Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXI

If it means you can get off the tools and still get well paid, it'd be an opportunity not to be missed.

Morning,
45 and some clouds. Heading to 75 later.
I'm so beet already.
Almost got 9 sleep last night and don't feel like a slept a bit.
E.

Good morning. 27 degrees with a bit of snow that came down over night.

Had a nice chat with Eric last night. Looks like he's getting as much done on this layout as I am. Nothing. I am hoping for a quite weekend so I can get started on a few projects but there's always Murphy hiding out somewhere.

Joe - Are you getting used to the new ride. Nice truck.

Bob - a promotion maybe. Hope things work out for you.

Things are slow in the trucking industry and we let a dispatcher go so now I have to spend more time working in the office instead of working from home. Don't really care for office work.

Good Morning, 32 and cloudy. Water everywhere, some is in the form of snow, and under that saturated ground!! No floods, though, thankfully!

Dave - Wow, 10" of potential snow at your place and it's 77 degrees here. Not trying to rub it in, I'm just amazed. We get our extremes in July-August with triple-digit temps for extended periods of time.

Willie

We ended up with about 6 inches but it is almost pure water. It took me an hour to shovel a pretty small driveway. On the bright side, I could hear the robins chirping while shoveling!

Had a nice chat with Eric last night. Looks like he's getting as much done on this layout as I am. Nothing. I am hoping for a quite weekend so I can get started on a few projects but there's always Murphy hiding out somewhere.

Things are slow in the trucking industry and we let a dispatcher go so now I have to spend more time working in the office instead of working from home. Don't really care for office work.

Chet-- My layout work goes in fits and stops. Sometimes I just want to put trains on the track and run them...That counts too, right?

As far as the office work, it is tough when you are used to moving around. I spent most of my life on my feet and now I am mostly on my butt, especially in the winter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning fellers. A nice brisk 52° outside right now with plenty of sun. Have a trip to Staunton,VA to see family this weekend so no trains. Have to finish my axle seal job on the bronco here in a few and get her off the stands.

Justin

David - I would say that it counts. I have gone down into the train room with all good intentions of doing something on the layout and end up running trains. When I'm working on the layout, I will usually pull up the drop down bridge that I have for my hidden staging area and let a train run continuously but before I know it, I start doing some switching instead of working on the project I came down to work on. Maybe I have ADD.

WILLIE- Most of FLA. is a peninsula and was under water for millions of years. CURT has the same problem altho his is many times worse. I only have the ONE tree while CURT has ten or more to contend with. We spoke of it after he got taught a lesson on PRR signal bridges. Darn, but Jon is one heck of a modeler.

Phil

Thanks for the encouragement guys. It is something that I'm going to find out more about, especially the pay and benefits. It could mean a, hopefully, small pay cut for a short time period. It's what I'll have to find out. That and how my retirement benefits would be affected.

Best part of it would be getting off the tools, after all, I'm not getting any younger. It would mean a huge shift in my little world but one I think I could do. Time will tell.

Is this an hourly position or is it more like first-level supervision? Either way, it seems like a good opportunity. Good luck with it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Good evening,
Never even got the chance to check in this morning.
It was rush rush rush from the moment I got up. That set me to a foul mood immediately.
I wasn't the only one. Larry was also kind of pissy. He had something personal to deal with so he gets a pass because I've been there also. I already had my work cut out so I just went about my business like I knew what I was doing - mostly because I do. ;)
So I just kept to myself for the most part and stayed with it all day.
That smoothed me out and the day passed fairly decently. Larry got a call just as we were about to leave so he got into a rush rush mode and was a little pissy again. Apparently he's a lot like me and doesn't like being rushed.
But things got better. We stopped at my local liquor store and they're always happy to see me come in strapped up. The main dude always packs his Glock as well and we've been knowing each other for years anyhow. Always fun to catch customers looking though - I have to admit. :cool:
About 1/2 mile more to the drop-off at my house and there's a box at my door.
Way too early for my MBK order and Terry hasn't sent me a tracking number yet.
It was something that was b/o'd a couple months ago that I forgot all about!

Well, I had Justin's "By God" moment when I opened it up to see my Big Boy in the box!
Just a plastic model kit - but "by God" I finally got me a Big Boy!!!

....and... why doesn't my image uploader work now????
Time for a reboot I guess.
E.

Try the image now....
Ok.... what F>>>????

Well, this just honks me off big time.
This happened once before. The problem came out of no where, lasted a couple days or a week and went back to normal for no apparent reason nor any settings or adjustments on my account.
:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Evening All,

Met with Phil and Jon today. Jon gave me some really good info on wiring the targets and some modeling tips when putting together the bridge. He is in the process of putting together 8 of them for another Pennsy modeler. After getting home I ordered a spool of magnet wire. This will be a 3 part project. Part 1-Build the bridge, Part 2- Wire the bridge and testing and finally Part 3- Hookup to logic board and testing.

I need to get caught up on previous posts.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good evening y'all.

Chet: I am really enjoying my truck. I really like the way it handles, and I love the 5.0L V8. I'm exploring some of the features, I finally checked under the hood. :rolleyes:

Curt: Best of luck wiring that signal bridge. I'm not sure I could do that. Once you get it to where you want it it's going to be awesome.

We had some personal products to drop off to the MIL at the assisted living facility where she resides. While there, she related how her therapist held out little hope that she could ever leave her wheel chair and walk. After discussing this and some documentation from Medicare, she got up and walked with the assistance of a walker. She even shocked and surprised the care team, and her fellow residents. She actually walked around the facility using the walker. Great news. Major change from what we found back in late November. Now that she knows she can do this without falling, I expect she will continue her recovery.:)

If the weather holds, I plan on doing a little yard work tomorrow.

Good evening shoppe dwellers!

This may be my last opportunity to post here until Sunday evening. I'm heading up with a local friend to Malvern, PA, for the 2016 Railway Prototype Modelers Meet. Even though I'm bringing my laptop with me, I probably won't have internet because my wireless adapter is malfunctioning, and the hotel rooms do not have ethernet ports. And I don't have a "smart" phone (can't afford the extra $65/month data plan). So I'll be bringing plenty of reading material for in between exhibits and clinics.

I odn't have time to address any of you by name, sorry about that - it's 11:40pm and I've got to get some sleep so I don't nod-off behind the wheel during the drive to Philly!:eek:

Have a great weekend y`all!

Good early morning - again,
Yeah, I'm up again. Not for long hopefully.
Woke up dreaming about trim work.
Probably do a couple crosswords and lay back down.
53 heading to 72 today.
E.

Good Morning Everyone. 57 degrees with overcast skies this morning. Supposed to rain again today, yesterday's rain didn't pan out to much...about 5 minutes of mixed rain and hail which barely got things wet. Continued to do detail work in the train shed, painted some more track before ballasting. I've been testing it for two months before I go further.
Chet - It's a shame that you have to do more time in the office. At least it wasn't you that they let go. I never cared for office work even though I did it for most of the last 25 years. At least I could get up and go walk through the plants or around the parking lots for a change of pace.
Eric - Maybe your computer has liberal leanings and doesn't like you posting gun pictures. I am only kidding of course, I live in Texas and Second Amendment and open carry are like a religion over here.
Joe - That's good news about your MIL.
Curt - Sounds like a good team you have there with Phil & Jon.
All right, time to head to the train shed.
Everyone have a wonderful Friday.

Willie

Interesting. 3° cooler than it was checked in earlier.
It's now 46 and cloudy. 20% chance a rain
Suppose rain and be significantly cooler tomorrow though.
Come on train orders!!!!
Of course I could always mess with those trees I've been putting off - unintentionally.
E.

Good Morning, 26 and cloudy. A little ice on the roads this morning, just about had to hit the ditch because a school had stopped in the middle of a steep hill. Judging by the tracks in the snow a lot of people were unable to control their vehicles going down the hill.

Headed for 37 today.

We had some personal products to drop off to the MIL at the assisted living facility where she resides. While there, she related how her therapist held out little hope that she could ever leave her wheel chair and walk. After discussing this and some documentation from Medicare, she got up and walked with the assistance of a walker. She even shocked and surprised the care team, and her fellow residents. She actually walked around the facility using the walker. Great news. Major change from what we found back in late November. Now that she knows she can do this without falling, I expect she will continue her recovery.:)

Sounds like a miracle. Maybe she just needed some motivation?

I wonder if you could translate your signature for me? борис циник

Big E--I am waiting on three packages from different retailers. The bad thing is, I can't remember exactly what I ordered. I guess it is keeping me from ordering anything new until I see what I already have. If that makes any sense.

I have been spoiled by some pretty good ebay vendors that put the package in the mail the next day!

more later

Back