Running Bear's December 2018 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the reference to Running Bear could be removed and we change this forum to: the Bruette's Coffee Shop. There is no other person who comes here more often than Louis! What say ye?
Naw! Running Bear deserves the honor. Louis keeps the place in business with all of the coffee that he consumes. I heard from the girls that he is a lousy tipper though! Monopolizes the TV as well.

First the weather: 15 degrees and 38 degrees later, partly cloudy, going to mostly, later. 20% chance of precipitation today. South wind at 5 mph, baro. two niner point six one.

I think the reference to Running Bear could be removed and we change this forum to: the Bruette's Coffee Shop. There is no other person who comes here more often than Louis! What say ye?

Thank you, but no thank you.

Jeffery can not be replaced.

I am known to be AWOL for extended periods of time.

Jeffery can not be replaced.

They have me on narcotics, but I am limiting myself to nothing heavier than about 10 pounds, no pushing or pulling, or twisting motions, and not doing a lot of repetitive movements.

Smart, just as I would expect you to be.

Good morning everyone. 40 and partly cloudy out there. Rain moves in tonight.

Nothing much to report. Had an office Christmas party after work yesterday - catered barbecue meats, beans, cole slaw, potatoes. Cheese cake for dessert - hey, any meal that ends with cheese cake is a good meal!!;)

No photos today, since I didn't get much of anything done in the train room last night. But i do promise . . .

Toot - That's a great video of doggie push-ups.
Willie - Hope you don't get much rain out of this system that's pushing across the south these days - it will affect us starting tonight.
Chet - this is probably the only time of year I envy you -- you'll probably have a white Christmas, and ours will be green and brown out there :(

I love Menards - buy a lot of home improvement stuff there. But they seem to be trying to get into the model train business with their pre-built structures and kits as well as other stuff, mostly HO scale. Any of you ever bought their structures? What's your opinion?

No train photos today, but ran across this photo from this past February - our granddaughter #2 and her favorite puppy. Don't think I ever shared it before on the forum. She's about 1 1/2 years old in this photo (the kid, not the dog):
Feb2018.jpg
Have a good day everyone.

Naw! Running Bear deserves the honor. Louis keeps the place in business with all of the coffee that he consumes. I heard from the girls that he is a lousy tipper though! Monopolizes the TV as well.
They are just mad that I won't go out back with them.

I am an excellent tipper!

Nothing worse then a woman scorned. ;)

Good Morning All. 51° and dense fog. Weather Underground says visibility is four miles but I can't see my barn 300 ft from the back porch. Maybe after the sun comes up!:cool: Yesterday's visit to the dentist went well, I now have the last two permanent crowns in place. I certainly won't miss these mid-morning appointments, as they kill over half a day. Pre-Christmas stuff with my wife took up a good portion of the early afternoon.
Finally got to the train shed for about 45 minutes before I had to fire up the grill last night, I'm still strictly charcoal, so I just inspected rail cars. Haven't been finding too many more with drooping couplers, missing brake wheels was yesterday's main culprit. At least that "lost & found" container is getting lighter. Press-fit isn't always "sure-fit" on many of these older Athearn and Roundhouse cars. I eyeballed the shelf with the structure kits on it but decided not to start anything until after the holidays. I mentioned one day last week that I upgraded a Walther's "Sunrise Feed Mill" with signs, figures and details, here's a couple of not really good pictures.
12-12-18 007.JPG

12-12-18 008.JPG

Louis -
I wasted most of the morning looking for my tree topper. It was in the first box of ornaments that I put next to the tree, the last box I looked in.
Well I hope it was the last box you looked in, you'd be a fool to look any more after you found it.o_O
Erik -
I've heard that some sites have a rep for that, but this is really the only one I've hung around at. I only look at the Model Railroader discussion boards occasionally and while I have an ID there I can't recall when I've last commented. I don't think it was recently. Same w/ the MRH discussions.
One forum that I don't visit much anymore has a moderator that seems to constantly "egg" people on. Does gunrunnerjohn sound familiar?
Sherrel - Nice ornament and train.
Johnny -
I love Menards - buy a lot of home improvement stuff there. But they seem to be trying to get into the model train business with their pre-built structures and kits as well as other stuff, mostly HO scale. Any of you ever bought their structures? What's your opinion?
There was a recent thread here regarding their stuff.
Menards

OK, I'm still waiting for you guys to throw some money into the stock market and lift it out of the recent doldrums. Only a few days left this year to invest. Johnny's company might be a good start as they are giving out bonus's.
Everybody have a great day.

Good morning. 35 degrees to start off the day.

Got busy yesterday running some errands and paying a visit to the hardware store. Had one project to do and it turned out being a lot more than I thought it would. Picked up a brush to clean out the dryer vent hose and it was a disaster. The hose detatched from the fitting on the outside of the house and it took around three hours to get it repaired, but now there is a really nice air flow going through the vent. The dryer should work a lot better with all of the lint that was removed from the vent hose.

Greg
- Like the photo. Nice mini scene.

Terry - Take it easy buddy. Nothing more disabling than a bad back. Hope you recover soon. The $100 co-pay lightened your wallet so you wouldn't injure your back more.

Garry
- I sure like that large grain elevator you posted a few days ago. Wish I had the room for something like that. I have three small grain elevators around the layout that bring grain to the mill here in the background.

thumbnail_20181216_153652.jpg

This does generate a lot of car movements around the layout.

Johnny - That is one cute grand daughter.

Willie
- Nice job on the feed mill. Looking good.

ope to get down to the train room for a while today. I'm sure there are some freight cars that need switching.

Here's a rail picture for today.

Alaska_Railroad_tracks.jpg

Later

Well, that pretty much went where I knew it would go.
''There's no way you could have hurt your back just by riding around on the tractor for a couple of days".

Good Morning Everyone....overcast and damp here in Wisconsin.

Chet:
Cleaning our dryer vent is a project I've been putting off so next week I'll tackle the job. Most of the venting I used is metal venting so it should clean up real well.

Trussrod:
Just an addition to my email I sent to you, the Walther's Vulcan Crane kit is likely circa 1980's judging by the original box that Walthers used back then.

I when through a box of miscellaneous kits and RTR and found a wealth of Accurail, McKean, Roundhouse and Blue Box kits. Some are vintage.

This afternoon I'll set the mine in place and that should be a real task since I have to lift it up and through an access point in the layout.

Willie: Hope the guys listen to you and invest in the market before the New Year.

Lunch and back to work.

Greg

##################

IMG_0244 (2).JPG

Saxeville tunnel which leads under the Saxeville Interchange.

Well, that pretty much went where I knew it would go.
''There's no way you could have hurt your back just by riding around on the tractor for a couple of days".
Terry I'm sorry to hear that.

I imagine that old tractor does not have much of a suspension system, if any, maybe a spring on the seat. If it does it probably was long ago worn out. Just ridding on it for a couple of days would be more than enough to cause back pain. What a stupid comment!

The world is full of low-life scumbags always trying to get ahead on the backs of others. In this case it's literal. Next time the cheap SOB should pay a contractor to clear the lot!

Late to the party again this morning. Beautiful day - clear, calm, and supposed to be 77 today!

Got the firewood unloaded and stacked yesterday - almost think that I have more than enough for the year. Have a nice fire going this morning with the train going around the tree - it's beginning to feel more like the Holiday Season to me.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning 40 miles away with the chemo doctor. I need to talk to him about a couple things anyway, so it gives me a chance to get my foot in the door. I have really been having dizzy spells especially when I first try to get out of bed each morning. Blood pressure is OK, but maybe it's something else. It gets better during the day, but still happens for a few seconds if I have been sitting for awhile and then stand up - have to grab something to steady myself. Whatever it is - I DO NOT LIKE IT AT ALL!

Well, that's all my woes this morning. Hope the rest of you are either well, or improving!

For the record - I am scheduled to have a sonogram with the vascular guys on the 28th in Riverside.
These are the guys who did the repair on three of the aneurysms that I had going. What I am leary over is I an afraid that these dizzy comings on may require additional internal patching of vascular conduits around the heart (where the major replumb was done) or the head itself?

Afternoon All,

I drove MOH to the VA hospital for a injection in her hand for her arthritis. The last one lasted 11 months. If the injections quit working then it's hand surgery. After that was done we went grocery shopping, so no train room today. Tomorrow night we have a family Christmas event to go to.

Greg- Nice portal shot.

Johnny- Great pillows. Great family shot.

Sherrel- It looks nice whether it runs or not. Interesting ornament. I truly hope everything works out at the doctors office.

Willie- I like the building details.

Toot- Interesting video.

Terry- I hope you feel better soon. I'm very sorry to hear about the Workman's Comp.

Chet- Nice layout and rail shot.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Again, the following post was given, tongue in cheek. There are pages on the December ANPL Coffee shop thread where the most prolific poster has been Bruette! I was thinking he might like the recognition!

"I think the reference to Running Bear could be removed and we change this forum to: the Bruette's Coffee Shop. There is no other person who comes here more often than Louis! What say ye"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back