Running Bear's February 2019 Coffee Shop

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beady

FB_IMG_1549734709512.jpg

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Today I first built the upper stairs. The only kit pieces used are the hand rails. I also built the lower loading dock stairs and lastly I painted the base MM aged concrete.

Dave- Sounds like a fun trip.

Willie- Happy Birthday to your wife. That's a nice detail with the blood on the apron.

Beady- That must be Godzilla cat.

Louis- My family had one TV like that growing up and I had a console TV on a swivel from JC Penny's in the early 80's. I don't think I've heard the Alice Cooper song in years.

20190212_111702-2016x980.jpg

20190212_111736-2016x980.jpg

20190212_111857-2016x980.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

montanan

Whiskey Merchant
Good afternoon. Started th day off at 24 degrees and it is 35 now. Had some wind yesterday afternoon and the end on the driveway is drifted over pretty good, but passable plus other drifts across the drive. Time to get the tractor started.

Got back from the doctor and it looks like a total reverse shoulder replacement.

Mark - Similar out here too with drivers speeding. I have had the same thing happen to me. One thing I have noticed about Minnesota drivers is that they like to homestead the left (passing) lane instead of keeping to the right. One thing that bugs me is when someone is sitting waiting to pull on the highway and then pull out in front of you and instead of getting up the the speed limit, just poke along. This is really fun on icy roads.

Jim - good photos again.

Curt - That building is a masterpiece. Well done. Thumb up.gif

Greg - Get that RDC out of the box and onto the rails. You know you want to.

Time to plow the driveway. Later

GarryCBQ

Howdy ...

We got back from Nashville late last night . Shelley’s Mom is about the same . All she did was sleep. ... The stolen car has not been located.

We have had about three days of heavy rain. It finally stopped raining this afternoon.

Chet ... we have a lot of drivers here who are as you described . They pull out in front of you from a side road and drive ahead of you at low speeds . It seems like they are waiting until you are close to the intersection and then pull out at the last instant.

Curt ... I like your work on the building . I notice you do not comment, but let the pictures “talk” for you.

Boris

Beach Bum
Good evening.

They pull out in front of you from a side road and drive ahead of you at low speeds . It seems like they are waiting until you are close to the intersection and then pull out at the last instant.

Garry: And here I thought it was a Jersey Phenomenon. They also like to ride the shoulder and remain in your blind spot.

Curt: The stairway from the second floor to the dock looks great. Nice touch.

Not available in Baltimore???:cool:

Willie: Nothing is banned in Baltimore....

Max: Great Photos.

Beady: That's a cool picture. The cat's a bit scrawny though, feed it.

Boris

Bruette

For me the best band ever is easy Black Sabbath
What song to choose or even what singer is another matter I can never decided
Heaven and Hell
Black Sabbath
Sing me a song, you're a singer
Do me a wrong, you're a bringer of evil
The devil is never a maker
The less that you give, you're a taker
So it's on and on and on, it's heaven and hell
Oh well

The lover of life's not a sinner
The ending is just a beginner
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming
So it's on and on and on, oh it's on and on and on
It goes on and on and on, Heaven and Hell
I can tell
Fool, fool

Oh uh
Yeah, yeah, yeah

Well if it seems to be real, it's illusion
For every moment of truth, there's confusion in life
Love can be seen as the answer, but nobody bleeds for the dancer
And it's on and on, on and on and on and on and on and on and on

They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of kings and queens
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
It's heaven and hell, oh well

And they'll tell you black is really white
The moon is just the sun at night
And when you walk in golden halls
You get to keep the gold that falls
It's heaven and hell, oh no

Fool, fool
You've got to bleed for the dancer
Fool, fool
Look for the answer
Fool, fool, fool

Songwriters: MICHAEL BUTLER,RONNIE DIO,TONY IOMMI,WILLIAM WARD

Beady

I don't know why I suddenly felt so ambitious; I don't know why I didn't try to get any help; and I don't know how I did it. Somehow, though, I managed to load four 4x4' sheets of 5/8" plywood on top of the car at Home Depot, drive the 4 miles home at rush hour without spilling them all over the street, and get them down to the basement, all by myself. Not bad for an out of shape old fart with 3 stents and COPD. Now I just have to fasten them to the table tops and I'm ready to go. However, we have to take my mother to the podiatrist tomorrow, and we're supposed to have freezing rain tomorrow. And I can already feel my body seizing up from today's exercise. I got a hunch tomorrow may be a loss.

Bruette

I don't know why I suddenly felt so ambitious; I don't know why I didn't try to get any help; and I don't know how I did it. Somehow, though, I managed to load four 4x4' sheets of 5/8" plywood on top of the car at Home Depot, drive the 4 miles home at rush hour without spilling them all over the street, and get them down to the basement, all by myself. Not bad for an out of shape old fart with 3 stents and COPD. Now I just have to fasten them to the table tops and I'm ready to go. However, we have to take my mother to the podiatrist tomorrow, and we're supposed to have freezing rain tomorrow. And I can already feel my body seizing up from today's exercise. I got a hunch tomorrow may be a loss.
I hope you don't pay tomorrow, either way take it easy tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.