Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVII

Evening All,

Made a trip to the local hobby shop and picked up a container of W/S Foam Tack Glue. After getting home my son and I got some more decorating stuff out. Tomorrow our two grandsons are on a float for their school in the local community Christmas parade and I may end up at the club later or I might stay and watch the SEC championship game although I know that the Gators will most likely be trounced.

NG- I made my own foam engine cradle from a block of foam from a craft store. If you are looking for graphite sticks I recommend a art supply store.

Garry- Very nice photo.

From my diesel servicing facility

20151204_125224_zps8kad92ii.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Hiya gang!

On the Railzip....its 7-8 bucks an ounce....ATF is 7 bucks A QUART! Labelle oil are plastic safe, Dexron ATF Fluid is plastic safe (lots of plastic parts in modern transmissions) with a similar price differential. Graphite in the coupler boxes, ATF on the rails and locos, and 25 years without a lubricant related failure. I think I still have the same bottle of ATF!
My 2cents

MM_300_COOP.jpg

Chet, Terry, and Curt ... Thanks for commenting about my photo with the livestock trailer.

Karl ... Your photo looks terrific.

Curt ... The loco servicing photo looks great.

I've been real busy with outside stuff but at the same time getting my Station completed. I posted these in my layout thread but thought I'd post in coffee shop as well.

DSCF4221_zpsjduk2e7o.png

DSCF4217_zpspvwgc4ne.png

DSCF4219_zpsb9tluxlc.png

DSCF4222_zps08fvhxcc.png

DSCF4223_zpsabiy9ncj.png

Good evening Rail Setters & Spike drivers,
Hi Francine & Flo, How is everything down here at Jeffreys' Dinner, it looks busy alright, that's good.

Things are on the cooler side although today was fairly nice. Lets check WW - it's Clear at 42.4 °F - Feels Like 38 °F. Actually at my place it is about 38 °F so it could snow? but they say 0% chance of precipitatiion;
Winds are from East at 6.8 mph;
The Barometer is at 31.25 in/Hg;
Humidity is at 91%:

Yesterday my RR buddy Joe brought over another half Cord of Manzanita and some Oak so we unloaded that and then cut up a down tree I had with his Sthil chain saw, we tried and couldn't get my McColloch Timber Bear chain saw started, as it has sat for the last 8 years without any use, so this old guy got a bit of a workout yesterday.

Lynn: Very nice job on your Cougar Flat's Station, you've completed yours and I have a lot of detail to add to my Horseshoe Meadow Depot. I had mine partial constructed but the lower section wasn't closed off in the freight dock corner near the ticket agents office and I had a mouse trying to set up house in there as I found branches, Caspia, he broke off a Pine tree I had near by and had pulled them in through that opening. That gave me incentive to close it off! Also I had no windows due to the fact a buddy gave me the reverse section of walls which I built my station from. He never did finish his and gave me the castings so I finally had the window frames to install. I don't know how your kit was but I had to do a considerable amount of filing with a good quality diamond finger nail file to get all but one window castings to fit in.
I see a couple of things, on your Cougar Flat Station, such as the heavy beams to support the tall roof trusses, which I didn't add although I don't thing my old plan even shows them but those trusses are very heavy and certainly would require heavy supports. You've also added the signal which I need to do as well roof rafters and the trusses. Also the ticket agent's sign, I'll bet the hanging wire was fun to add.

Thanks for the incentive.

Hi David it would have been nice to build our stations at the same time, as you know the instructions are not the best. The signal setup was something I didn't enjoy especially with my fumbly fingers but I kept at it. I hate starting something and not finishing. Let me know if there's any way I can help you with yours.

...I've got 'enuuuuf' (LOL!) locos and rollers to keep me happy for now.....

You....wait....what!? There's no such thing, as enough locos or rollers....buy, buy, buy, buy!!
....which is why I've got five RS-3's and six RSD-4/5's!...and still looking for more, just because of:

IMG_20151205_061322.jpg
Photo by Bill Johnson

IMG_20151205_062251.jpg

I need to stop looking for rebuilds, besides those that I already know of! lol

D&H RS-3u, Milwaukee Road RSC-25 (2.5) and the CN SWeep....should keep me shop stewards busy for a while!

Looks like I'm the opener this morning. It's 36 degrees and clear here today in North Texas. The stars, moon and Venus look great outside. Looking to get into the lower 60's here again today. Yesterday I built a couple of Accurail PS 4750 Santa Fe covered hoppers but the camera battery was dead so I haven't gotten any pictures yet. These newer Accurail models are a lot more than "shake-the-box" kits, with some good end detailing. I originally bought 16 of them and have 8 left to go. Santa Fe never bought one of anything. Besides the four unique numbers that Accurail offers, for $4 more they will send you a decaling kit with 12 additional numbers that match their paint and font exactly. Today it will be mostly yard work as it has almost dried out from last weekends rain of 8+ inches.
montanan - Well spoken.
new guy - Looking forward to your ideas and "the plan".
Karl - Great modeling and photo.

Willie

Good morning. 67*f already and going up to 74*f, partly cloudy with chance of showers.
Constantly awed by the quality of the models shown here. Now we have Lynn to add to our growing list of posters.
Chet- How close to LOGAN PASS are you ?

Phil

You....wait....what!? There's no such thing, as enough locos or rollers....buy, buy, buy, buy!!
....which is why I've got five RS-3's and six RSD-4/5's!...and still looking for more, just because of:

View attachment 54268
Photo by Bill Johnson

View attachment 54269

I need to stop looking for rebuilds, besides those that I already know of! lol

D&H RS-3u, Milwaukee Road RSC-25 (2.5) and the CN SWeep....should keep me shop stewards busy for a while!

Yea, no problem , I'll just reach into my magic bag of endless money and, oh, right, no such thing. I'll just have to be happy with the measly 12 loco's and 100 rollers I already have! LOL! I need a better track set up and 'group my poop' before I expand the fleet again. No point in pulling crap cars with wheels that will not turn on a sweet track plan! Wheels are the bugaboo right now, most of the coupler issues are height related so that is all fixable with what I have on hand(washers). I'll be in a 'putz' mode tweaking a few things before the next 'ahnshlus'!

Good morning fellers. Beautiful morning here in West Virginia. Have some frost and a lot of sun! Time to get the coffee going and do some layout work.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Good morning, everybody .

Lynn ... Your station is fabulous.

MILW 113 ... Alcos can be addicting. ... You may have to join Alco Anonymous if you keep that up. ;)

Morning coffee shop dwellers. Its 42 here, clear as usual - sun's not quite over the mountains as we speak. Supposed to get to mid 70's today and possibly reach low 80's first of the week.

Curt, Karl, Lynn, Garry, Chet ... everyone! Modeling and photos have me dribbling coffee this morning because I can't keep my mouth closed looking at all the posts and pictures.

Karl .. I have to ask: What is a cracker box cab? PS .. Garry, that stock trailer is the cat's meow!

Warning, as Arnold said, "I'll be back". Lots to do today for the Mrs.

Well my layout work plans have been put on the back burner until later today. Have to finish cleaning up the old place today and run some errands. Also need to take inventory of my tool box before I hit the shop floor for Pepsi next week.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Morning, all! 42 and clouds. For December, I'll take it.
Have the wife's Christmas party tonight. Should be fun, it's at a bowling alley.
Can't keep up with all the great vids and photos! Keep them coming!!
So I'm working on the layout. Out of earth colored paint. And the right color/ blend of ground foam. I really wanted to get this area moving along:

004_zpswlbwd6mv.jpg

I've used pot toppers before but have to order them online. Can't find them around here. And a pack of three 8" toppers is pricey with the shipping. Plus they're round. A brand new Hobby Lobby opened in Rice Lake ( about 20 miles south) and they had this stuff:

005_zpssjti6kcw.jpg

It's the same texture as pot toppers, but the size I tried was 20"x20" square. Plus, no gluing and getting crap all over your hands. Just cut to size, peel and stick. The adhesive is real tacky and bonded well over bare drywall mud, painted surfaces and even where I had ground foam down.

006_zps4frzcu8r.jpg

008_zpstinzmaw3.jpg

This area will be covered in trees, so I'm not too worried about looks. And why waste pricey scenery products where they'll get covered up anyway. In the last photo to the left in the woods is probably 3-4 shaker bottles of fine earth, blended green, soil ground foam,coarse ground foam etc. I can't really see it after the first inch in or so.

Well, back to the basement!

Terry in NW Wisconsin

Terry in WI: Where did you get that stuff?
Wish I would have known about it 8 or 9 months ago!!
How much comes in a package and how much did it cost?
E.

Back