Running Bear's December 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh. To make a long story short, my 92-yo mother made a formal complaint in her assisted-care facility that someone on the staff had stolen $74 out of her room. My brother, who keeps Mom's wallet in a safe at home, found a $50 bill there, and SIL found $24 in Mom's sock drawer. Luckily, the employee in question has been there 10 years or so and has a sterling reputation, and my brother and SIL immediately contacted the manager and explained what happened. And Mom wants to know why we don't want her to have any money or credit cards. The saving grace is that the manager has certainly seen all this before. Even so...

I keep saying it: The more I see of the 90s, the less I want to make it past 85.

Not a pleasant day weather wise. Made even worse by the new family problems stated by our forum family friends. DEB and I have our family problems but in comparison a bit less in hardship.
Wish all warmth and health along with continued prayers .
Phil

Howdy ...

Trying to catch up with all of the stuff going on with you coffee shop patrons. There is a lot.

Boris ... Sorry to hear about your needing knee surgery this spring.

Pink Floyd ... Condolences for your sister in law passing away. Prayers for your MIL. The flood sounds like quite a mess.

B Bob ... Good to see you .... if you are considering ideas for retirement locations, we are retired in the lakes area of western KY and like it. thanks for commenting about my MIL.

Everybody .... Thanks again for thoughts, prayers, condolences regarding my MIL passing away. I read them all. Also, It is good seeing all of your posts on various topics.

We did not put our Christmas tree up this year. Too much going on.

Where is Louis?

Have a good weekend everybody .

Well, Friday the 13th just stomped on my week.
My sister in law passed away in Washington state after a long illness. I spent some time looking at flights, motels and rental cars on the computer.
As I waited to hear about funeral arrangements, the FLOOD occurred in the club work room.
Now, my 95 yro MIL fell in the tub this morning and broke her hip. She is in surgery right now.
My wife will be leaving soon to visit her mother after the surgery and I will have take care of some other commitments for the next few days.

I will likely been occupied with other things for awhile, so please excuse me for ignoring your questions and comments. I do appreciate your interest.
Our prayers and best wishes to you and your family.

Unique view of 1225, the Polar Express.
FB_IMG_1576256907929.jpg

Howdy Everyone!

Joe - Good luck with the whole knee ordeal.

Chet - We're on the same page with the GML :)

Willie - Nice alley photo!

Mikey - Sincere sorrow for your SIL. Prayers for your MIL.

For the second day in a row, I woke up about 3 AM and couldn't fall back asleep. So I went down to work on the layout and was making good progress. Then one of the worst things to a MRRer happened. No, I didn't drop a locomotive on the concrete floor. I dropped my micro fastener organizer. Well over a 1,000 pieces of #0 thru #4 screws, nuts, washers and other miscellaneous fasteners, went flying. I spent the next 35 minutes gathering them up, until my knees, back and shoulders had more than enough. After taking a long break, I went back down and found another 50 or so fasteners. I'm confident that I found most of them, at least to the point where I'm done looking for them. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.
Anyway - my Kadee couplers came today for the 7 cars that needed replacements. I did one car, then started back on the layout construction and had another 1½ hours of progress.
At 2 PM, I took another break and asked the Mrs. if she would be interested in going for an early dinner at the steak house. I expected the restaurant to be busy, as it being Friday and with all the holiday shoppers, but there was only a handful of couples there - Hmmm! :cool::)
Back home, I worked some more on the layout, again with good progress. Other than the organizer incident, I had a good day! As I am getting bored watching Gold Rush, I think I'll just go downstairs!

Have a good evening/night . . .

Jim

QoFQnJG.jpg

Good morning y'all. Rained all day and all night last night. Hopefully that is behind us now. I need a little sunshine to dry out the mud in the yard I was working in. Gotta get that wrapped up.

First cup of coffee down the hatch, about to make the second. Flo, slide some bacon and eggs this way, please.

Max - sorry to hear about your fastener woes, that has a tendency to make some bad words come out.

Continued prayers for all dealing with family troubles and loss.

Keep the layout pics coming, I think I speak for all when I say that they are appreciated, and the craftsmanship is top notch.

Y'all have a good day. I'll check back in to see what the lunch special is later. Take it easy on the donuts today.

Good Morning All. 43° and clear. Survived Friday the 13th unscathed. There's been so many nice days recently that I have nearly run out of outdoor projects to tackle. Time to prune trees for next years firewood supply I guess.

I'll take a stack of blueberry pancakes with a handful of bacon this morning Flo.

Thanks for the likes and comments yesterday despite no progress pictures. That alley scene behind the BBQ joint is one of my favorites on the layout. Thanks; Sherrel, Bob, Phil, Chet, Curt, Jerome, Rick, Tom, Jim.

Well I did make some more progress out in the train shed yesterday. Stenciled the roof of the hardware supply to start.
12-14-19 003.JPG

That picture also shows the two shed roofs that I added. Roof and sign still need a little touch up or maybe just some weathering.
On the tall tower, I chose to add shingle roofing in lieu of tarpaper.
12-14-19 001.JPG

Still have an additional tower on the right side to complete as well as the siding on the tall one.
12-14-19 002.JPG

Then the fun part of doing details, some of which are yer to be determined.

Bob - Congratulations on the retirement. Early retirement is not bad, I retired at 63 and have never looked back.
Chet - Is there no way to house a cat out in the shop? Litter box would be a downside.
Mikey - What a real bummer of a week. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
Hughie - Thanks for the comment. As a fellow Texan I know how much you must also appreciate Rudy's.
Garry -
Where is Louis?
He chose to part ways with the heightened crackdown on political speech here. I hoped that he would return as soon as he got the first Lionel train of the Christmas season.
Tom - Enjoy your time at the train show.
Jim - I have to laugh (sorry) about the screws, been there before.

Everybody have a great day and an awesome weekend.

Good morning, y'all. Currently a damp and foggy atmosphere here in Jersey, with a forecast of more to come. At least the temperature is above freezing.

Thanks to everyone for your support concerning my knees.

I / we have been very busy here since before Thanksgiving, with the wife's mother and her "illness" . She is being discharged from the Rehab on Monday and going back to the Assisted Living facility. They traced her pain to a compression fracture of the lower spine. She is 87, and uncooperative. She denies falling, although, that's pretty much the only way she could injure herself in the way she did.....

I / we still have seasonal shopping and decorating to do, as well as preparing for our Christmas week trip to Northern NY, and it's famous lake effect snow...

Nothing going on in the train room for obvious reasons.

I'm kind of surprised that Louis hasn't returned here. I can understand taking a break from the group, but I figured he would be back by now...

Catch ya later...

Boris

Howdy Everyone!

Joe - Good luck with the whole knee ordeal.

Chet - We're on the same page with the GML :)

Willie - Nice alley photo!

Mikey - Sincere sorrow for your SIL. Prayers for your MIL.

For the second day in a row, I woke up about 3 AM and couldn't fall back asleep. So I went down to work on the layout and was making good progress. Then one of the worst things to a MRRer happened. No, I didn't drop a locomotive on the concrete floor. I dropped my micro fastener organizer. Well over a 1,000 pieces of #0 thru #4 screws, nuts, washers and other miscellaneous fasteners, went flying. I spent the next 35 minutes gathering them up, until my knees, back and shoulders had more than enough. After taking a long break, I went back down and found another 50 or so fasteners. I'm confident that I found most of them, at least to the point where I'm done looking for them. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.
Anyway - my Kadee couplers came today for the 7 cars that needed replacements. I did one car, then started back on the layout construction and had another 1½ hours of progress.
At 2 PM, I took another break and asked the Mrs. if she would be interested in going for an early dinner at the steak house. I expected the restaurant to be busy, as it being Friday and with all the holiday shoppers, but there was only a handful of couples there - Hmmm! :cool::)
Back home, I worked some more on the layout, again with good progress. Other than the organizer incident, I had a good day! As I am getting bored watching Gold Rush, I think I'll just go downstairs!

Have a good evening/night . . .

Jim

QoFQnJG.jpg
Have you thought to pass a magnet over the area?

Good morning all. Another nice day weather wise taking shape. Mid 60's and sunny. Think I'll have the Irish oatmeal this morning.
Well the family is trying to determine what time they will all arrive for Christmas morning. You see everyone brings they gifts and presents to our house and we have Christmas morning here. Some are voting for an insane 6 AM, other 8:30, me, I'm suggesting 1:00 PM. Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back