Running Bear's February 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
1550757967224.png

Black Hills Central Railroad #110, ex Weyerhauser Timber, 2-6-6-2T articulated Mallet, Baldwin, 1928, at Hill City, South Dakota, July 20, 2017.
Bryan Flint‎ - Steam Locomotive Photographs

Sounds as if everyone has real winter's happenings all around. Still dark so cannot see out at this time, but the rain woke me this AM.
Just on my way downstairs for second cup of coffee - I have a "checkup" doctor's appointment 65 miles away in commuting traffic this morning, so that will be fun - having to leave with extra time for the drive.

It's a sort of complicated mess, but I have a bank to bank transfer each month to cover our house payment here; guess what? I just happened to check the receiving bank account yesterday and found out that a payment was taken from one account ... but never showed up at the receiving end. I'll have to "arm myself" with all my statements from each place and go to work trying to see WHERE THE HECK MY MONEY WENT! I always keep two extra payments in the receiving account, so nothing was missed, but it is nerve racking and I normally don't check that receiving bank account every month as that is all it is used for. By doing it this way it provides me with a local bank account without paying a service charge and a way to get cash locally.

Gotta run .. later ...

Snow, Ice, no worries, spring training has begun!
Feb 23 - Saturday Twins at Orioles, 1:05pm, Ed Smith Stadium Sarasota, FL
Feb 24 - Sunday Blue Jays at Orioles, 1:05pm, Ed Smith Stadium Sarasota, FL
Feb 25 - Monday Orioles at Twins, 1:05pm, Hammond Stadium, Fort Myers, FL
Feb 26 - Tuesday Rays at Orioles, 1:05pm, Ed Smith Stadium, Sarasota, FL
Feb 27 - Wednesday Orioles at Red Sox, 1:05pm, JetBlue Park Fort Myers, FL
Feb 28 - Thursday Orioles at Phillies, 1:05pm, Spectrum Field Clearwater, FL
Complete Baltimore Orioles Spring Training Schedule

Good morning, everybody ...

Willie ..... Your buildings look great.

Curt .... I think you could win a model contest with your building. It is excellent.

Louis .... Regarding the 2-6-6-2 #110..... I inherited a HO brass model of it imported by NWSL long ago. It did not fit in, and I sold it for over $1,000.

Mark .... Your kit bashing contest is a great idea. I posted a comment in your thread.

Chet ..... Your F7 AB looks great. I'm sure you will enjoy it. Nice video! ........ Regarding your photo of the Empire Builder here is mine.

26038567437_b01682f937_k.jpg

Joe -
Lucky you on that!

Willie: For sure. I had anticipated a complete memory loss, so I was pleasantly surprised. four years ago, I had the dealer change the battery, and it took several days to get our preferences restored. There must be a capacitor somewhere in the circuit that retains memory for a given period of time.
The battery is in the trunk, and has lever controlled clamps, which made the job easier, but I still had problems seating the positive terminal clamp. Very little room to work with.

Boris

Good morning, 39° and somewhat sunny. the 3" of snow is gone, (except on my driveway), and I didn't lift a shovel. ;) Going to the mid 50s, so things are looking up.

Sherrel: What ever happened to the old adage "It never rains in Southern California"?

Garry: "Builder" on the Bridge looks great.

Louis: Atlanta @ Mets @ Port St. Lucy. 2/23/19 for starters. Some of these games will be on TV also. How 'bout Machado breaking the bank? The White Coffee Pot photo brought back memories too.

Willie: I enjoy your structures and urban development.

Boris

I’m excited too! Means spring is around the corner.

Polomar Mountain to the south is blanketed with clouds - I assume that they have snow this morning?
My cousin who has worked for the radio station KFROG out here - lives in Yukaipa (I know it's not spelled correctly) at about the same elevation as here - sent me a picture of his yard and drive covered with a couple inches of "white stuff".
Rain, drizzle now for the 9th straight day - I guess that's what you call "Climate Change"?
Temp is 46 degrees - will not get above 50 for a couple days - ah, Winter!

I joined that Model Railroading on a Budget Facebook group, and I think those of you who dont like Facebook may be shortchanging yourselves. As an example, here's a post from this morning, with just a couple of the accompanying photos:

For interiors in my n scale buildings I like to use old circuit boards painted a "mechanical" color with a few bright colors and I use figures that are not suitable for placing outside the building.The floors are removable for future lighting. I also use fiberglass drywall seam tape for the window mullions in this building.

FB_IMG_1550771995766.jpg

FB_IMG_1550772009902.jpg

Good afternoon all,

Well, it stopped snowing, we got about 9" Mild temps today, currently +12. Fancy I call that mild! I guess it is the presence of the sun and absence of wind.

Here is a photo of my Great Grandfather, Isaac Marion Banta, at the Forest Lake MN depot in 1904. This is the Northern Pacific between St. Paul and Duluth. I believe this is technically a Northern Pacific depot, whereas the one about 5 miles up the track, also on the same line, was not.

I believe the team and wagon is stopped on the tracks, funny they don't show up unless they are pretty much covered with sand.

I love these photos "this is how they really did it". Notice how nicely he is dressed for farm chores. They lived about 4 miles out of town.

resized.jpg

Afternoon All,

Did some chores then started some layout siding prep work today after figuring out where the three structures will sit (Gardiner's, Preston Printers and Walthers Ice House). I have a friend that works for a pool distributor in Daytona and he was able to get the tower for $200 with a local Orlando pickup so no shipping charge, but I will have to pay tax.

Chet- Thank you. The F7's look great and look like good pullers.

Max- Thank you.

Joe- Thank you.

Sherrel- Thank you and good to have you back.

Willie- Thank you. If you are interested in the structure it can easily be split into 2 buildings.

Dave- The family photo is great.

Garry- Great layout shot.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Doesn't count there in Florida.It's spring when they're practicing up here.Besides we gotta get past ST.Patrick's day Before I even think spring.

Doesn't count there in Florida.It's spring when they're practicing up here.Besides we gotta get past ST.Patrick's day Before I even think spring.

According to TSN, todays pre season game between the Seattle mariners and the Oakland A's, at Peoria AZ, was cancelled. Four games are scheduled for tomorrow, two in Arizona, and 2 in Florida. That usually means two things, 1. Spring is coming, and 2. Look out for a huge Spring Snowstorm.

Boris

One more year in order to get the "all clear" from my Cancer surgeon - which will require another CT Scan. I have certainly kept Kaiser technicians employed with the countless CT's that I have had.
Today's trip was a bust! They very well could have told me everything over the phone, but NO - Let's make him drive 150 miles in rainy wet commuter traffic and soak him for another "office visit" co-pay just to tell him that the "Scan and Blood Work" looked very good!
I really should not complain - I would have died 4 years ago had it not been for their aggressive stance on detection and getting me into surgery all within a couple weeks of my switching carriers over to Kaiser - and then repairing the three aneurysms that were found as well.

When I drove away from the house this morning -- it was sleeting, but only for a few minutes. For the most part it has been spotted rain showers mixed in with a few lightening bolts and huge claps of thunder - still going on.

Weighing my options on running for President - It's a pretty large field, so I don't feel that they would notice one more in the fray? Most of the PUBS seem to be RINOS anyway - and nothing is ever gonna change in DC.
Do you think Chuck and Nancy will welcome me? I like free stuff too!

[QUOTE="Beady, post: 452340, member: 4913"]For interiors in my n scale buildings I like to use old circuit boards painted a "mechanical" color with a few bright colors and I use figures that are not suitable for placing outside the building.The floors are removable for future lighting. I also use fiberglass drywall seam tape for the window mullions in this building.[/QUOTE]

Beady: That's a excellent and clever idea. The interior details translate well.

started some layout siding prep work today after figuring out where the three structures will sit (Gardiner's, Preston Printers and Walthers Ice House).

Curt: Placement is sometimes the hardest part of structure construction.

Here is a photo of my Great Grandfather, Isaac Marion Banta, at the Forest Lake MN depot in 1904. This is the Northern Pacific between St. Paul and Duluth. I believe this is technically a Northern Pacific depot, whereas the one about 5 miles up the track, also on the same line, was not.

Dave: I worked with a fellow who was a descendant of folks that settled in one of the prairie states. Kevin has a collection of letters written by this relative, and shared them with me and our conductor. They were a fascinating read, describing different aspects of their life. You are fortunate to possess actual photos from their time. Thanks for sharing them.

I am working on several projects, right now, a Walthers flat car kit from the '90s, as well as three structures. I would make more progress if it wasn't for the Hockey games on TV.

Boris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back