Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, CHET, I cannot get over how much better it looks!
MAACO did a superb job!

View attachment 63227

View attachment 63228

I really should have made "before" photos. It looked like someone threw acid on it!

I have seen so many Dodge trucks look like crap because of the clear coat either chipping off or completely gone. That's why I wanted to get my wifes car taken care of. It's only a 2006 Ford Taurus, but has a new engine in to because of a lube chain not tightening down the drain plug. Just used for going to work and shopping.

They did a really nice job on the paint. Good for another 20 years.

Good Afternoon All,

It's nice and hot today (for Sherrel). Did some chores this morning then spent 90 minutes painting the inside walls Tamiya Buff color. It was a pain to paint all the 12x12 bracing on the walls. Tomorrow I hope to paint the exterior walls. I still haven't decided to paint it with the Tamiya paint or with craft paint. I did not put A&I on the walls because I want it to look fairly new and the light Pennsy wall color already looks a little dingy to my eye.

I don't like Basketball, and I quit watching MLB back when the players walked out for wages (80's or 90's). I also quit watching the NFL last year. About the only sport I currently watch is college football and of course the NHRA:D. The only thing I am going to say about the NFL is yes it is their right to protest, but I also get a right to protest their behavior. That seems to be a concept lost on some of the NFL player supporters. Like I tell my grandsons "You can do whatever you want to, but there are consequences for your actions".

Chet- Thank you. Interesting picture.

Johnny- It looked like fun. Our local show (quarterly) always seems to have the same stuff so I haven't gone to the last 3. You're layout looks good.

I had to look up the PECO 10e to see what it was. I have never used one. In the past I had tortoise machines hooked to a DPDT switch on the fascia. Now I just do it manually because I can get to every T/O easily. You should be able to hook a DPDT toggle to yours to operate remotely.

Willie- Thank you.

Sherrel- You will still hear me complaining about our temps for another couple of months before we get our 5-6 weeks of decent temperatures for the year.

Justin- Good to see you posting regularly again.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Back from the cabin and catching up on the Forum. Message on the answering machine that a guy I haven't him seen in 50 years and he wants to see if we can meet for a beer and along with a couple of our high school friends. Sounds like a good time.

Chet: Looks like your RS is running good. Did Atlas provide any answer for the problem you encountered? Great Video from the club. In the 90's to 95 last five days.

Johnny: Looks like a good train/swap show. Makes me look forward to our TrainFest in November. Last time there I didn't spend a nickle, things have to change.

Hope it rains tomorrow so I can forgot about watering and instead play with trains.

That's all for now.

Greg

Good afternoon Spike Drivers & Ballast Tampers,

It's 72° F, Feels like 72° F;
Going to 83° with a low of 58°;

Sunny, Wind SSW 7.4 with Gusts 9.8 mph;
Today is forecast to be Much Warmer than yesterday.

Good afternoon Ladies, Francine, how about some coffee and a Apple Fritter. Thanks

Got a slow start today, still fighting this damn cold or whatever it is?

The kneeling for the National Anthem is really hitting a nerve with some people. The news is eating it up. Honestly....being a veteran I'm proud I served to protect the people of the United States and their rights. If football players or any sport wants to protest it's all under the 1st Amendment. I fought to defend that right. However I don't agree with it I have to look the other way because it is their right. Yuck! I hate politics!!! Ok I'm gonna step off my soapbox now.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Say Justin: I also think that we are way too liberal in allowing all that Bull Shit to take place. So I totally agree and don't think your on the SB, it's just a discusting situation!

I have seen so many Dodge trucks look like crap because of the clear coat either chipping off or completely gone. That's why I wanted to get my wifes car taken care of. It's only a 2006 Ford Taurus, but has a new engine in to because of a lube chain not tightening down the drain plug. Just used for going to work and shopping.

They did a really nice job on the paint. Good for another 20 years.

Chet: Or untill the next lube chain forgets to tighten the oil drain plug!

Sherrel: I haven't heard a phrase like, Jumping Jehosphate in a long time!

The Red Warning page hasn't appeared for me again thank goodness.

Last edited by a moderator:
David - I usually change the oil on all of our vehicles, but the wife hadn't paid attention to the mileage and went to a chain joint to get it done quickly as we were in the middle of multiple renovation projects at home. Don't think she'll do that again for a while.

Greg - I think Atlas was giving me a line of bulls**t because they claimed that it was not programmed correctly. The first time it was sent back was because the front truck was not picking up. They fixed a bad connection and then it wouldn't run. A couple of guys at the club are really into DCC and they tried a factory reset and other things to get it to operate. Atlas claimed that all they did was to do the factory reset. ???????? It does run quite well.

Chet, They may have done what's called a Recovery, takes a little longer than the usual address reset, back to default 3, when a decoder becomes unresponsive.

Chet, They may have done what's called a Recovery, takes a little longer than the usual address reset, back to default 3, when a decoder becomes unresponsive.
Thanks Toot. Whatever. You are speaking Martian. I am a DCC dummy and plan to stay that way. Keep it simple. [emoji28]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Chet, They may have done what's called a..........., takes a little longer than the usual........... ........., back to ......... .., when a ............ becomes unresponsive.

No problem :p. Martian doesn't seem to be available on Bing, but I'm sure that Klingon will be.

Sherrel,​ I'm GMT + 10, so makes me about 15 hours or so ahead. Guess that makes me a prophet, I know what you've written before you've thought of it.

Temperature forecast for Thursday 4:00 PM

DSC05102.JPG

Good evening, y'all. 66° with clouds and fog. Just returned from a Six day road trip to the Thousand islands region of New York, visiting Watertown, Clayton and Alexandria Bay. Fantastic weather, being with my son and grand children, including a big 2nd Birthday for the little guy. I went as far north as I could on I-81, turning off before the Border Toll bridge at Alexandria Bay. Now have been over every bit of I 81, except the stretch between the E-W PA TPK, and the Northeast Extension of the PA turnpike. That's a whole lot of mountain driving, for a flatlander like me.

I knew I was way up there when I observed the Episcopal Church of St Lawrence, across the street from the pavilion where we were having an outdoor birthday party. On the sign, the Pastor, was identified as the Vicar, instead of Rector. That was reinforced some minutes later when a Canadian Coast Guard Vessel, sailed Eastward on the St Lawrence River. The previous day, we went to Clayton, NY, where we participated in the Jazz Festival.

Best part of the whole thing was that for six days, there was minimal TV, so I missed most of the stupidity that has gone on for the last week or so. FWIW, I was wearing a Washington Redskin's shirt, and I met a couple, natives of the Thousand Islands region, who were totally unaware that the Native American portrayed on the shirt was connected to professional football, and not Native Americans. BTW, these folks , friends of the DIL, are the Director of the local YMCA, and his wife, a Realtor. Nice to meet two positive, upbeat people.

It will take me several days to get back up to speed here.

BTW, is this forum still causing security issues on Firefox? I logged on with Edge today.

Good late evening all,

BTW, is this forum still causing security issues on Firefox? I logged on with Edge today.

Say Boris: Glad you enjoyed your trip and your grandsons' 2nd Birthday!!

About Fire Fox, I'm using it on my XP system without any difficulity. The Red page only appeared once a couple of days ago but not since, thank goodness.

Good morning. It's 66 and mostly clear.
BOB reports the Google issue has been fixed, and asked if anybody has trouble logging in to let him know. There is a pair of threads about this in other areas of the forum.

Good morning everyone. 68 and partly cloudy here in SW MO - will hit 85 today with 20% chance of rain - we need it. A cup of coffee and a chocolate doughnut for me, please, Flo.

Greg and others - Thanks for the comments on the local train show. I'm still new enough at this hobby (about a year in) that there are lots of things I need for the layout that I can find at a show like that. But even when I get more advanced in model rr-ing I think I'd still go to the shows just for the fun of it.

Spent yesterday evening working on the yard - we're re-seeding large areas of the yard, and that takes some time (plus it's killing my knee which is still recovering). So nothing new from the train room other than some painting on a kit structure late last night.

Have a good day everyone.

Good Morning All. 72° and overcast. Sprinkled a very little bit around 0430 this morning. The forecasters missed that, they've been saying Wednesday for about a week now! Fall has arrived with cooler weather - lower 80's - forecast for the next ten days. That's fall to us. Today will be the last day to use the pool for swimming, lasted about a week longer than average.
Out in the train shed, I completed the small sratchbuilt garage, my first ever scratchbuild, except for some minor touch up of the paint. First picture is some of the scrap pieces that I gathered for the project, second picture is the assembled garage. The third is where I am now. It needs some touching up of the paint and maybe an outside light fixture...I might also look at trimming the trim just a bit. It didn't look as bad before painting.
09-26-17 001.JPG09-26-17 005.JPG
09-26-17 008.JPG
Back to scenery today.

Bruce - So sorry to read that you're still not over the shingles yet. My doctor said that it lasted only 3-4 weeks except in rare situations.
Terry -
If there is a person on your ignore list, those person's posts aren't included in the biewable pages.
I am not aware of anyone on my "ignore list". Cannot even find one other than the thing named "Edit Ignore List" which is blank for me.
Wow! Sorry to hear about the new hassle with the new truck. Continues to make me glad that I haven't had to replace my eight year old Honda Civic, without as much electronic BS.
Hurray for Bob and his valiant efforts to resolve the Google issue. Thanks.
Justin, Curt, Sherrel, Chet, Ken and others - While I didn't watch the game, I read that the Cowboys and Cardinals had some kind of solidarity ceremony before last night's game, but all of them stood for the national anthem. Kudos to both teams. Of course last year, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones publicly declared that he would fire anyone on the team that didn't stand for it.

Everybody have a great day.

Willie

The blisters are gone, the SCABBING is over but DEEP pain in my chest lingers...and lingers. Exact area as my heart so it's very scary, I think I'm having a heart attack but no numbness or tingling in the left arm just a needle in my heart. 24/7, I'm back to "the choice" live in a blaze of pain or live in a fog of pills, the blaze of PAIN I have chosen because the pills are poison.

Greetings and salutations. Starting off at 45 degrees with a light drizzle and should make it up to near 60 degrees.

Toot - Guess you could be in for some warm weather. We had our share over here.

Joe - Sounds like a heck of a road trip. It can be so nice to get away from all of the technology that now surrounds us on a daily basis. Glad you enjoyed it.

Nice to see that Bob got the "Red Page" issue fixed. I just bypassed it but it is nice to have the forum back to normal.

Johnny - I am happy to see you enjoying the hobby. Nice photo of the layout you posted yesterday.

Willie - Like the garage. Reminds me that I have one or two yet to build. I never throw away any scraps of wood or styrene because you never know when it might come in handy.

Got a suprise in the mail box yesterday. The air brush I ordered last Thursday arrived. Guess I can start doing some work on the F-3 this weekend is nothing pops up.

Here's the rails picture for the day.

3c922c7994208a7fa787560f3e7f6df9.jpg

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back