Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still on "the right side of the grass.
I've had a bad week.
Trach tube out sometime during sleep Sunday night.
EMS was called to haul me of to the ER.
The dr. there was an idiot IMHO. He put a new smaller one in instead of putting mine back in.
An appt was scheduled with my ENT the following day and he put a new one of the correct size back in.
They ned you to be awake to do this so it's most painful.

that same night I fell asleep siutting up in my chair and crashed
on the floor face first. I must have landed nose first because it still hurts and I left a LOT of blood all over the place. The new trach is causing an ENORMOUS amount of mucus out of the lungs so I don't sleep much before I wake up coughing on the shit.

The use of my right hand seems to be returning.
For the most part everyone says I'm doing quite awesome given all the crap I"ve been through. Personally I don't feel it until after they remind me of the various tramas/ordeals I've been through.
The ENT said the other day my trach CAN and WILL come but it will be later in the fall - and then we can talk about reconstruction surgeries.
I literally got out of the chair and danced a little jig.

For the most part I am completely miserable.
E

Erik, glad to hear from you. I had hoped to get down your way, but my mother wound up in the hospital for the 2nd weekend in a row, and just got put into rehab this afternoon.

This is just for you:

df5a9b396916fdaad9d58dce56484a00.jpg

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phil the most eBay bucks I have had was $58 and change, but usually its less than $10. I'm glad to see they are paying off for under $5 again. I had $2.68 this time and they made a sale that would not have happened otherwise.

Curt I did it again! Phil has been on my mind. Tell him I said hello if you would please and forgive me for calling you Phil... again!

Clear and 59.
Off to hell, I mean work...

Terry Don't let the bastards get you down.

Louis - Great that your wife could visit her mom in the home country. Let's all hope that everything goes safely.

Thank you Willy, so far so good. I miss her terribly, but when I miss her the most I remind myself how happy Mamma must be. Self-pity is selfish and has no place in my play book.

I also think of the Pick Salami
pick_aufgeschnitten.jpg

Along with the Hungarian Kolbasz (Dry smoked sausage) she will bring me!
Csabai_kolb%C3%A1sz.jpg

I have been keeping myself very busy. My wife worries to much about me and she has hindered me from building up my stamina. With her in Hungary I've been working every day from 10-11am until 9-10pm. I even managed squeeze in baseball practice and go back to work afterwards on Wednesday. I feel great, stronger and stronger. I finished at 9pm tonight and could have gone a few more hours. I would have done more, but I don't want to push to much. I have been sleeping better than ever. Last night I don't think I moved all night and I slept 6 hours, very rare for me! I usually sleep 4 or 5 hours. I have slept past sunrise every night this week, first time in many years.

Like my primary care doctor told me "as long as you feel good, working will be good for you" I feel great. I think I got sick before because I had a bad shoulder injury and I pushed too hard right out of the gate. This time I'm gradually doing more and more.

I feel like Tony the Tiger I feel grrrrreat!!!
TonytheTiger.jpg

I'm still on "the right side of the grass.
I've had a bad week.
Trach tube out sometime during sleep Sunday night.
EMS was called to haul me of to the ER.
The dr. there was an idiot IMHO. He put a new smaller one in instead of putting mine back in.
An appt was scheduled with my ENT the following day and he put a new one of the correct size back in.
They ned you to be awake to do this so it's most painful.

that same night I fell asleep siutting up in my chair and crashed
on the floor face first. I must have landed nose first because it still hurts and I left a LOT of blood all over the place. The new trach is causing an ENORMOUS amount of mucus out of the lungs so I don't sleep much before I wake up coughing on the shit.

The use of my right hand seems to be returning.
For the most part everyone says I'm doing quite awesome given all the crap I"ve been through. Personally I don't feel it until after they remind me of the various tramas/ordeals I've been through.
The ENT said the other day my trach CAN and WILL come but it will be later in the fall - and then we can talk about reconstruction surgeries.
I literally got out of the chair and danced a little jig.

For the most part I am completely miserable.
E

It's good to hear from you E!!!

It's always darkest before the dawn, but talking about reconstruction surgery makes me think the worst is over. Now comes the hard part; the slow recovery. Do your best to stay positive, take it day by day, some will be better than others.

My Nanny taught me this when I was very young "When you are feeling down count your blessings, not your problems. If you still feel down count your blessings again until you feel better"

It took me over 10 years to get out of the darkness and I believe thinking positive was almost as important as the doctors prescriptions, treatments and recommendations.

I tried to set a goal for each day, at first it was just to wake up the next day.

You can do this, I believe in your resolve and I also believe your recovery will be much faster than mine was. I am praying for you as are many others.

Erik, glad to hear from you. I had hoped to get down your way, but my mother wound up in the hospital for the 2nd weekend in a row, and just got put into rehab this afternoon.

This is just for you:

df5a9b396916fdaad9d58dce56484a00.jpg

This signature is intended to irritate people.

I recognize that feller. "popcorn" was his nick name.'''
He's a legendary TN moonshiner/bootleggger.

Don't worry about gettting down here on my account unless you plan to head down to GA and gt my stuff.
However, at the moment I'm not comfortable with that kind of travel.
If I can't go I sure would want someone knowledgeable in train stuff.
My Dad sems to have thgis idea you jut load and go wtih it.
E

Good Morning Gang. 64° and mostly cloudy today. The yard is not yet looking ragged (note yard, not lawn) since it's been twelve days without any rain. That means mowing can wait a while longer, thankfully. I might just tackle some of those remaining seven dead trees that are left. That is part of my firewood supply for next winter (and beyond).
In the train shed yesterday I ran trains for over two hours. Did a lot of switching. Repaired a few freight cars that were on the RIP track. Minor stuff like drooping couplers, detached parts and wobblers that needed more weight or truck adjustments. Some of these newer RTR cars with all of the details can be pretty finicky. I have a small container of parts found along the tracks when I vacuumed that I am still looking for a home for. Green and yellow are easier to track down than mineral red or brown ones are.

Eric - Hey! Great to hear from you. While not everything was good, I did detect some positives from you. Keep looking at those positives and you will prevail.
Dave - You were right in that those schedules looked new. They are really well preserved for their age. Congratulations on the find.
Beady - That is an awesome paper model site. Some of the structures look really complex though. I had read about the "Flying Hamburger" many years ago (pre-Internet), but had mostly forgotten about it until you brought it up.

Everybody have a great day.

Willie

Good Morning all. 36 degrees with a couple of inches i=of snow that came down in the past hour. Starting to get tired od it.

Eric - Really happy that you checked in and are still on the right side of the gress. We were getting worried about you.

Louis - You can send some of that sausage this way. I have had Picks and am always open to trying any other sausage. Sampled a lot years back whie traveling through Europe. Love the stuff. Also glad to hear that you're feeling well. You're quite a busy guy.

Phone is getting busy, later.

Good morning.

We arrived home late Wednesday. Now it will take a while to get back to the normal routine.

Have a great day, everybody.

Dang Eric, you've been going through a lot of nasty stuff.

Working from home again today. I don't have to mess with the get out of town traffic.

Gotta go cut the grass at the church this afternoon. This is my week to do that. Next time will be in late May.

Good morning all, 45 and cloudy, headed for 62.

Ken--mowing lawn, eh. I guess we will be doing the same in a couple weeks.

Eric--good to hear your long term prognosis sounds good.

Chet--snow, yuk.

Mornin peeps, 60's today here in Mass. Happy Good Friday!

Here is a piece of track from the V1 and V2 testing and manufacturing at Dora commando of Buchenwald in Germany during the mid 40's at the entrance to Tunnel B.

The KZ Dora Entrance to Tunnel B.jpg

Afternoon All,

Got news from my brother a bit ago that his wife is in the ER with stroke like symptoms. Blood Sugar was ruled out.

Eric- I was glad to see you posting. I am sorry to hear of your recent issues. I know you are a tough guy and hang in there.

Louis- Glad to see you doing so well. I will give your well wishes to Phil.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good evening ...

Curt .... That sounds like potentially very bad news about your brother's sister. Prayers for her.....I still wish Phil had been able to attend our meeting.

Eric ... Glad you can post, and prayers continue for you.

Sherrel ... Prayers for you too for successful surgery. Please keep us updated.

I think it will still be several more days before I'm back to a normal routine,

Cheers, everybody.

Good morning guys. 53 and overcast here in King George, VA.
Been struggling all week with some back pain. Thought it would have gone away by now but it just gets worse. Doing a slight bend over will almost make me collapse. Quick moves will make it feel like getting shot in the lower back. I when trying to touch my toes, I can just barely touch my knees.
I think it migh be related to the leg pains I've been experiencing and tried to see my VA provider. Still no call back from them despite four calls for an appointment. I think I'll go to the urgent care center this morning.

Ken, I had something like that happen in 2005, it turned out to be a bulging disc in my lower back. A round of steroids and some physical therapy, and I was back to over 95%. Hopefully yours will be as easily treated.

I do have an extensive history of back problems. Herniated disc, spinal stenosis and several degenerated discs. I really hate the pain killers due to terrible side effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back