Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning All. 53 degrees and clear skies here right now, supposed to go back up to 80 again today. It sure is pleasant sleeping with the windows open; except last night about 9:30 when someone about 1 1/2 miles north decided it was OK to set off some Cinco de Mayo fireworks for about 15 minutes. They actually looked pretty good from my bedroom window! Speaking of credit/debit card compromises, my wife's card has been compromised twice in the last four years. The bank has always been really helpful, and they think it goes back to the Target hack of a few years ago initially. They have also refused some questionable purchases (thankfully) made from foreign countries.
Chet - A belated Happy Birthday to your wife.
Garry - I have auto-correct turned off I guess, since it never overrides anything I type.
Terry - Boy, that's a disturbing story. Good thing you were on your toes.
Toot - Interesting video.
Well everyone have a great day today. I think it's Friday!

Willie

Good morning, Happy Friday! 44° with more rain. Need some dry to cut the lawn and plant the Veggies.

Discovered an error on the layout. Now, I have to re-plot my curves. No real harm done, just some cork roadbed wasted. This will create some separation to the Reading and Pennsy mains, before they come together for the movable bridge.

Good Morning, we have 60 already and looks like it will hit 75 again! It is on the dry side here, however; fire danger is at "very high".

Curt : I watched your latest video yesterday and your layout looks great! Really nice job!

Good morning ....

It's Derby Weekend ..... It is good to stay away from Louisville to avoid traffic. .... I would enjoy a slice of Derby Pie, however. Nothing tastes better.

The Alberta Forest Fire has been in the news. Prayers for affected families there. I heard the Canadian Government will match donations to the Canadian Red Cross to assist people there. I think that is something worthy of consideration.

Good morning. Time for a cup of Joe in the new shop. coffee.gif

46 degrees to start off the day. Mother nature was teasing us yesterday as we got up to 83 degrees, but rain is in the forecast with highs expected only to be in the 50's over the weekend.

Tonight is our roll offs for the league championship for our Friday night bowling league. Guess I'll have to get my poop in a group tonight. We have been bowling with the same couple now for 20 years. Guess the way to cap that off is by taking the championship. Saturday, we're up in Great Falls for a state tournament.

Woo! It's finally Friday! Hopefully I'll be able to get my road finished up this weekend and possibly get some more of my buildings into place. Of course I only have one day to do this in seeing as how mothers day is Sunday.

Justin

Mornin guys. Finally going to have a nice day here. 78 and bright sunshine.

I finally got off my butt and bashed the bridge to carry the branch over the main. Couple kits sectioned and combined for the length I need. Too long to be prototypical but I think will look good. A few more pics on my layout thread.

Attachments

• DSCF0614.JPG
    DSCF0614.JPG
    773.5 KB · Views: 260
Morning Emengineers: It's 54 heading to 62 today. Mostly cloudy and a lot of rain showers to the West along the coast; sure hope some of them reach us with a good rain. Yesterday's prediction was as per my guess ... I think we had as many as six drops!

Good bowling, CHET- As they say: Break a leg! (not really)

Very nice span bridge, RICK. A real beauty!

TOOT- You would not think there would be any land mass left with that force from the constant wave pounding. Going to take some time to repair that washout!

CA David- Not only did you lose the post, but then after you went to all that typing - Willie bounces us to another Thread! LoL. Good thing you did not call - went to bed before ten. Had dinner with #3 daughter last night - too much to eat and drink - couldn't stay awake.

Looks as if I will not get much fence painting done today - Oh Well, I had rather have the rain if it comes?

Sherrel, you had asked in a PM about Mondays, if you've been following along during my week, you'll probably understand my comments...

Oh Yeah, TERRY. That little black cloud is still following you round -- just watch out for the little bolts of lightening. I think about your wife's med issues every day.

BTW: How much damage was done to that trailer that was hurt during the parking?

Hiya gang,
Gray, rainy day
It doesn't help that my Mom passed today. Gotta Meer with the sisters later.
Thanks again for all the positive thoughts and prayers over the last week or so.

Karl, I'm sorry to hear of your loss.
Eric, hopefully your uncle's situation will improve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Karl ... Add me to the Condolences and prayers list for you and your family.
Positive thoughts for/and to all.

Bright and sunny here in my part of Wisconsin. Rain later. Spent part of the morning putting a wind catcher together for the Boss. Then sprayed some weeds with Roundup, easier than pulling them out. Getting a little windy so I'll finish later.

No model railroading today....!

Have a nice weekend.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back