Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... you're fine... the same sick man we all know and love.

Personally I don't see anything funny about gravity.

That reminds me of an episode of the "King of Queens" Arthur gets out of the hot tub, naked. Doug is shocked and disgusted. Arthur says "It's called gravity Douglas and it's coming for you!

When I see myself in the mirror after coming out of the shower I think "who the f*&% is that?"
Speaking of gravity, how did you like the next one?

This signature is intended to irritate people.

WOW, 5 pages since I was here,, but it was only yesterday,,,,,wasn't it?

anyway,,, Hiya gang

Curt
, Glad to hear the Doc is confident

Synthetic oil I deal with it daily,, great stuff BUT IMHO, sometimes on older cars it will cause a gasket that just weeps to drip, and 1 that drips to pour. Handle with care. The 'burbon probably needs a sending unit, and/or the screen beneath it cleaned or replaced. 30+ years in the biz and the amount of Chevy trucks I have seen with head gasket failures I can count on 1 hand.

oh, and

Gravity sucks!

Saw a Juice Train in OCALA once. Pulled by GP's and the reefers were GREEN. Many different shades of weathering.

Thanks for the cartoons.

Continuing Prayers for all.

Phil

I've been messing with these P40s over the past few weeks. They just haven't been running well at all. I thought it might be the track as I hadn't run trains in about a month. Scrubbed the tracks pretty good, but the P40s kept gathering crud on the wheels pretty quick which caused a lot of stalling. I took a closer look at the wheels and realized they were the original brass wheels. I had enough nickle silver wheels in the spare parts bin to replace them all. Put them back on the track and discovered that I had put a sound decoder in one of them. I guess the brass wasn't letting enough electricity get to the decoder to run the sound.
Anyway, they both run well together now.

[video=youtube;dnX926YqOTo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnX926YqOTo[/video]

Nothing funny about gravity, Louis. I was laughing about KEN;s comment about Beady.

It's an effort anymore just to keep my shoes dry - nothing funny a tall bout gravity.

I can be funny, but only when it is pulling down on someone else! ;)
One thing about gravity, it always works.
Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Don't I know it!

Sure enough! If it didn't .. I would have had a heck of a time dodging all those submarines and destroyers floating around up there!

It took me a minute then I laughed remembering you are a pilot! That brings to mind another question; does gravity effect the mind?

Speaking of gravity, how did you like the next one?

This signature is intended to irritate people.
They were both funny, yet still disturbing.

Synthetic oil I deal with it daily,, great stuff BUT IMHO, sometimes on older cars it will cause a gasket that just weeps to drip, and 1 that drips to pour. Handle with care. The 'burbon probably needs a sending unit, and/or the screen beneath it cleaned or replaced. 30+ years in the biz and the amount of Chevy trucks I have seen with head gasket failures I can count on 1 hand.

oh, and

Gravity sucks!

I was an industrial mechanic, I have limited automotive experience. That was the reason I asked for Chet's input, I know he deals with many older models.

I think of you as a new car man because you work at a dealer. I did not consider you have been doing it for 30 years. Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm sure David will appreciate it.

I've used synthetic oil in several old engines, but none of them had oil leaks. Before I became a broken down lazy bum I never let even a weeping valve cover gasket go unrepaired.

One final thought, I agree completely; gravity sucks big time! I still want to know who the f&^% that is in my bathroom mirror!

Good night Everybody!

PS I never did get my Lionel 4th of July trains running, I went to work instead. They gave me 7 packages to deliver, it took me less than an hour. I got paid for 3 hours and I finished 15 minutes from home. I love getting paid for doing next to nothing!

Hi All,
What an infrequent poster I am!
Currently we (the good lady wife) and I, are on holiday (vacation!) in Greece and we're experiencing a nice heatwave of around 43C, sorry I don't know what that is in old money, around 110F?
I wish everyone well from these foreign climes!
John

jobu-officially-licensed-major-league-movie-replica-10-figure-88.jpg

Good Morning y'all. HAPPY CANADA DAY! Today is NHL Free Agent Frenzy day, beginning at 1200. 78° and cloudy with showers in the forecast.

Good morning all, 64 and the sun is shining.

Thanks for the input on the Suburban, the shop has it since I don't really have a good place to work on it. They are going to run some flush through then change the oil, sounds good to me.

I have owned several GM truck products, the 1960 GMC 1/2 ton with V-6; then the 1978 1/2 ton 4 x 4 with the 350 v-8, ran that one over 200,000; next the 1998 1/2 ton 4 x 4, traded it in with 198k, and the 2008 1/2 ton 4 x 4 which I traded off early.

Of all of them, my favorite was the first one. I could fix everything on it myself. It had the 4 speed with granny 1st gear suitable for pulling farm implements in the field. The clutch was hydraulic, a very smooth mechanism compared to the lever linkage.

The doctor said I passed the physical. They actually took a chest exray for this one, however did not require any actual activity like the hallibirton one. For that one, I had to do push ups, situps, squats, etc.

Dave,
SAY NO to the engine flush. It kills more engines than it saves. Ive got one at the shop now. Guy drove it in to another shop, got an engine flush, then towed it to me

Good Morning All. 68° and overcast. Thunderstorms through the night have left about .6" of rain in the gauge. More may be on the way, or they might barely skirt to the south of us. I did spend part of yesterday processing about 65-70 of those tomatoes that I posted a picture of. That might be 15%...the rest need to ripen a bit before the next round. This round was just crushed tomatoes, the next will be spaghetti sauce and maybe some salsa if the mood strikes me. New control panel for our dishwasher arrived about 5:30 pm, and I had it installed by 5:55, The dishwasher has been inoperable since Tuesday and was full...it's empty now, thankfully! Out here in the "boonies", you need to know how to diagnose and repair stuff, or pay a fortune for a serviceman to come out. If I had gone that route, it may have been Thursday or Friday for him to show up and then order the part, plus the $125 service call (two visits). Maytag has a direct parts ordering website and their prices beat Amazon by at least 30%.
Out in the train shed, I only ran trains as my time was limited. Today however, with the rain, my outdoor activities will be limited and I will have more time.

Wow, the Coffee Shop was very busy yesterday...made up for the slow day before.
Toot - I've seen that video of the CN engine blowing out the turbo before, but it always makes me wonder if the engineer knows what is about to happen or not. I have seen many more videos of UP engines having the same issue. Seems relatively prevalent.
Sherrel - Prayers continue to be with you regarding the next procedure. At that price for gas, you could save enough in a year to pay for the move. LOL Plus there's no state income tax and fewer goofy state politicians in Texas. Hope that the doggie recovers. Great "Juice Train" video. Keep your shoes dry, might be able to relate to that!
Louis - Sorry to hear that you overdid it. But if you don't take it to the limit every once in a while, you don't know the limit! I am a bit tired of most Christmas music! Bring some crab-cakes by and we'll trade! McDonalds! I may be the only American who has NEVER eaten at a McDonalds, and I intend to keep it that way. Now Whataburger on the other hand...
Chet - I am pretty much with you on grilling. Most weeks even in winter see me grilling 2-3 times. Fortunately our winters are never as severe as yours. Fish, pork loins, ribs, brats and chops, chicken/turkey in all forms, beef in even more forms (lot more cuts in a big ole cow) and many vegetables and even pineapple. All charcoal for me.
Garry - Sorry to hear of Dan's setback.
Beady - I didn't realize that you had a beach close by, and a photographer to take your picture to boot!
Dave - Good luck on the new job. I guess that retirement didn't suit you yet.
Ken (D&J) - Nice that you finally resolved the problem with the P40's. Nice video as well.
John - Good to see you in the Coffee Shop. Enjoy your holiday.

Happy Canada Day to all of our northern friends.
Everybody have a great day.

Willie

Good morning to everybody.

Happy Canada Day !

Congratulations to Canada for its 150th birthday !

Good morning all.
84 and muggy-will hit 90 with p.m. t/s.

HAPPY CANADA DAY TO OUR COUSINS.

prayers still on going.
phil

Karl--good to know about the flush, l am going to have to chock it up to experience, I have heard the same thing about the radiator flush

Gary CBC-- I think I am still too high strung for retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back