Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning Everybody!

Willie I failed to pace myself and made myself "sick as a dog" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHg_6jMmN7s

I've done good at not working too much, but I did too much getting ready for our 4th of July crab feast/cookout.

For the last 3 days I have been on the disabled list. Rest and "healthy food" have got me back in the saddle again. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX8GG3dnsp8

Healthy food for me is hot dogs with mustard and onions, hamburgers with dill pickle chips, ketchup and mustard. Large portions of vegetables, especially cabbage along with UTZ red hot potato chips. Add to that generous amounts of coffee and diet 7up. Don't laugh, it works for me. My doctors can't explain why but they agree. After they put me on a healthy diet years ago and I had the worst attack of pancreatitis since I was hospitalized. They asked me "what did you do?" I replied "I followed that healthy diet you put me on!" The came back to me and told me "eat what ever you want" :) I've been getting better ever since!

I do not recommend this diet to anyone, I'm lucky to have low cholesterol and my blood pressure is under control.

I am going to try and catch up on all that I have missed, but I was behind before the new coffee shop opened!

Last edited by a moderator:
Boris I remembered where I read about the Army navy game, "the history of the GG1" It must have been some kind of sight to see, not to mention great football games! Thanks for sharing your perspective.

Willie
I'm with you, some of those albums in the Rolling Stone top 100 metal albums I have never heard. I know and like a few of the newer bands from going to OzzFest 3 or 4 times.

Black Sabbath has been my favorite band since I can't remember when. It's good to see them get some recognition, finally.

I might be getting old but it's still Hard Rock or No Rock for me, unless it's Christmas music :) I love Christmas music!

I think that catches me up from the former coffee shop

Morning Louis - I was wondering where you had gotten off to. I pretty well eat what I want also. Each persons body id different. Some folks have allergies to certain foods and some don't. Everyones metabolism is a bit different. One thing I really enjoy is grilling. Besides the hot dogs and hamburgers, we have done roasts on the frill, London Broil and on and on. Wilter doesn't slow us down much when it come to grilling. I just don't enjoy digging a path to the grill in the winter.

Sherrel - Looks like the produce section of a grocery store.

Sherrel how is your dog? I can't speak for Terry, but it's good to see you being your same old smart ass self :)

Terry I am sorry to hear about your computer. I just bought my grandson another laptop and I picked up a windows 10 HP with 4GB of Ram for under $300. I'm confident you will find a good deal. Yes that is his third laptop and the first 2 had to be repaired once each. If I remember correctly he dropped the second one the same day he got it. You are not alone.

Curt I'm glad you are taking good care of yourself and setting a good example for the rest of us. I need to have that done as well.

King Toot, thanks for all the videos!

David (LASM) I hope its a simple fix to your oil pressure problem.

Willie those are some great looking tomatoes! I could help you get rid of a dozen or two!

As for gas prices, if you factor in inflation and the median income, we are paying the lowest prices ever! For the record here in Baltimore we are paying $2.10.

Speaking of gas, the fuel mileage on my van keeps getting better, it's up to 27 now! The rating is 24 city, 25 highway. Not trusting the computer I verify it the old school way. I even fill up at the same pump when possible.

That is it for me now. Since I am out of the bed I will stay out of the heat and work on getting my Lionel 4th of July trains up and running, after I take another nap. :)

Have a great day everybody!

Morning Louis - I was wondering where you had gotten off to. I pretty well eat what I want also. Each persons body id different. Some folks have allergies to certain foods and some don't. Everyones metabolism is a bit different. One thing I really enjoy is grilling. Besides the hot dogs and hamburgers, we have done roasts on the frill, London Broil and on and on. Wilter doesn't slow us down much when it come to grilling. I just don't enjoy digging a path to the grill in the winter.

Chet the more I get to know you the more I like you! I'm with you everything is better on the grill!!! I do roast beef and pork too. I even slow roast whole chicken or chicken breast on the grill, that I LIKE! Pretty amazing considering to me chicken should be categorized as a glorified vegetable. To be honest I prefer the chicken salad I make with the left overs. The smoke flavor makes it really good.

Its only when I don't feel well that I stick to hamburgers and hot dogs. MacDonald's hamburgers work for me as well. You are so right, we are all different. Thank God!

I grill year round as well, I love slow roasting on the weber charcoal grill. I love the smell of charcoal on a cold winters days. I'm lucky in that we have far less snow than you do.

I even bought a gas grill this year and its much better than I expected, but charcoal is still king in my book. Gas is so easy, turn on the gas and burners and you are grilling.

Louis - I have both a Weber charcoal grill and a gas grill and enjoy them both. We also do a lot of chicken, pork ribs and other pork such as chops and roasts. For some reason, things just taste better when they come off of the grill.

Howdy. We returned home late last night. It was a very busy trip. It appears like you all have been very busy too. I will catch up on your posts later.

I was was able to stop in Lexington Wednesday to visit with my model train friend, Dan, who is in the hospital. He was still in ICU after surgery a week ago. He was hoping to be moved to a regular room soon. Last evening his wife told me he had a set back and would remain in ICU. I am sad about that .

After Lexington I went to Cincinnati to meet up with my wife who had been in Michigan. Yesterday we went to Louisville where we were for about two hours. Then we drove home.

Have a good day.

I might be getting old but it's still Hard Rock or No Rock for me, unless it's Christmas music :) I love Christmas music!
Our music tastes seem to coincide. Mind, I hate the modern Christmas music, and have been known to go on killing sprees when forced to listen to "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree." My favorite carol is O Holy Night; my favorite version is by Charlotte Church, but I'm looking for a version by Kiri Te Kenawa.

Hard Rock - There was a time when I went out of my way to hit every Hard Rock Cafe within driving distance. On a trip to California, I knocked off five in one day.

Also hard rock - The PAL version of Tour of Duty has had the original musical score restored. The music was almost a character, itself. Remember how every episode opened with the Stone's "Paint It Black"? My copy is Region 4. Both the DVDs and a region 0 (universal) DVD player can be bought off Amazon. The player was only $35, half what the DVD set cost.

Well, I'm off to hack away at the basement some more. I'll be taking frequent breaks to play Kerbal Space Program. Before I go, here's another off-topic "cartoon."
63a4cd1e99aecbe1605f7ebe62481d9c.jpg

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning all, I see Loius read my post about the suburban.

I started it up yesterday to take it in and boom, the oil pressure gauge showed 40 ! What a surprise. The tab on the window shows it is not due for an oil change until 22,000 miles and the odometer shows 20, 763.

The oil could be several years old, however, since the vehicle was not driven much when Dad owned it. My brother used it for snow plowing and hauling hay locally, probably did not put on more than a few hundred miles a year.

The thing is a cool beast, I look forward to driving it around.

I have a physical today for my new job at the rail yard down here in St. Paul, loading rail cars with frac sand. I guess the oil field is picking up and they hired me to run a machine. Supposed to start next thursday. I am thinking this job is going to be what I call fun.

ROTFLMAO .... Now that's funny!

Yeah... you're fine... the same sick man we all know and love.

Personally I don't see anything funny about gravity.

That reminds me of an episode of the "King of Queens" Arthur gets out of the hot tub, naked. Doug is shocked and disgusted. Arthur says "It's called gravity Douglas and it's coming for you!

When I see myself in the mirror after coming out of the shower I think "who the f*&% is that?"

Good morning all, I see Loius read my post about the suburban.

I started it up yesterday to take it in and boom, the oil pressure gauge showed 40 ! What a surprise. The tab on the window shows it is not due for an oil change until 22,000 miles and the odometer shows 20, 763.

The oil could be several years old, however, since the vehicle was not driven much when Dad owned it. My brother used it for snow plowing and hauling hay locally, probably did not put on more than a few hundred miles a year.

The thing is a cool beast, I look forward to driving it around.

I have a physical today for my new job at the rail yard down here in St. Paul, loading rail cars with frac sand. I guess the oil field is picking up and they hired me to run a machine. Supposed to start next thursday. I am thinking this job is going to be what I call fun.

David, congratulations on your new job. That does sound like fun!

I would change the oil in that Suburban, but get it hot first. I would use synthetic oil for added protection. Chet what do you think?

When I do retire I am going to buy a Suburban and tour the country with my wife and dogs. If I am lucky I will have a grandson or 2 that wants to join us.

Yeah... you're fine... the same sick man we all know and love.

Personally I don't see anything funny about gravity.

Nothing funny about gravity, Louis. I was laughing about KEN;s comment about Beady.

It's an effort anymore just to keep my shoes dry - nothing funny a tall bout gravity.

Good Afternoon All,

Very hot and humid here today. Ran a bunch of errands since it's payday. Tomorrow my Son-In-Law is coming over to help replace screen above the pool, and Sunday we are going to Patrick AFB for groceries.

Sherrel- Sounds positive with the Doc's.

Garry- They are made from styrene not wood.

Toot- Great videos.

Chet- Great video.

Dave- Good luck with the new job.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back