Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLV

Fun in physical therapy. We had a visitor. He came in in his wheelchair and very very carefully set his coffee mug on the floor. I remarked how it looked like a UFO had touched down. Two minutes later I was still looking at it then put on my glasses and looked at it again. Then I said there was something coming from the bottom of it and was spreading out. I looked cloer then exclaimed "Oh my God! It,s the alein invasion force come to take us over! And they're waving something! Good God! Look out! They have probes!". I landed everyone in the room including the therapists! All had a good laugh.

Garry- Thank you. That bus doesn't look like it would carry many people but a lot of luggage.

Jeff- It sounds like you are doing well in rehab.

Last time I rode a train I was dressed very nicely. Khaki uniform with tie and garrison cap. June of 1956. oh yes, bloused boots.
Phil
:eek:

Poooower!!! :cool:

5477.1244841155_zpsvjh4pdym.jpg

Good evening. The doctors said my wife is doing very well, and keep up the good work.
My wife got her handicapped scooter drivers license out of a box of Cracker Jacks. I have the bruised feet, and WalMart has the damaged displays to prove it. I lost her briefly, and followwd the sound of crunching merchandise and general cussing to find her. It's a good thing we don't generally patronize that particular store...

Evening gang!

Terry and Jeffrey, sounds like progress is being made!
Terry, scooters aren't forever, I think she will get out of it soon! She's gonna dance with Jeffrey someday soon, right??

In a strange twist of fate, I was just diagnosed with a pinched rotator cuff in my left shoulder. I'll be getting an MRI next week, then an Orthopedic surgeon , then 6-8 weeks in a sling before PT on my shoulder. Doc kept asking me how it did it, I honestly don't know!! BUT it does get me out of Golf with my FIL!:rolleyes:

Did somebody say Pumpkin?? We gots orange!! :rolleyes:

IMG_0112.jpgIMG_0111.jpgIMG_0118.jpgcamera 5-2010 004.jpg

Jeff - glad you found a way to connect, even if briefly! This place is dead without your posts.

Terry - glad to hear your wife is improving, I'm sure she'll get the hang of that scooter pretty soon.

Karl - bummer about the rotator cuff. But at least you'll still be mobile. I have a pinched L5 disc in my lower back that my orthopod told me would resolve on its own; well, it hasn't. So now I'll have to get a cortisone injection. These "burning" pains in my leg make it awfully unpleasant to stand up, drive a car, and do other things that require me to be in a sitting position.

I love the looks of the box electrics. I sure wish someone would make them in something other than brass.
Well Curt, I'm sure mTh will do one of those eventually, they specialize in unusual locos; after all, they did the Erie Triplex:p:D

Y'all wanted pumpkins? I got your punkins right here:

IronBelt_236_closeup.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning fellas!
Not much sleep last night, but then again, crashed out yesterday on the couch....lol

Hope that you're all enjoying a pleasant weekend....

2990.1096701960_zpsgrmbszah.jpg

Good morning Bill and everyone. Looks like winter is coming/is here. I'm not ready. Stepped out onto the front porch and scooted right back inside. Its 51* with a high of only 60 today, tonite,down to 40 .
Wish y'all warmth and health.

Phil

Good Morning! Today is Sat 11/1/14.

Cold and windy with a high of 41. I'll be heading to Hoosier Park tonight to see Boz Scaggs.

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good Morning Everyone!

50 with rain on it's way this morning in south east Baltimore.

The Wizards are 1-1 after opening up with 2 games on the road. Tonight is the home opener!

Have a great day everybody.

After hunting in hall closet, found my WOOL, O.D. shirt. Darn, it still fits. Went back outside and was kept warm. Then I realized, it's older than a lot of you. Got it in 1954 at Ft.Jackson. It's 60 years old!!!
Prayers and Blessings to all.
Phil

This picture reminds me of the electrics in N.Y. in early 1900's. Was it called the M1000 ??? I had an H.O. model but sold it in early 92.
Phil
Page 3 Milwauke 113 big electric

good morning, anybody got any firewood??? Its a breezy
64* damn only getting up to 70* that just aint right

Back