Running Bear's February 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weighing my options on running for President - It's a pretty large field, so I don't feel that they would notice one more in the fray? Most of the PUBS seem to be RINOS anyway - and nothing is ever gonna change in DC.
Do you think Chuck and Nancy will welcome me? I like free stuff too!

I love the idea! Then you can appoint all of us on the forum as cabinet members. We would then be eligible for fat pension, free healthcare for life.

I love the idea! Then you can appoint all of us on the forum as cabinet members. We would then be eligible for fat pension, free healthcare for life.

We would most certainly have HSR between city pairs of less than 3-400 miles with several frequencies a day!
Biggest complaint for me in the SOCAL area - even as good as it is - is lack of frequency.

Added current keepers to 2 Intermountain engines and then finished the weathering (now that I'm done touching them) by blacking the air intakes under the radiator with dirty black then airbrushed grimy black to blend a little.
IMG_2557.jpg
IMG_2558.jpg
IMG_2559.jpg

TOM -- Those look very nice. It's nice to be able to see the trucks on a black loco.
Are you finished, or are you going to highlight the lower part of the fuel tank and trucks with a whitish powder like road dust?

Good morning Everybody, even those who are upset with me ;)

It's 49 with partly cloudy skies here in southeast Baltimore.

It was a beautiful sunny and warm day yesterday, the forecast is not so sunny and warm for today.

Sunday is supposed to be 63 with clear sunny skies! I'll have a hotdog while I listen to the birds on the radio!

Howdy Everyone!

David:
Dave, Max: The fellow in the Outside Brased Box car helping the other guy get in really caught my eye too. I model the period prior to that and have a special liking for the colorful individuals those two depict ! It just seems to be a hell of a high floor to get in as the guy seems to be doing ?

Glad you appreciated the photo.
IMO - the floor might be that high as there weren't standardized dock heights, in those days. Probably loaded/unloaded from a wagon or truck, more than a dock.

Willie: Really like the locksmith & woodworking shops! Nice work!

Louis: Great photo of the crane loading scrap rail !!!

Tom: REALLY like the locos. If I was modeling modern - I'd have a couple of those!

Pikeville KY

Parkersburg WV

TOM -- Those look very nice. It's nice to be able to see the trucks on a black loco.
Are you finished, or are you going to highlight the lower part of the fuel tank and trucks with a whitish powder like road dust?
These two are done,I have 2 more that'll get weathered a little more so when they're together they have slight differences between them.

Good morning everyone,

Supposed to be a pretty nice day with temps starting out in the mid teens, and going up to the low 40s. Supposed to be some freezing rain come in tonight, so we shall see.

Happy Friday Everyone!!!

Good morning, y'all. 38° and somewhat cloudy pre sunrise. Happy Friday ! :).

Tom: Nice job on the CSX power.

Good morning Everybody, even those who are upset with me ;)

Louis: Upset with you? o_O. Who would be upset with you? o_O I'm the dude who upsets people.:oops:. I don't even have to try. :rolleyes:.

Max: Nice photos, the last in the sequence just screams Pittsburgh.

I just don’t know if I’m brave enough to try a Dash 9. I have a couple of Walthers SD70s that would be good candidates. Problem is there are already too many projects on the back burner.

Mike: Just do it!

A few morning errands, then... maybe I'll finish the flat car kit. I also need to paint some windows for the Middlesex MFG kit. Painting for me, is a project killer. :eek:.

Have a great day y'all!

Boris

Louis: Atlanta @ Mets @ Port St. Lucy. 2/23/19 for starters. Some of these games will be on TV also. How 'bout Machado breaking the bank? The White Coffee Pot photo brought back memories too.

Boris

It's great to see baseball is back, any baseball game is good. My only problem is they don't have radio coverage of other games here in Baltimore. If I am sent to the DC area by Amazon I will be able to hear the nationals.

I knew Manny would get 300 million, he would have gotten nearly 400 million, maybe more if he wasn't a lazy, stupid baserunner and an all-around "head case". He is arguably the best defender in baseball and we have not yet seen how good of a hitter he will become. His hitting and power are improving every year. You could make a case for 40 million a year if he was playing shortstop and a positive influence in the club house. The Padres have an option to release him after 5 years, maybe that will inspire him to do better. The Padres remind me of the Yankees in the mid to late 80s. Sign any high price talent you can get with no cohesive plan or regard for the intangibles. I'm glad the Orioles got a good deal for him and the 30 million they save every year will pay for 6-8 better than average players if they are smart about it.

White Coffee Pot brings back great memories for me as well.

Good Morning Guys. 44°, foggy and misting, thunderstorms forecast for later with the high only going up to 51°. A return to the 60's starting tomorrow. Kinda tired of all of this rain, but at least it isn't snow. Had a tooth break yesterday and I have a dentist appointment this morning at 9:00. Most likely will have a temporary crown put on for now with the permanent one ready in a couple of weeks. I hope that I won't need another implant.
Spent part of the afternoon in the train shed yesterday, continued on the project of adding scenery to the latest town. Added six motorcycles, several street signs, mailboxes, vehicles , people, other details and some more ground cover. Once again, all of the pictures turned out crappy. Problem is the large window across the aisle behind the scene is messing with the camera and I don't know how to make manual adjustments. I'll have to rig up a temporary backdrop to block the excessive light.

Chet - Best wishes on the surgery.
Sherrel - Good luck straightening out the bank transfer. Might just be a hiccup from President's Day.
Rain, drizzle now for the 9th straight day - I guess that's what you call "Climate Change"?
No, it's actually El Nino returning after what seems like a decade of La Nina. That's what is causing our wetter than normal winter here.
Running for President? Go for it. If you win, then you get subsidized housing for four years.
We would most certainly have HSR between city pairs of less than 3-400 miles with several frequencies a day!
Don't complain. CA is going to have HSR between two "farm towns".
Garry - Thanks. I'll be posting some more when I get across the road and finish the scenery on that side.
Joe - Thanks as well. I really like assembling these laser-cut wood structures. This town is totally different than my other DPM/Smalltown/Walther's type towns.
Beady - That old circuit board idea for making a structure look occupied is most excellent. Thanks for forwarding it to us. Wonder if it would work as well in HO. I'm going to give it a try.
Tom - Really nice job of weathering.
Curt - Fortunate find on the pool filter.
Louis -
I'll have a hotdog while I listen to the birds on the radio!
I'll do the same, but they will be birds in my trees!:cool:
Jim - Thanks for the comment. I like those pictures that you posted in the middle of the night.

Everybody have a great Friday.

Tom, those are great locomotives!

Phil, Chet, Garry, Beady, David and Jim, great photos! Forgive me if I have missed anyone.

Boris, I don't try to upset people either, it just happens. I can't even pin point what I have done, but they should know me by now, it's nothing personal. Like they say in NY/NJ "Forget about it" :)

Good morning Track Gang.

Hi Flo, Francine, Glad you have Jeffreys' dinner nice and warm, it's good outside alright.

The temp here in the lower foothills at
5:03 Am is 29°F with 69% Humidity ! Very cold to me. The Hi is supposed to be 47°

Sherrel:. I'd certainly let the Dr's office know that you most definitely are disgruntled about having to drive all that distance when the same information could have very easily been sent in an email or text rather than working a hardship on you as well as causing unneeded pollution !!

Willie, I like the real birds too. We have an owl and it seems to me he talks back to me, but he only speaks early in the morning before the sun comes up. I hope my spider buddy survived the winter and comes back, I talk to him to, but he is the silent type. I can only imagine what my neighbors think. I did see a female Robin last week!

I love sitting in my back yard listening to the sounds of nature, train horns, ships horns, sirens, barking dogs, beagles never shut up. I would go mad in silence and the ringing in my ears would give me a headache.

Sherrel:. I'd certainly let the Dr's office know that you most definitely are disgruntled about having to drive all that distance when the same information could have very easily been sent in an email or text rather than working a hardship on you as well as causing unneeded pollution !!

Like they care? David: Complaining only gets one labeled as a wack job. Medical practices have HIPPA Paranoia. Not to mention that a personal visit is a billable to Medicare/Private Insurance. Phone consultation, not necessarily. They are a business...

Badenov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back