Running Bear's February 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Gang, this is where I have to disagree with Louis and Mark.
I can't stand most of Led Zeps work. Mainly I think because some of their stuff has been played sooooo much. I can remember when "Stairway to Heaven" came out, It was played at least a hundred million billion times each week. It made me want to go full Elvis on any radio that played it! I was poisoned forever I fear.
That being said, I do like Robert Plant's one solo album, "Now and Zen"
RobertPlantNowAndZen.jpg

Good morning gang
35 and cloudy here, warming trend til Saturday night, then more snow?o_O
Anyway, happy hump day!

Last edited:
Just above Zero here, it has snowed every day for a week now. This can stop! Shoveling snow is getting almost as boring as discussing who was the best heavy metal band in the late 60s early 70s!

Try some good music for a change:
This is John Prine and Iris DeMent singing "In Spite of Ourselves".

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Gang, this is where I have to disagree with Louis and Mark.
I can't stand most of Led Zeps work. Mainly I think because some of their stuff has been played sooooo much. I can remember when "Stairway to Heaven" came out, It was played at least a hundred million billion times each week. It made me want to go full Elvis on any radio that played it! I was poisoned forever I fear.
That being said, I do like Robert Plant's one solo album, "Now and Zen"
RobertPlantNowAndZen.jpg
Karl that is exactly why Led Zeppelin is not one of my favorite bands. I don't ever want to hear Stairway to Heaven or Lynyrd Skynyrd's Free Bird, both have been played to death.
Both of those bands are great and have many great songs, but the radio plays the same songs over and over and over.
try playing these sometimes! I can relate to these songs

It's 24, windy, blowing and drifting snow. Kringle, our other cat, woke me up at 3, and my new aches and pains kept me awake. I think I may be able to sleep now, though still got to get Mom to the podiatrist after noon.

I believe that Led Zepplin has been chosen the Best Rock Band of all time by some people who choose these types of things, so just because you don't like, doesn't mean you get to chose who is best. I stopped listing to the radio when I went into the U.S. ARMY, as in Germany all I could get was Wolfman Jack on Armed Forces Radio! So, I listened to my own stereo and never put anything on that I didn't want to hear. After I got out of the ARMY, I went into my Country Western Phase. Now I am eclectic in my music choices, so nothing ever gets played so much that I get tired of hearing it.

Beady, Wow! What a great song! Really captures the worthlessness of WAR! My firm belief is that the S.O.Bs. who make the decision to go to war should be the first BLANKs to lead the charge!

Last edited by a moderator:
For music, I have a collection of several thousand songs, from Religious to acid rock to classical to easy listening to new country.
When I hit the "shuffle" button, it is a very interesting selection.

Terry i commend tyou, but i don't deviate far off the hard rock/heavy metal path. When i do it's usually something that reminds me of my past.
This about as far as i go.
All though i do like Wagner and some other classical music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back