Running Bear's December 2018 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Louis- Those look like the ones I grew up with. They're hot as hades when on for awhile.

They just say Merry Christmas to me and the heat they generate works good in my train room/playpen because I don't turn on the heat unless it gets really cold.

Some Christmas pillows to sleep on . . .

Christmas pillows.jpg

Whatsmatter! Could you guys not see the photo I posted - for real?
It came from a html (whatever that is) and I could see it - thought it was rather pretty!

68 degrees and I have a truck load of firewood to move and stack!
Spent the better part of 24 hours getting the aristocraft new/old track put together (thanks to Iron Horseman on giving me a whole list of places to get track screws) - then almost burned up my loco - took it apart last night and mostly just looked at it - and reassembled it today - lubed and checked everything - and just got it going again a few minutes ago. It sure runs smooth on the newer/old track.
Willie -- You have it wrong - That's BEEN NOTHING SINCE FRISCO! OK, Yours works too!

OK - off to the woodpile - TERRY, I hope you are doing better? You too David CA?
Mike --
Good to see another Cubs fan!

Back from Dr.
It seems I have an issue with the disc between C6 and C7. I was given more drugs, and told to take it easy.
Karl, we got your card, thank you.

Forgot the Bloody Photo! Last night when I told the Spousal Unit that I may not be able to repair the loco - she said, "If you can't fix it - can we just leave it sitting on the track"?

Christmas 2018-01.jpg

Attended Christmas Dinner Sunday night at one of the SIL's home.
We all received a gift at out place setting ..... sharing - enjoy!

Christmas 2018 02.jpg

Louis:

The Orioles tried to hire him, but he turned us down, can't say that I blame him.

Girardi never won a championship, so the Yankees discharged him. It's quite obvious why he turned the Orioles down. Why would any sane, experienced Manager work for an organization that expects miracles each season, but gives no support.

Former catchers like Hyde and Girardi can be good managers.

Joe Torre, for instance.

Boris

Back from Dr.
It seems I have an issue with the disc between C6 and C7. I was given more drugs, and told to take it easy.
Karl, we got your card, thank you.

Terry... I am very sorry to hear about that. You have my thoughts and prayers. I know from my own experiences how painful a back injury can be. I wish you the best as you recover from this .

Sherrel .... Nice tree and train. I like the ornament too.

Curt ... Thanks for commenting on my photo.

Johnny ... those are nice pillows .

Cubs fans. ... I grew up near Chicago and went to many games in Wrigley Field .

Last edited:
Good Morning Everyone..................sunny and seasonal this morning but warmer tomorrow.

Down to the layout today to complete the ballasting of the two track leads into and out of the Saxeville Interchange. I just have to do the shoulders of the road bed. Again, since the back sides of the two road beds are not visible, they will remain unfinished.

I did work on wiring the two Tortoise switch machines for the three-two light, green over red, signals on the mine hopper entrance. These signals will aid an engineer when moving cars into or out of the loading hoppers. The Tortoise have two sets of contacts that can be used for power routing, signals, etc.

On all my Tortoise I've used card edge connectors to solder the power feeds and signal wiring, but I found a product from Accu-Lite that is a card edge connector with eight screw terminals. It makes short work of rewiring the existing wiring to the Tortoise, plus the indicator lights. And, changes to the wiring are easy to make under the layout. The device can be slipped off the bottom of the Tortoise to do any wiring and just slipped back on.

View attachment 32613

I also have LED indicator lights on the fascia of the layout to show that the turnouts are in use or been operated.

The wiring to the Tortoise for the mine lighting is connected to a 10 position screw terminal. I like terminal strips to keep wiring neat and to trouble shoot wiring problems or find sources of power using a multi-meter. I use five different sources of voltages of power for the DCC, Signals, Tortoise, incandescent lighting and LED's.

That's all for now.

Greg

View attachment 32614

A mobile crane working the Omro Junk Yard.

Greg: Interesting scene, the Vulcan crane is something I may have to look into myself. Who makes that model?

Last edited:
1545210623337.png

Sherrel I know you will like this next picture ;)
1545210930196.png

Girardi guided the Yankees to their 27th Championship. What baffled me was in his last season, 2017 the Yankees front office said in spring training "it's a rebuilding season" They finished 91-71. They went on to beat the Twins in the wild card game. Got past the Indians in the ALDS only to lose to the Astros in 7 games in the ALCS. All with that "rebuilding team" and all those youngsters and then they let Girardi go. New York is a tough place to play or manage.

Here is a trivia question for you; name the only President's administration not to have a single person indicted in modern history? Hint; his picture was posted previously.
"Every time a bell rings somebody goes to jail or is indicted." I have to give credit to SNL for that one.

one of my favorite baseball cards.
1545212942264.png

Boris, you were right, he was a catcher. He finished his career playing the corners to save his legs and keep his bat in the lineup. He gave the Cardinals the luxury of having a top notch emergency catcher.
1545213461334.png

1545213647358.png

One of the greatest baseball managers in history!
1545213688818.png

Good morning Everybody!

Time for me to do something productive.

Have a great day. I'll stop back later.

Terry, I hope your back is feeling better.

Heat and rest are what work best for my back.

Be careful f they gave you narcotic pain medication. It can mask the pain enough to make you think you are feeling better. Than you try to do things, only to make your back even worse.

Years ago when I first injured my back, when I returned to work I stopped taking the narcotics. The pain is a good indicator of you are doing too much.

Terry, I hope your back is feeling better.

Heat and rest are what work best for my back.

Be careful f they gave you narcotic pain medication. It can mask the pain enough to make you think you are feeling better. Than you try to do things, only to make your back even worse.

Years ago when I first injured my back, when I returned to work I stopped taking the narcotics. The pain is a good indicator of you are doing too much.
They have me on narcotics, but I am limiting myself to nothing heavier than about 10 pounds, no pushing or pulling, or twisting motions, and not doing a lot of repetitive movements.

First the weather: 15 degrees and 38 degrees later, partly cloudy, going to mostly, later. 20% chance of precipitation today. South wind at 5 mph, baro. two niner point six one.

I think the reference to Running Bear could be removed and we change this forum to: the Bruette's Coffee Shop. There is no other person who comes here more often than Louis! What say ye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back