Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXII

Louis
I feel about the same way as I feel about football or baseball themed trains, or any non-prototypical themed trains (Toy Story, Star Wars, etc), nauseous. :p

I know :) The subject of the theme train is irrelevant, I just enjoy rattling your cage. I've been waiting for the Patriots super bowl train, but either I missed it or it has not come out yet. I'll post it for you when I see it :)

Get off my lawn!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

It wasn't me who broke your window, but would you give me back my baseball?

Sober Wisdom, that is what I needed and that is why I come sniffin back around. Perspective is provided once again, thank you. My right hand is inop, good thing I'm a lefty. Been in constant chronic pain since May of 88 and it keeps piling on, confusion, irritability, lack of concentration all that good stuff. Trying to stay off alcohol and pills is extremely difficult as they actually do provide temporary relief of the pain and I can relax somewhat. I just do not like the heavy buzz that goes along with them. Engaging the brain does also help if I'm really thinking about something else it is not so bad. I tried Grand Theft Auto Online and actually enjoyed it for quite a while before I broke my wrist slipping on ice, kinda weird hearing LITTLE kids who are WAY too young to be playing that game online but it is quite satisfying to hear them SQUEEK when I blow up their car with a missile from my jet! I have always enjoyed video games and this is one of the better offerings out there.

Tired of the cold, tired of the lies and tired of people making the SAME mistakes over and over with a PLETHORA of examples in place that would show them the correct course to the desired outcome!

Throw all that pain medication in the trash. I went down that road. They wanted to put me on time release morphine tablets when nothing else worked. I told the doctor no thank you, I stopped taking all pain medication. The doctors said I shouldn't I asked "will pain kill me?" the answer was "no, but..." It took maybe 6-8 weeks but I adjusted to the pain. Your outlook will be different once you get all that pain medication out of your system. I think the pain has helped me recover because it lets me know if I try to do to much. At first walking 50 feet was too much, but it gets better. I'll keep you in my prayers Bruce.

Read some of Louis's posts after the baseball coaching begins again for him!
Willie I know it's going to hurt, but it's worth it to be on the field with my boys. According to the doctors I am supposed to be dead and they told me I would never work again. Here it is over 10 years later and not only am I still kicking, but I am working again and loving it!

I take 12 pills a day for various problems, but no pain medication, not even over the counter pain medication. My medications work good for me, but I'm lucky in that I have never had any bad side affects from medications other than the narcotics and other synthetic pain medications. I asked the doctor about one new pain medication they gave me "how does it work?" the answer "we are not sure but we know it does" I can't remember the name but it was one of the ones that cause suicidal thoughts in some people, no thank you.

Say Joe & Others: Here's some info you might find useful Cinnamon has some extremely high curative properties that you should find very benefical and No Side Affects. Coupled with (Clover?) Honey it's beneficial effects are even greater!

https://draxe.com/health-benefits-cinnamon/

Check out the 13 different things in the list of it's curative properties.
- - -

Talks about relieving Arthritis pain. #6

http://www.organicauthority.com/health/11-health-benefits-of-cinnamon.html

Hope you find this helpful.
David S.

David I read that cinnamon can help with diabetes and my doctor confirmed it can help some people. Diet has a lot to do with my health, but with me it's wacky. If I eat to much vegetables, especially salads my pancreatitis flares up. Just the opposite for most people. If I eat too much red meat and cured meats my gout flares up. I eat a lot of fried chicken :) thank God my DNA gives me low cholesterol! I still eat hot dogs, hamburgers and I drink beer on the fourth of July. Nobody ever dies from gout.

Diet is something that is different for everybody I think, but there are things that can help. Hot tea with lots of honey is my go to medication if my boys have a sore throat.

I think we need more research into natural cures, but drug companies can't profit so I doubt it will happen.

Say Louis: Aren't you referring to, 'Nessie' the Lock Ness monster?
That was Chessie, the legendary sea monster of the Chesapeake Bay.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chessie_(sea_monster)

Good morning Everybody!

I did go back and look at the posts I missed, lots of great posts! This place is better than a magazine. Not only trains, we have auto mechanics, auto racing, other topics and humor to boot! On top of all of that it's free!!!

Now it's time to take my nearly 85 year old Mom to the grocery store. I am so lucky to have her. Our relationship was not good when I was young and for a long time we had no relationship. Now we get along good and I am blessed to have her. The moral of that story; don't hold grudges. No good will come from harboring hard feelings. We are all human and we all make mistakes. Forgiveness is even more beneficial for the forgiver.

God Bless us Everyone!

Less than 6 weeks until baseball begins!!!

ad-75-chevy.JPG

God Morning All. 59° and mostly cloudy right now; it's actually a bit hazy. Rain is forecast for today, but there is none on the radar for over 500 miles, the closest is over in New Mexico. Maybe tomorrow! We had a very nice day yesterday, with temperatures in the lower 70's, mostly sunny and virtually wind-free. That's basically the forecast for the next week except no rain after tomorrow morning. I think that I will warm up the chainsaw and start on next years heating supply.
Well, I couldn't go another week without building another structure. I started a very simple Bar Mills kit "Miracle Chair Co." It is a small kit that I actually had forgotten that I had.
https://www.barmillsmodels.com/inde...9&vmcchk=1&Itemid=999&redirected=1&Itemid=999
Yesterday, I did the bracing, primed and painted the walls and painted the windows and doors. In between, I ran trains.

Karl - By the way, I forgot to post about that excellent picture of the CSX train coming under the viaduct. Good shot. Did you take that one?
Joe - I totally agree with you on doctors. I finally had to see one in 2005 after going 35 years without stepping foot into any medical facility for myself. They did freak out (and so did I) about my BP of 205/140, so I started taking BP medication. Like a few others have posted, I don't do pain medication except for an occasional single Advil after a strenuous day. Maybe 6 times a year. Had a buddy who was prescribed 13 different medications (none for pain), and always felt bad. He quit taking all of them and felt better than he had in years. Told his doctor, who naturally flipped out and told him he was going to die (aren't we all), so he resumed them all and feels "blah" all of the time.
Sherrel - Try to stay as active as you can, that's the best remedy in my opinion. Ditch the TV and phone and get off your buns. Computer is good for visiting this forum and there are still some intellectual places on the Internet to visit.
Chet - Boy do I wish that I could work on cars as easily as you can. They are my Achilles Heel. Fortunately I know a professional "shade tree" mechanic that I can rely on. He gives us a discount because my wife does his taxes at a discount. Hmmm, I see that the race was postponed. Too bad...now you (and everyone else) will have to spend another day listening to the announcers repeat, repeat, repeat!
David - Thanks for the forewarning regarding "Tylick Tool". I actually haven't considered it because it is a bit on the expensive side and is outdated as far as industrial structures for me. I stick with the smaller residential and rural small business that I can justify still having on an 80's era layout.
Louis - I like your life philosophies.

OK, off to do something...I don't remember...age?
Everyone have a great day.

Willie

Good morning fellers. Hope everyone is well.
Willie thank you for sharing the information about the B&O feature in the March Model Railroader. I actually went to their site and come upon this: https://youtu.be/r1Uq0DeHcJ4
Makes me wanna go and switch my mine loadout now. Probably won't run trains today as I plan on doing up my structures at some point today. At least get a start on them.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Good morning !

Justin
... That is a great video of the B&O GP7 switching coal hoppers at the mine. The GP7 and the hoppers are nicely weathered, and the sound is great,

Louis .... Batter Up ! ... I'm still trying to get used to the Cubs finally winning the World Series.

Willie: I don't use pain medication either, other than occasional Acetaminophen. I take Meloxicam, a non steroid anti-inflammatory, that helps. Down side is that Meloxicam (Mobic) causes high blood pressure, and weight gain....and without any real change in lifestyle and eating habits, my weight has started creeping up since I went on Meloxicam.

Funny thing about all of this is I really don't have any restricted motion, except in my right wrist and hand, and that, so far is not insurmountable. The pain is not severe, just constantly present.
The big issue is that I drop things with increasing frequency, and my knees are increasingly wobbly, so it's becoming a matter of mobility, otherwise, I would avoid the docs.

Good morning. I' take a cup, black with a sweet roll.

Justin - Nice video, thanks for posting it. Really some nice detail.

Sure is a bi**h getting old, isn't it. Sounds like the "Geratol for lunch bunch" on here. I do feel fortunate because I don't have any continuing ailments, except for getting older. Can't see quite as well as a few years ago and sometimes it can be a bit harder to bend and making it a bit harder to do things that I took for granted.

Willie - I have been wrenching on cars since I was a kid, but I do prefer working on older cars and staying away from the modern cars with all of the electronics that are in them.

Later.

Chessie that is a great video, thank you for sharing it.

You reminded me of one of my most recent purchases.

Lionel O 6-84456 Gondola Set, Baltimore and Ohio (6-Car Set) It only cost me $89.99 + $5.40 sales tax. I felt like I was stealing!
LIO-6-84456-2.jpg

Another nice day in SE Wisconsin and we're enjoying April weather in February. We all know that Mother Nature will bring another major snow storm before Spring finally arrives.

On the computer and then down to the train room. I usually watch a short video before heading down to the trains to get inspired.

Thanks.

Greg

While I'm at it I'll show you what else I bought on my most recent stop at MB Klein.

Lionel O 6-82186 Tank Car, The Patriot #2015

LIO-6-82186-2.jpg

MTH Premier O 20-95156-7562 Flat Car with 48' Trailer, Baltimore & Ohio #7562
MTH-20-95156-7562-2.jpg

Louis .... Batter Up ! ... I'm still trying to get used to the Cubs finally winning the World Series.

Garry I can't wait to hear the umpire say that!!!

The World Champion Chicago Cubs; sounds like an episode of the twilight zone! I'm happy for all the devoted Cubs fans. I hope this is the year of the Orioles, 1983 is a long draught, but win or lose I love my birds!

The prognosticators are not predicting a good season for the birds, but neither did they pick the birds in 1966. We have lots of young live arms. If they can make the transition from thrower to pitcher we could win it all!

I think we need more research into natural cures, but drug companies can't profit so I doubt it will happen.
You might be surprised that I pretty much agree with this, conditionally. After all, at one time penicillin was a "natural cure." The key is research, scientific research, not folk tales and such.

Another thing to consider is that natural cures and preventatives such as cinnamon, red wine and an apple a day usually require sustained and steady use. Drinking pomegranate juice won't help prostate cancer after you've been diagnosed (personal experience).

OTOH, warm honey (I prefer warm mead) will help, not cure, a sore throat. Personally, I think it's the heat more than the honey that does it, but I like mead. Aloe can sooth a sunburn, but I never had much luck with witch hazel easing an itch.

So, how do you guys post videos? I have no trouble uploading photos, but videos keep suffering "network error."

My favorite natural cure for a cold

Hot Tea with lemon, honey, and bourbon. drink it down fast, soon you will fall asleep and wake up later covered in sweat but feeling better. :D

So, how do you guys post videos? I have no trouble uploading photos, but videos keep suffering "network error."

Select video, copy address, Select insert video icon, paste, upload, watch!

[video=youtube;9ADIzq8M77A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ADIzq8M77A&t=12s[/video]

Works for me!

Select video, copy address, Select insert video icon, paste, upload, watch!

[video=youtube;9ADIzq8M77A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ADIzq8M77A&t=12s[/video]

Works for me!
Must be cause I'm trying it from my phone.

Back