Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure the whole world has seen it by now.

In today's world of instant phone camera recording and upload, you have to wonder how anyone could be so stupid as to pull such a violent stunt against a paying, innocent client. I did see a report that the airline were already preparing for bankruptcy, fake news probably (not quite yet).

In today's world of instant phone camera recording and upload, you have to wonder how anyone could be so stupid as to pull such a violent stunt against a paying, innocent client. I did see a report that the airline were already preparing for bankruptcy, fake news probably (not quite yet).
I think every employee directly involved with that incident should be immediately sacked. Better yet, force them to work for my supervisor for a year. At my pay rate.

If United was smart, they could use this to their advantage.
Customers like our flights so much, we have to drag them off of them.

Has everyone seen Jimmy Kimmels take on this?

[video=youtube_share;aqzhB6oEKdY]https://youtu.be/aqzhB6oEKdY[/video]

Everyone is jumping down the airline's throat ... all they did was tell the security personnel to take the guy off the flight. I could write a book on incidents akin to this.

Went to the heart doctor yesterday: 3 hour drive to go 96 miles - 2 hours coming back. News was NOT what I was expecting, or hoping to hear.
Doctor is insisting that I have the aneurysm corrected that is next to my heart. He says that it has grown in size ... and best to fix itwithout delay.
I told him that I had justabout made up my mind to live with it and let the chips fall wherever - he said that "That may not take too long".
I guess that I will have it done in a couple months - maybe I can just have them install a zipper while they are at it?

I'm kinda on a down note at this time ...... sorry, guys - not looking for any sympathy.

Everyone is jumping down the airline's throat ... all they did was tell the security personnel to take the guy off the flight. I could write a book on incidents akin to this.

Went to the heart doctor yesterday: 3 hour drive to go 96 miles - 2 hours coming back. News was NOT what I was expecting, or hoping to hear.
Doctor is insisting that I have the aneurysm corrected that is next to my heart. He says that it has grown in size ... and best to fix itwithout delay.
I told him that I had justabout made up my mind to live with it and let the chips fall wherever - he said that "That may not take too long".
I guess that I will have it done in a couple months - maybe I can just have them install a zipper while they are at it?

I'm kinda on a down note at this time ...... sorry, guys - not looking for any sympathy.
Why down? The choice is yours. A lot of people haven't been able to say that.

This signature is intended to irritate people.

Dang Sherrel, that's an easy fix considering the consequences. You only have the easy part of just showing up, going to sleep, waking up then going home. Heck, they take care of all the rest.

Sherrel, as a recipient of open heart surgery myself, over 12 years ago, and not as urgent as yours, get it done mate. It won't become easier to deal with, we don't want to be hearing from someone else about you, in the past tense.

Sherrel. ... toot has good advice for you. I'll pray for you to have successful surgery

Our flight home will be later today. NOT United Airlines

Sherrel first of all I am sorry to hear the not so good news. Not so good in that nobody wants to have any procedure done. On the other hand it is good news that they can fix it!

No I am not going to give you any sympathy, but I am going to give you the truth as I see it. You should get this done. You are a fortunate man, you have many who love you, care about you and respect you, you would be missed BIG TIME!

I may be the least important of those people who would miss you, but I would certainly feel the loss. Think of the many people who are much more important than me.

I know you have been through the ringer with health problems, but you are productive, coherent and still have a great, although a bit warped sense of humor. You don't realize how many lives you enrich in so many ways.

"stand and deliver" you can do this!

Do your best and pray for the rest. We are with you and pulling for you.

Everyone is jumping down the airline's throat ... all they did was tell the security personnel to take the guy off the flight. I could write a book on incidents akin to this.\

The last time there was this much hoopla, it was when a conscientious conductor kicked Dan Rather off the train at Trenton, (with the assistance of the NJT cops). Seems Mr Dan, missed his Acela, and boarded the next Regional without exchanging his ticket, wanted a refund of the difference between First Class and Business Class. He protested too much, and created a disturbance, was removed, and booked as a disorderly person.

Sherrel: Considering all the medical issues you have faced, I don't blame you for not wanting to go through with this, but if it's fixable, you should do it. Like Toot said, we don't want to be discussing you in past tense.

Feeling kind of old today - just heard that J Geils passed away. Didn't realize he was 71 years old.

It's funny how you always think of musicians as they were when you first heard them back in your youth.

RIP Mr Geils...

[video=youtube;BqDjMZKf-wg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqDjMZKf-wg[/video]

Good morning everyone. 48 in SW MO but heading for 74 and sunny today. Time for a big cup of joe and a bearclaw!

Late night last night attending a banquet hosted by our CU - annual business meeting. Caught up with some old friends we hardly ever see, which is nice. Good food, good speaker, boring business meeting - as usual.

Karl - thanks for that link to the Kimmel UA ad - great stuff.
Sherrel - I agree with Toot and everyone else - get it done and enjoy life longer - think of all the train runs you have ahead of you :)

See ya later. Have a good day everyone.

Good Morning All. 63° and overcast skies here this morning. Spent some time in the garden yesterday. Two signs that Spring is upon us here as I spotted the first slow-moving snake coming out of hibernation yesterday, a small 3.5' "rat" snake. Second is that I have to use the "spider-stick" when traveling in certain areas. That is a 36" piece of 1"x2" that I wave in front of me as I move about first thing in the morning, to clear the spider webs out of the way.
In the train shed yesterday, I just continued on my scenery and detailing adventure. Ran across some white metal motorcycle castings that I cleaned up and glued together. Paint today and maybe I'll remember to take a picture or two.

Terry - I once had a supervisor that didn't like me either. He got mad when I told him that I was there before he arrived and would still be there when he left (true). For a while I was able to make his life miserable in a subtle way. He had a second floor office in the factory above mine. He liked to work until 7:00 pm or so every night. His A/C was the same unit as mine, and I started to turn it off every day when I left at 4:00 pm. It made his office extremely uncomfortable when the factory interior got to be 95°+ in the summertime. He mentioned this to the maintenance manager in my presence one day and he (who didn't like him either) acted dumb. After about two months, he finally found out from another maintenance guy that the system was shared, and that someone was turning it off. He came raging into my office the next morning and accused me of turning it off on purpose. I feigned ignorance and pointed out the written policy regarding "saving energy". Told him that I had no idea (I actually knew) that it was shared. Had to start leaving it on after that. He only lasted about another three or four months.
Sherrel - Not good news. Was this the same doctor that told you not to worry about it a few months ago? If I am recalling your posts correctly. I agree with all of the others regarding the surgery.
Garry - Sounds like a smart decision.
Ken (D&J) - I like that idea, but it probably won't go over too well.

Well it's time to move on. See y'all later. Everybody have an awesome day.

Willie

Good morning Everybody!

To add to my already busy, (thank God) schedule my wife has gone to Hungary to visit her Mom and her sister. I miss her already. My son is traveling with her so that is comforting. I just talked to her on the phone and she is in Amsterdam waiting to board her flight to Budapest. After she picks up her car at the airport she will have another 90 minutes before she gets to her Mom's. It's a shame they no longer have direct flights to Budapest.

I have not had time to play with my trains but I did find a great deal on eBay. I only found it because I had an eBay Bucks (eBay Rewards) certificate to use.

I really felt like I stole this this thing! it's a Lionel 1998 Centennial Series GP-20 Diesel locomotive 6-18858 new in the box. The price guide lists it at $450 but I won the auction with a bid of $92.77 and $8.01 shipping.

I plan on using it to give Santa more motive power for my Christmas trains.
Features:

• O-Gauge
  • Powerful Pullmor motor
  • Train Master Command Control (TMCC) equipped
  • Railsounds
  • Crewtalk
  • Directional lighting
  • Special Centennial sound
  • Die-cast trucks
  • Magnetic die-cast couplers
  • Operates on O-31 or greater curves
  • Length: 14-1/2"
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

good morning. 36 degrees with scattered clouds. We did get rain over night but it had cleared off. Made an unexpected trip to Billings yesterday and didn't check in on the computer but did look at Tap Talk a few times. A lot of talk about United Airlines. No worry for me as I avoid flying commercial at all costs. May have to use one for a trip to Hawaii. Can't really drive there. We used to fly a lot years ago but after a trip to Hawaii a few years ago, I was cured. No more commercial flights if I can help it.

Sherrel - Bad news, but good news being that they caught it when they did. Get it done. We would much rather see you above the grass. Hope things go well. I know a few people who had the same problem and the surgery they admit wasn't too bad, especially considering the alternative.

Garry - Have a safe trip home.

Louis -
you got a heck of a but on that locomotive.

Terry - I'll give you a lot of credit for putting up with that idiot you work for.

Joe - Interesting story about Rather. Some people really get swollen heads and think they're better than everyone else.

While in Billings yesterday I did stop by the hobby shop and found very little that I could use besides some scenery items. Not used to paying full retail, but at least I have the items in hand. Not too many items so it wasn't too bad.

When we got back from out bowling marathon Sunday I did get to run trains for a while. There an outbound freight waiting at the tower for an inbound to clear the main line so it could leave.

IMAG1105.jpg

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back