Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLVIII

Bill Tidler Jr.

Retired NS Signal Construction Gang Signalman
Time for an update! Don't forget to tip the waitresses!

COFFEE_REFILL.png

Good Morning!

Snow today with a high of 34.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

5d6398a3-5ea8-49e9-a8e5-cd09f54d84ae_zpsc51d3c89.png

IN MEMORIAM - JEFFREY WIMBERLY

Hey, where's everybody, or am I too early? ;):D

Good Morning ! It's the weekend! Currently it's 0° with a clear sky. According to the local Rutgers University weather station it went as low as -7° at 0520 this morning. That's cold. Later it's supposed to warm to 33°, with "Mixed" precipitation. :mad:

Good morning. It's snowing and 22.
I wonder if we'll ever get any of those Centuries in HO scale. I think N&W was the only railroad to have them.

Good morning all.
Thanks for the coffee Mr. Bill.
Terry please put a name to that engine. What is it ? Any one else notice the number of the other engine ? [1513]
TOOT- Glad you're o.k. . There were reports early on that there were TWO storms coming together .
Warm thoughts for y'all
Phil

Morning All,

Worked into the evening on the layout. I finished ballasting and putting down a small area of ground cover for the passing siding after finishing leveling and testing. On the other end of the siding I discovered that the pre-existing turnout outer straight rail had bowed in for some reason obviously causing derails. This just happened in the last couple of days. To fix it I used thick ACC and held the rail with pliers until the glue dried. The turnout works like a champ again.

I picked up my 0-8-0 from Jon yesterday. He put in the Keep Alive TCS WOW sound decoder. It sounds awesome and I especially like I can change settings without a programing track since I have never been successful getting JMRI to run correctly on my computer. Unfortunately Phil was not able to make it.

Later MOH has a spa appointment with my daughter and I am going to the club after that. Tomorrow I think if nothing else comes up I will weather the 0-8-0. Monday I am building shelves for the garage and the long over due garage cleaning.

Toot- I am glad you made it through the storm OK. Hopefully there will be no flooding.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Good morning all.

Terry please put a name to that engine. What is it ? Any one else notice the number of the other engine ? [1513]

Phil
1013 is a C425. 1513 is an SD35. I think 1013 is still around, somewhere.

Good morning everybody!

it's 20 and snowing in southeast Baltimore!

I am late today, I slept 8 hours! I did not wake up until 3:30am and I knew the upgrade to the forum was scheduled so instead I worked on my layout until my legs said sit down. Then searched through eBay and guess what I found?

A brand new Lionel Penn Central GG1 and the price was 10 cents less then I paid for my Lionel Amtrak GG1 from MB Klein including shipping! Only because at MB Klein I have to pay sales tax.

Have a great day everybody!
6-38235_8398.jpg

Good morning again,

I forget who recommended to use my smart phone to streamline posting photos but it works like a champ. Thank you. This is the turn out I just installed.

20150221_104110_zpso5ydbwto.jpg

Good morning again,

I forget who recommended to use my smart phone to streamline posting photos but it works like a champ. Thank you. This is the turn out I just installed.

Holy Crap Curt!!! That looks awesome and shames me to even think I'm hanging with you big dogs.
I am humbled.

Great work Curt!

Don't feel bad BigE, the big dogs on this forum have no problems with us puppies running with them.

Great work Curt!

Don't feel bad BigE, the big dogs on this forum have no problems with us puppies running with them.

Unless, you like me, step on my ears from time to time....;):D

Back