Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLVIII

pouring_coffee1-Copy.png

Good Morning!

Mostly cloudy today falling from a high of 27 this morning.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in Tipton IN

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning. It's 33*F and cloudy here in central MD, under an 8 inch layer of ice-glazed snow.

Toot, glad to see you and your property survived that cyclone.

Garry - fantastic shot, I keep hoping that someday I'll get my layout to the point where I can post photos like yours!

. . .
Had a bit of fun last night driving over all the unplowed roads in our area. Since the Durango died 18 months ago (seems more like 18 years), it sure feels good to have a 4x4 once again!

Good morning folks.

It's sunny and -6 today. I believe the high is suppose to be zero!

I've had a good time at the store closing sale. I've sold just under $25000 worth of furniture in two days! I'm not tops in the store, but I'm a strong 4th I believe, and 2nd in sales yesterday. Not bad for my 9th and 10th day working there. The previous and new owners are happy I think.

I have to work today since the sale is still going on. Now that I'm getting paid on commission I don't mind working a few Sundays. It puts more money in the bank account and that makes for a happy Corey!

Hope everyone has a good day.

I see Ken already gave a weather report for our area, thank you ken.

I have to give Baltimore city government a lot of credit. The roads were great on my Sunday morning grocery store trip. Completely uneventful once I got out of my drive way.

Our temperatures are supposed to get in to the 40s today so it will be vital to clean up the storm drains before the deep freeze returns Tuesday.

No GG1 purchases to report today, but I do have some surprising news about the shipping. The eBay seller has already shipped the Lionel GG1 I bought Saturday morning. It left NY and as arrived in NJ already. The tracking says it will be here Monday. I'll believe that when I see it, but it is still impressive to see such fast shipping.

I bought one Thursday (Train World in Brooklyn, NY), Friday (Factory Direct Trains Ormond Beach, FL) and Saturday (eBay seller trainsrus2014, Putnam Valley, NY) and the tracking information for each of them is saying they will all arrive on Monday. I am never in a hurry to get my orders, a week is fine for me, that is why I always pick she cheapest shipping method. One of the perks of living in the northeast corridor is the only hold up is when the vendor is slow to get my purchase to the carrier.

Have a great Sunday everybody!

Yes in deed, thank you Terry. I feel asleep on the couch. It is a 1966 Bronco, I thought you would like the color.

Now I have to get off my butt and go clear the storm drains!

Hiya gang!

20 degrees and sn*wing last night, got 8 inches on the front porch

1506580_10203921840585613_2784017786571011131_n.jpg

Now temps in the 40's, paved surfaces are mostly dry, except for where that water from melting is there.

I cant wait for spring!! Watching the race from Daytona, gives me hope for better weather.

Watching the race from Daytona, gives me hope for better weather.

Indeed! Any race on a good day is awesome. Especially when Jr. finishes in the top 5 and got to lead some laps!!
Logano just simply had too much car for the rest.
No doubt "Montanan" will have plenty to check in with later on tonight or tomorrow.

Evening All,

Had BBQ ribs for supper..yummy! Today was kind of a lazy day. I replaced the curtain rod in the grand kids bedroom and plastered the holes in the wall from where the boys somehow managed to pull down the previous rod when they were staying here. I also weathered my 0-8-0 but I finished as it was getting dark so I need to look at it tomorrow. My train room does not have the greatest lighting. I also planted trees on the layout in the triangular area by the new turnout.

Tomorrow is the shelf building and garage cleaning. I don't mind the wood working but I am not looking forward to cleaning the garage, but it needs it.

Phil- Thanks for the suggestion.

Garry- That is another great photo of great modeling.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Sitting in the break room right now. We've got the reactor head on and things are closing fast. They are doing the hydro on the head and will be putting the drywell head on and flying the cookies in place in about a day. Then some more boxes to ship out and it will be on to the next one. I haven't been home for three weeks and I'm getting a little anxious!!

Back