Running Bear's Coffee Shop XLIII

I think I'll put this in one of the subforums but I'm not exactly sure which one.
In the Frankenengine department, the manual reset switch that you access with the magic wand for QSI sound decoders is a direct replacement for most BLI chuff sensors. I had a spare chuff sensor, and the one in my BLI J1 failed today. Of course, I couldn't find the sensor anywhere, but I have a small pile of old QSI sound decoders that are not worth installing in a locomotive. I looked at the board, and saw the similarity. A couple of soldered connections later, and I have a locomotive that chuffs like it should.

Good evening. this afternoon became quite nice, although it wasn't promising this morning. Terry, that's a lot more than I expected when you received it. Great job.

I spent the day painting the walls of a hallway, maybe 38" wide and 10' deep. This relatively small space has three 30" doorways leading to bedrooms, a 24" doorway leading to the bath room, and the 36" stairway. In addition there is a access hatch to the attic. This required a lot of masking, There was also a cold air return grate, a light switch, and smoke and CO1 detectors, plus a ceiling light to work around. I had to use a brush 3" roller and 9" roller and a lot of up and down on the ladder. I also started on the reachable portion of the stairwell, making some progress until I ran out of energy.

I plan on finishing the walls tomorrow, and possibly start on the woodwork. I was going to start assembling a kit, each day, until I ran out of metal wheels and # 148 couplers. I might still start one today, if I suddenly feel some energy.

Have a good evening.

Joe

Evening All,

Had pasta for supper. Today I weathered the box car and did switching on the layout for about 90minutes. After that my daughter came over so nothing else got completed. Tomorrow schools open in our county and unfortunately our housing area is across from a HS so it will be a nightmare getting out 2 times a day.

Garry- It would be easier to weather in the 1:1 size:)

Terry- What are you doing to the locomotive?

MOH embroidered a PRR Keystone as a prototype for a set of curtains I have in the train room. They go to a closet I had to remove the door. There will be one on each side.

IMG_1474_zps2a033feb.png

IMG_1475_zps76ea83e6.png

I hope everyone has a good night.

Curt, when I got that engine it was in pieces, with all electronics burned out of it. I still have an optical sensor to install, so it will run properly and make the chuffing noises, along with puffing smoke. After I get everything working properly, I will have to paint the bad areas on it, and find replacement pieces for the broken/missing parts.

Curt, when I got that engine it was in pieces, with all electronics burned out of it. I still have an optical sensor to install, so it will run properly and make the chuffing noises, along with puffing smoke. After I get everything working properly, I will have to paint the bad areas on it, and find replacement pieces for the broken/missing parts.

Maybe put a Bachmann shell on it??

Terry - to my untrained eye, that loco looks like a masterpiece!

Well, so much for my '10 hours of mrr time' I had expected to enjoy today!:mad: I was eating breakfast as I composed my earlier post shortly after 9:00am, and had been awake since ~6:30. So at the end of the meal I felt a bit drowsy and figured I'd grab a 30-minute nap; I didn't wake up until 1:30pm! I did manage to finish painting all of the mavericks at least, but I still have a lot of work left on preparing for Thursday's op session.

Catch ya tomorrow gang,,,,maybe,,,going to a train auction after work, looks like it may be a long night.

ebay 81714 052.jpg

Love them cast resin trucks!

Maybe put a Bachmann shell on it??

If you get a Blechmann GS4 that looks good but doesn't run, shoot me a PM. I need all the ladders and handrails on the cab, and I think one of those would be good for piecing things back together.

No star gazing tonight. Cloudy and rain. Mars will have to wait. Tuesday or Wednesday might be good. It'll be visible at the following locations those nights.

Tuesday: RA: 15 h 16 m 11 s DEC:-19°, 53', 7".

Wednesday: RA: 15 h 18 m 25 s DEC:-20°, 1' 43".

Time to call it a night here. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN6582.jpg

DSCN6453.jpg

P1012731.jpg

COFFEE_CREME1.png

Good Morning!

It's Mon 8/18/14

BLUECOFFEEMAN.png

Chance of showers with a high of 82. I'll be going to the club this morning and yard work later at home.

trainwreck.png

Tipton.gif

Temperature in TIPTON IN

Good Morning. 67°, and sunny this morning. As soon as I finish this, I off to finish painting the stairwell. Then the trim and baseboards.......the part I dislike the most.

Have a good day.

Joe

Good late morning/ after noon, Earlier the sky above and just slightly to the East was filled with the very high wispy Cirrustratus, or ice crystal clouds. Per WW it's 93 °F - Feels Like 90 °F, with a high of 96 °F. Looking at the rest of the week forecast it appears to be starting to cool down, I welcome that. The Humidity is 25% and the night time temp should be cooling down to 63 °F so it seems like things are getting better and cooling off. Hoo Rah!

> > R R:
The last thing I did toward working on the layout was to cut two smaller arc's but fee like I should cut a longer arc section so that's what I'm planning of doing today possibly?

Say Toot: What's this I hear you put a jinx on poor Terry? OMG, I'd better stay quiet or I'll be next!

Talk with you all later.

Howdy y'all. Just a bit info. On satellite, 345,RFD, First train To Toltec. Starts at 6 p.m.
Enjoy!
Flip

Looks like no star gazing again tonight! We have a big nasty storm moving through and it thinks it's here to stay. Tomorrow night doesn't look much better. However should I get the chance the best time for a sighting would be RA:15h 16m 11s DEC:-19°, 53' 7". I'm gonna be a bit tied up with appointments for the coming seven days. On 8/21 I have to go see my foot doc in Oakdale on a 2pm appointment. On 8/26 I have an appointment with my primary doc in the morning. On 8/27 I'll be at the local hospital getting my gall bladder removed.

Time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1012720.jpg

P1012685.jpg

P1012669.jpg

Back