full width loading dock to allow more working area for deliveries or shipments.

Howdy ...

We just got back from Nashville. Assuming , Shelley’s Mom recovers, she has a very long recovery ahead of her. Very weak. 77 pounds. Mental capabilities reduced.

Garry:. My prayers too that Shelly's Mom does recover. My prayer was made.

Howdy ...

I'm comforted to know you are a man of strong faith. That can carry you and your family through anything. God be with you my friend.

You may not know it, but I prefer and mostly buy diesels, but steam engines are a testiment to mans genius. They are complex marvels of human engineering!

While I'm at it, I want to give a shout our to Milwaukee Road 113 that brilliant young man posts many of the pictures on facebook that in turn repost here . He is a true gentleman and a scholar of the railroad industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back