Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIII

Good evening.
It turned into my second Monday this week. The last thing tonight was a train incident. I carefully placed a B&O EM1 on my layout, then with a muscle spasm, I ripped a handrail completely off the boiler. As I was re-attaching it with CA, the glue spilled on the smokebox. I wiped off the CA, and called it a day in the train room. I will hopefully complete my repair attempt tomorrow evening.

I didn't really want to run that train tonight anyway...

Terry .... That's what I do when things are going badly with the model trains. I put them aside and come back another time.

There are 3 model railroaders here at the lake. One of them, Dan, had a bad accident while bicycle riding this morning. He injured his head and broke his pelvis. It will be a long recovery. .... He is the guy who totaled his pride and joy Cadillac recently in a non-injury accident.

Got an email back from Kirstin at MTH re my recalcitrant SD70ACe, says they have heard of this fault(non-locking in of long address in DCC) and that the decoder can be fixed by reprogramming. Offered to issue a return authorisation.

BUNN_COFFEE.png

COFFEE_SIGN.png

Good Morning!

It's Wed 8/20/14

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

Chance of rain with a high of 88. I'll be doing some trimming in the yard today.

trainwreck.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good morning, Bill , you expecting a mob today? You should becuse your coffee is the best.
Temps today 95 to 97 and index 104 or higher. Curt will be out in the heat.
Wish everyone a pleasent day.
Flip

Morning All,

I am doing better today. I started getting sick Sunday night and ended up going to the MD yesterday. I thought I had the flu but it was actually a Sinus Infection (my first one), so I still don't feel great but I have improved since starting antibiotics for it. I expect to go to work tomorrow.

My Dad got his biopsy results yesterday and it is what I was afraid of. He has been diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. The good news it looks like he caught it early and the cancer has not spread. He goes in next week for a bone density scan and to figure out the treatment plan.

Terry- I have been right there with you many times.

Garry- Sorry to hear about your friend.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Well darn. Starting to be like another place. I am so tired of commiserating withso many . It isn't that I'm not feeling for them its that it is nonstop. Curt, you of all people know how I feel. Tell Dad he is on our prayer list and glad you are not in serious trouble. Deb has been fighting with whatever is in the air also and her sinuses are driving her nuts. [I'm to thick headed to have trouble with it.]
AS ever, Prayers for all. I'll be back later after doc appt. for reading of catscan. ttfn.
Flip

Good afternoon. Sunny and warm with some clouds here in central MD.

Garry - that's bad news about your friend and his hip fracture. Hope he doesn't have to stay bedridden too long.

Curt - hope your sinus problem clears up soon. Hopefully your dad will win his cancer battle.

Flip - hope the cat scan doesn't contain any ugly surprises.

I have two things currently causing me concern. First, the waether dart-throwers are predicting paek thunderstorm activity in my area for tomorrow evening - at the exact time I am suppose to be having my op session. I've been told that I must avoid anything electrical during a t-storm - that would include model train layouts. I've never heard of anybody cancelling an op session for this reason, but there's always a first time.

My second worry is the Barabunga (sp?) Volcano in Iceland. Scientists are saying it may erupt any time now, and if it does it will essentially ground all US-Europe airline flights for several weeks. My 18yr-old daughter is supposed to fly over to Austria this Saturday to spend a semester as an exchange student there.

Later...

Murphy has struck again. Scan shows small problem in section that was cut away. Already set up for another scoping in Sept.
Curt be careful tomorrow. Temp up to 97 and index over 104, no rain to cool the air.
Oh ! Good news is, even tho I've smoked for over 60 years, my lungs are good. Also my white cell count is now in the normal range. Used to be 14 to 20 k range. Thanks for your kind thoughts.
And the beat goes on.
TTFN
Flip

Evening All,

Had spaghetti for supper but I still don't have much of a appetite (maybe I can lose some weight:rolleyes:). I go back to work tomorrow so I will be back on Friday. On Friday I am going down to the Orlando Hobby store to pickup some Atlas Code 83 Flex Track for my double crossover project.

Phil-Sorry to hear that. I will call you on Friday.

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

Hope everybody has a good night.

Good evening. It's almost dark and 79.
I was able to finish re-attaching the handrail to EM1 7600 this evening. I placed it back on the track, fired it up, and rolled out a train. It got about halfway around the layout when the tender completely went off the rails, knocking down a switch stand in the process. A quick investigation showed the wires that go from under the cab into the tender had fouled the drawbar, and not allowing it to move at all. I parked the train again for the night, and I'll look again at it tomorrow evening. Eventually, I may get it to make a complete circuit of my layout. It worked fine the last time I ran it, a couple of months ago.

Today was rather uneventful. The Home Health nurse came by to change my dressings around noon. Looking forward to my trip to Oakdale tomorrow. Nothing major. Just need the doc to clean up the wound a bit.

It's 74 outside with 96% humidity. We got quite a bit of rain and there's still a 30% chance for more tonight.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1012654.jpg

Good evening. It's almost dark and 79.
I was able to finish re-attaching the handrail to EM1 7600 this evening. I placed it back on the track, fired it up, and rolled out a train. It got about halfway around the layout when the tender completely went off the rails, knocking down a switch stand in the process. A quick investigation showed the wires that go from under the cab into the tender had fouled the drawbar, and not allowing it to move at all. I parked the train again for the night, and I'll look again at it tomorrow evening. Eventually, I may get it to make a complete circuit of my layout. It worked fine the last time I ran it, a couple of months ago.

Whatever you're feeding your Mogwais after midnight isn't helping.

Coffee-pouring-Copy.png

DINER_SEATS.png

Good Morning!

It's Thu 8/21/14

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

Scattered showers with a high of 86. I'm doing some work in the yard and maybe a trip to the club later today.

trainwreck.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Whatever you're feeding your Mogwais after midnight isn't helping.

I thought it was the "GREMLINS" . lol
Flip

I dispatched another engine to finish the run. In the grand tradition of Murphy, the engine sent out to replace the ailing 2-8-8-4 was a lowly 2-8-0. The remainder of the run was interesting. The little 2-8-0 had to triple the "hill", which is a 1% grade. The trip, which normally takes about 15 minutes, took over an hour. In good news, the Consolidation didn't lay down on me.

Good morning all.
Bill- Thanks for the memory. That interior shot ,WOW! Remember the soda shop well. The coffee is great as usual.
Terry- Never underestimate the small mighty mites..
Well as my memory is ok., meaning Al has backed off, Art has bitten the heck out of my left knee. Asperins to the rescue.
Wish y'all a pleasent day.
Flip

Good morning all. Another nice day in Central Jersey. Perhaps some rain later this evening. I love this recent weather, as much as the Electric company hates it.

Jeffrey, good luck at the docs.

Joe

Back