Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLV

Bill Tidler Jr.

Retired NS Signal Construction Gang Signalman
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

halloween.png

COFFEE_POURING-Copy.png

Good Morning!

Today is Fri 10/31/14.

Windy and cold with a high of 44. Trick or treat!

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

TRAIN_ROUNDANDROUND.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Happy Halloween Everyone!

Great Pumpkin Bill, the place looks festive

50 and cloudy in Baltimore

have a great day everybody!

Good morning!

Bill, somebody must have used a laser cutter to carve that pumpkin face - or a jeweler's saw, over many hours - to make something that perfect!

Terry, hope everything goes ok at your wife's follow-up hospital visit.

Jeff, hope you're doing ok and making progress on those artificial legs.

Joe - glad your Devils won!

I took a two-day mini-sabbatical from working on my layout, I just didn't have the energy or motivation to go out there and start scrubbing my ballasted track. The real issue probably is, I'm worried that I may have introduced new problems into my trackwork as a result of the ballasting - and those will not be as easy to correct as they would have been before the ballast was applied.

Have a great halloween!

DOGGONE IT BILL , I've asked you NOT to show my picture anymore. lol

Thanks to all for your movies and pictures. Really is a treat .

Flip

Good Morning! Happy Friday! Happy Halloween!

37° and overcast this morning.......with rain predicted for later in the day. Supposed to get a little chilly this weekend.

Ken: I always felt that ballasting creates new problems, and complicates problem solving, but it sure improves the appearance of a layout.

Terry: Hope your wife's follow-up goes well.

Jeffrey: Keep up the good effort.

Bill: Love the ghoulish face......

Have a great day.

Joe

I don't have any halloween pictures, but this limo that the Milwaukee Road used to take passengers to Yellowstone park is orange, does it count ?????

attachment.php

Montanan .... I like the photo of the MILW limo. As is the case with the old railroad publicity photos, passengers are dressed up nicely. Nothing like most travels we see today at airports.

Pumpkin?

How about a BNSF pumpkin?

bnsfpumpkin_zps06e8629a.jpg

Bill -- nice new joint. I'll have to get my coffee to go, though -- still up to my eyeballs in work projects. Can I have an apple fritter with that?

montanan -- now THAT would have been the way to visit Yellowstone when DairyStateMom and DairyStateKid-M and I went there 3 summers ago.

Jeff -- belated good wishes to you as you get practice on your new legs.

Terry -- Hope all goes well with your wife's medical update

Garry -- Thanks for the heads-up on Carey -- Keeping him and his family in my thoughts for a speedy recovery.

And Happy Halloween to all -- now, back to work for me. Hoping I'll be able to get my head above water by next weekend, just in time for TrainFest...

I can remember years back when we traveled by rail very well. We used to take either the North Coast Limited or the Hiawatha to Chicago to transfer to trains going to points east as in the 50's the roads in and out of Montana weren't what they are today. Most people were well dressed. Looking at what goes through the airports now can be a great source of entertainment.

Morning to all the ghosts and goblins out there,

Tonight we are meeting our daughters family for supper then they are Trick or Treating at the local safe event and we will go home and pass out candy...although in the last several years there has not been a lot of kids. Saturday and probably Sunday I will be at our daughters house trying to finish up their bathroom project.

Ken- All is not lost. I have had to remove ballasted track several times (sigh). I won't lie, it is messy. What I do is first pull out any rail nails (bigger area than planned removal), then I soak the area in a heavy spray of ISO and let that sit for several minutes, I get a small flathead screwdriver (jewelers) and scrape the ballast from in between the rails and the outside ties. Gently slide a thin device (I use a cookie spatula) under the track and lift. The track should come up easily. Note- the ties are softer after being soaked in ISO (I use Atlas Code 83 Flex Track) but can still be nailed back down. Hope this helps.

Terry- I hope your wife continues to do well and improve.

Jeff-
I hope you are doing well.

Here are a couple of pictures from my finished project.

IMG_1575_zps7506b21c.jpg

IMG_1574_zps95aee303.jpg

IMG_1573_zps72f791ad.jpg

Hope everybody has a good day.

montanan -- now THAT would have been the way to visit Yellowstone when DairyStateMom and DairyStateKid-M and I went there 3 summers ago.

You should have stopped by. We're just about 45 miles north of the park. We're less than a mile from the Gallatin Gateway Inn, where the limo would have started it's trip to the park.

The first picture looks like it was taken in the late 30's. The second picture was taken a couple of years ago inside the lobby. The Inn is now a National Historic site. It is for sale now I believe Maybe Milwaukee Road 113 would be interested. The Inn was completely renovated in the late 80's and up until last year was open with rooms available and they also had a great restaurant and also hosted different venues such as parties and weddings. I did close down last year unfortunately.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Curt ... Those are nice layout photos.

Continuing on the current theme.

The Great Northern "Bruck" was a combination bus and truck used to carry passengers and their baggage to Glacier Park from GN trains on the mainline in Montana. It has been restored to being a static display as shown in the photo.

How's that for a "pumpkin"?

Greatnortherbus_zpsaa74e0c8.jpg

You should have stopped by. We're just about 45 miles north of the park. We're less than a mile from the Gallatin Gateway Inn, where the limo would have started it's trip to the park.

The first picture looks like it was taken in the late 30's. The second picture was taken a couple of years ago inside the lobby. The Inn is now a National Historic site. It is for sale now I believe Maybe Milwaukee Road 113 would be interested. The Inn was completely renovated in the late 80's and up until last year was open with rooms available and they also had a great restaurant and also hosted different venues such as parties and weddings. I did close down last year unfortunately.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Definitely! If I've had the money.....(off daydreaming)..

Back