Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLVIII

The other end of the lineup....

NW8046_zps4b612ce7.jpg

Milw113- Great photos. If I had not decided to model the Pennsy it would of been the N&W.

BigE- Believe me, I have learned through trial and error and still do, I'm just 4 years ahead of you when it comes to getting back into MRR'ing. Some sections of the layout I have had to redo several times to finally get it right. My biggest mistake that I still have to live with is I started out with 4 self built tables that have slight height differences at their meeting points. Of course a turnout always seems to placed in these areas. What a pain.

The other end of the lineup....

NW8046_zps4b612ce7.jpg
For those that want to know, 8046, and other C30-7s, look almost identical to later model U33C and U36C locomotives. Most differences are internal, but all dash 7 models have a bulge in the long hood, visible on 8046 between the W and the radiator wing.

8046 is a 16 cylinder C30-7, and it can be differentiated from the 12 cylinder C30-7A variant by having 8 tall doors on the long hood instead of 6. The number of tall doors correspond to the number of cylinders, one access door per cylinder.

For those that want to know, 8046, and other C30-7s, look almost identical to later model U33C and U36C locomotives. Most differences are internal, but all dash 7 models have a bulge in the long hood, visible on 8046 between the W and the radiator wing.

I'm one of those who like to know, thank you!

Milw113- Great photos. If I had not decided to model the Pennsy it would of been the N&W.
Don't feel bad, we can't all pick winners like Milwaukee Road, N&W and others, Pennsy had their moments too...! ;):D
Love the Pennsy steam era, the E6's, the G5's, M1's....
Really hope that they'll be successful, with the recreation of the T1 4-4-4-4!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a big B&O fan, Chessie/B&O is special to me as well, but the best locomotive ever has to be the GG1, at least in my mind!

Let's not forget the PRR was "the standard of the world" and what I admire most is they were bold enough to say it themselves!

I was looking on Ebay earlier this week for a small switcher.
I like Atlas and Kato engines.
I saw an Atlas S1 for $49.99.
It looked good and matched my S2 it UP colors.
It showed up yesterday.

NIB. I did not notice that when I ordered it.
It ever had hook horn couplers.
I took it apart to lube it and check it out sense it was an older engine.

I threw a decoder it it without the shell to check it out.
Outstanding.
It has to be the quietest model I have next to my Atlas RS3.
Does anyone know when this model was produced?

You all have a great day.

"Wintery Mix" ... Yuck... That is what the weather guessers call the stuff we have now. (Snow, sleet, freezing rain, cold rain, ice, flooding.) Add that to all of the snow on the ground, and it is deep slush everywhere. A cold front will pass through tonight when we will have a "rapid freeze" leaving a very thick layer of ice covering everything.

At least, it is not as frigid. A couple of days ago, the dairy farmer milked his cows and got ice cream instead of milk, ..LOL

I was looking on Ebay earlier this week for a small switcher.
I like Atlas and Kato engines.
I saw an Atlas S1 for $49.99.
It looked good and matched my S2 it UP colors.
It showed up yesterday.

NIB. I did not notice that when I ordered it.
It ever had hook horn couplers.
I took it apart to lube it and check it out sense it was an older engine.

I threw a decoder it it without the shell to check it out.
Outstanding.
It has to be the quietest model I have next to my Atlas RS3.
Does anyone know when this model was produced?

You all have a great day.

Dale
Does it say Yugoslavia or China on the bottom??

"Wintery Mix" ... Yuck... That is what the weather guessers call the stuff we have now. (Snow, sleet, freezing rain, cold rain, ice, flooding.) Add that to all of the snow on the ground, and it is deep slush everywhere. A cold front will pass through tonight when we will have a "rapid freeze" leaving a very thick layer of ice covering everything.

At least, it is not as frigid. A couple of days ago, the dairy farmer milked his cows and got ice cream instead of milk, ..LOL

Not sayin it is cold here, but yesterday I saw a "gangsta" with his pants pulled up!! :rolleyes:

"weather guessers" Garry I love that!

We have 7" of snow in southeast Baltimore and it is still coming down at a pretty good clip.

They are saying it will turn to rain, but I am having my doubts, its 20 now, just before sundown and the low for tomorrow is 15. I am no meteorologist but that just don't seem to add up to rain to me.

Here in the UK, they use cards, chicken legs, tea leaves, dices, cow sh*t and 70 year old aunt Ruth's legs, to predict the weather....

Back