Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIX

I always liked the colors of the Southern. There's a lot of good information in the video that can be used in our layouts.

Hey Eric,what's up? I already have an SD 70 ACe,although mine is a Athearn Genesis model without sound. But as to getting one of the Walther's SD70 ACe's I say go for it. It's your railroad run what ever makes you happy. William.

Hey Eric,what's up? I already have an SD 70 ACe,although mine is a Athearn Genesis model without sound. But as to getting one of the Walther's SD70 ACe's I say go for it. It's your railroad run what ever makes you happy. William.

That's all good. This one claims to handle 18r curves - which is what I'm stuck with.
This one is also a Walther engine. How do they fair?
I don't know. That's why I'm asking. Then again, I could keep it around for trading or sale at a later time.
You about have talked into it...... not like I was already leaning that way. ;)

Eric.The only Walther's Mainline locomotive that I have is a SW-1,and that's a far cry from an SD-70 for sure. But for the quality, it's not bad. In fact, the mechanism is quite quiet. Truth be told,if I was modeling modern era,this locomotive would be one I'd go after. I could get a wild hair and maybe buy one and paint it in L&N paint. LOL:rolleyes:. William.

Come on now! Where did everyone go?
I'm waiting for you all to either talk me into it (the SD70ACe) or talk me out of it.
I'm leaning toward the CSX high headlight. Plus I fancy the blue-yellow scheme.
E.

Eric

Too new for me. My world ended on 1980.

There is one thing I am not real sure about. You say they claim the loco will go around 18 inch radius? I don't know about that. I mean,the engine might do fine by itself on 18 inch radius, but with a train behind it, I don't know. For what it's worth, I'd get a few more opinions before biting the bullet. Then if you still want it,go after it. William.

Well,..... I couldn't stand it.
Order placed. They won't ship until June they say.
That's ok. I got plenty to do in the mean time.

Build a mountain, do some landscaping, etc. I need a female's touch with that. I'm no artist. Plus I would love to have female company in my life again.

I probably shouldn't have spent that. But hey, why not? In a month or so I might wondering where the food is. Just kidding.
At least I have something more to barter or trade.

The ad copy for the Walthers engine recommends 22" radius.
You can probably install longer knuckle couplers so the engine doesn't drage the front of the first car off the rails on curves.

BigE- MOH stands for My Other Half so another version of SWMBO. Hopefully your loco will show up on time. I have the PRR L1 (2-8-2) on preorder from Broadway Limited. It is supposed to arrive in July. They make great PRR locos but their record of delivering on time is not good. Their H10 was more than a year late.

Hey that's great Eric. I hope you will enjoy it. Maybe the next time you and CJ get together, I could maybe come by and show you my Savannah And Atlantic NS Heritage Sd 70 ACe . Again Congratulations . I hope you enjoy your loco as much as I enjoy mine. William.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey that's great Eric. I hope you will enjoy it. Maybe the next time you and CJ get together, I could maybe come by and show you my Savannah And Atlantic NS Heritage Sd 70 ACe . Again Congratulations . I hope you enjoy your loco as much as I enjoy mine. William.

Sure. I don't mind if Carey don't mind. We don't have any current plans right now.

Good morning. It's overcast and 38°; only got to 51° yesterday with a stiff wind from the West. So much for spring, it will be chilly through next Monday.

I have to go over to the DMV this morning to renew my disabled parking permit.

40 degrees and clear this morning. Up into the mid 70's yesterday and we'll probably make it there again today. Some of the trees have started to sprout new leaves. Spring ??? Maybe ??

I don't see any pictures, so here's one. This is the old Milwaukee Road right of way through Sixteen Mile Canyon between Ringling and Lombard, MT.

smugmug 20060622_100_0874 SIXTEEN_ MT LOOKING EAST FROM EAGLES NEST TUNNEL TOWARDS TUNNEL NO 2 (.jpg

40 degrees and clear this morning. Up into the mid 70's yesterday and we'll probably make it there again today. Some of the trees have started to sprout new leaves. Spring ??? Maybe ??

I don't see any pictures, so here's one. This is the old Milwaukee Road right of way through Sixteen Mile Canyon between Ringling and Lombard, MT.

You posted that one last week I think.

Good morning folks.

It's cloudy and raining right now. My grass wants the rain and I want green grass, everybody's happy!

I broke down and bought a new detail brush to help with the kit painting. In the past I've masked off and either rattle can painted or used my airbrush. I've been using my mixed bag of old brushes this time and sadly, I haven't cleaned them like I should in a timely manner in the past. I should be able to finish the fine detail painting without the slop of a spreading brush.

Time to get ready for work.
Have a good day everyone.

Good Morning All,

Good morning. It's overcast and 38°; only got to 51° yesterday with a stiff wind from the West. So much for spring, it will be chilly through next Monday.

You are getting our weather again. I guess you have been about two days after us. We are going to see some warming over the weekend, and the rain we had monday-tuesday is really greening things up.

Back