Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXII

My favorite natural cure for a cold

Hot Tea with lemon, honey, and bourbon. drink it down fast, soon you will fall asleep and wake up later covered in sweat but feeling better. :D

Karl -- That is the exact combination that my mom used all her life .. the medicinal bottle of bourbon! Outside of an occasional eggnog with a shot at Christmas time, she never drank, not even wine.

Justin ... That is a great video of the B&O GP7 switching coal hoppers at the mine. The GP7 and the hoppers are nicely weathered, and the sound is great.

Willie Good post - You get 1 star!

Louis -- Your posts all were great this morning! You get 2 stars!

Better than a tabloid at the supermarket!

Really Nice cars Louis! Love the tanker ... note.. I will get some ... soon.

And yes Chet, I know Im a bit younger than many of you, but I agree, it does suck to get old, throw in more like a half a dozed capsules each day when just a few years ago I was only taking maybe an aspirin for a headache at best... yup....it sucks Chet and seems to be getting worse. Terry is so right, quality is the best idea, but ill add in, your attitude may prevail it, but that takes work. Now.. I got time to work on it now too. I like trains, (or any model) there light to move around, lol.

We got the late 40's today and it is just really nice outside... I think Ill go for a walk and think about stuff, see ya later.

No. Maybe I'll try that. I'm registered, but never tried uploading anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

If you are trying to load it directly from your phone or computer, you are using up a big chunk of storage on the MRF server. Ic you are linking to it on your computer, it will only be visible when your computer is online. If you only link to it on YouTube, you only use a small piece of MRF for the URL. When you upload it to YouTube, be sure to make it accessable to the public, otherwise we will need a password to see it.

Hot Tea with lemon, honey, and bourbon. drink it down fast, soon you will fall asleep and wake up later covered in sweat but feeling better. :D

I use rum instead of bourbon and I drink it while in a very hot bath, get a really good sweat on, rinse and..Get out,dry off and hop into bed and get a few hours sleep...never fails

Anybody know how to turn an entire video 90 degrees on its side. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Steady supply of Vodka and Orange Juice and I never get a cold!!!

That lemon, warm water, honey and whiskey was my mother's favorite cure for a cold or fever. To this day I will not drink warm liquor of any type!

Greg

Beady:

Nice video...longest train I've seen was a 120 car ore unit train at a show. It got me into collecting ore cars and running unit trains where I can on larger layouts than mine.

Greg

Karl that is a "Hot Toddy" and it's been around for a long time. Supposedly the whiskey is to help you sleep, the lemon is for vitamin C and the honey sooths your throat. In addition as Beady said anything hot will help.

Almost makes you want to catch a cold, almost!

Really Nice cars Louis! Love the tanker ... note.. I will get some ... soon.

And yes Chet, I know Im a bit younger than many of you, but I agree, it does suck to get old, throw in more like a half a dozed capsules each day when just a few years ago I was only taking maybe an aspirin for a headache at best... yup....it sucks Chet and seems to be getting worse. Terry is so right, quality is the best idea, but ill add in, your attitude may prevail it, but that takes work. Now.. I got time to work on it now too. I like trains, (or any model) there light to move around, lol.

We got the late 40's today and it is just really nice outside... I think Ill go for a walk and think about stuff, see ya later.

I'm glad you like the tanker, doubt it is prototypical but it is an add on car for this Lionel set I have and I love it too! I am a sucker for red white and blue paint schemes. I guess it is a throw back to my first train set. Tyco's Spirit of 76.

Lionel O 6-82427 LionChief Remote U36B Diesel Freight Set, The Patriot
LIO-6-82427-2.jpg

As for the pills you take, just be glad they are working, that how I think of my medications.

Louis -- Your posts all were great this morning! You get 2 stars!

Better than a tabloid at the supermarket!

Only 2 stars! I guess that is ok; it's the same as the movie Christmas Vacation got initially, the movie has since been revised up so maybe there is hope for me. :)

As for super market tabloids, the story of my life could fill dozens of them and make for more than a few episodes of cops. As my Mom might say "who cares, you live in Dundalk anyway" I guess I fit right in. As I am fond of saying "I'm fat and happy so F#$%'em!"

That got me thinking how I wish I had been born in the old west. With out today's medical technology I would not have made it to 30, but as Terry so rightly pointed out; when it comes to life quality is more important than quantity.

Bruce my friend you will like this one! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUYN4kkKmEw

Only 2 stars! I guess that is ok; it's the same as the movie Christmas Vacation got initially, the movie has since been revised up so maybe there is hope for me. :)

I guess that the school I grew up in was pretty poor (it really was)! You had to really "shine" in order to get ONE STAR.
If you received TWO STARS, you were exceptional! I never got the TWO stars, but did occasionally capture ONE.

Afternoon All,

Finished the second platform today and weathered it. The first one is 28 inches long and the second one is 32 inches long. In a couple of hours the family is coming over to celebrate daughter's 38th birthday. Where does the time go?

Tomorrow I hope to start on the 3 railroad crossings I need to do.

Louis- Nice looking cars.

Chet/Justin/Karl- Great videos.

Not great on detail but here it is.

20170219_135050_zpsqde3mis5.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

I guess that the school I grew up in was pretty poor (it really was)! You had to really "shine" in order to get ONE STAR.
If you received TWO STARS, you were exceptional! I never got the TWO stars, but did occasionally capture ONE.

In that case I am extremely honored, thank you my friend!

Another example of how expectations and standards continue to be lowered.

Afternoon All,

Finished the second platform today and weathered it. The first one is 28 inches long and the second one is 32 inches long. In a couple of hours the family is coming over to celebrate daughter's 38th birthday. Where does the time go?

Tomorrow I hope to start on the 3 railroad crossings I need to do.

Louis- Nice looking cars.

Chet/Justin/Karl- Great videos.

Not great on detail but here it is.

20170219_135050_zpsqde3mis5.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Thank you! Now all I need is a permanent layout even half as good as yours and I will be in "high cotton"!

Back