Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVI

Morning Everyone ... It's starting this morning off at 57 degrees - expected high of 87 today. It was a very chipper 77 high yesterday with very little wind - very nice.

I'm no closer to finishing the painting than I was yesterday. Had several other projects which had to be taken care of first.

Joe, You just reminded me that I too have fasting blood work to take care of - so will plan on that tomorrow as I am already on my second cup of coffee this morning. Also have a scan to schedule ... seems as if I have developed a hernia, but I can't remember doing anything that would have caused it. Seems like just one thing after another. Getting sort of tired of doctors all the time.

More later .. gotta get going or I will accomplish nothing again. Hope all of you have a good day.

Anyone want to come get a tracheostomy with me this Thursday?
Probably a feeding tube in the near future.
My life sucks. :(

Afternoon All,

Son made it home last night around 10 PM from his convention. Today he is running errands then he will help me bag up the branches from the hedges I trimmed and carry some old dilapidated lawn furniture (heavy) to the curb for bulk pickup tomorrow.

Sherrel- Beautiful looking door.

Joe- Oh, I know exactly what you mean. It's not unusual for me to make a prior plan before a project and then change it a couple of times because I don't like it. Interesting photos.

Terry- Nice video.

Louis- Nice looking loco. I thing that I like about Lionel is the size and heft of their products.

Chet- Nice picture.

BigE- Although I understand why you will need a Tracheostomy and a feeding tube, you are right that it really does suck. I think of you often and pray for your improved health at the end of all your treatment.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Have to run to town so I though I would post a couple of photos, an overall view of my town of Logan.

IMAG0879.jpg IMAG0880.jpg

Catch you later.

Good afternoon fellow 'Spike Drivers & Engineers',

Hi Flo & Francine, how is everything going this afternoon here at Jeffreys' Dinner? Just some Coffee Flo and a Apple Fritter.

Lets see what WW has to report?

Elev 1677 ft 37.21 °N, 119.72 °W | Updated 2 minutes ago
Partly Cloudy at 91.4 °F - Feels Like 89 °F;
Winds are Variable from NNW at 7.8 mph;

Today again, no extended forecast;
Pressure 29.84 in
Visibility 10.0 miles
Clouds Few 10,000 ft
Heat Index 89 °F
Dew Point 52 °F
Humidity 26%
Rainfall 0.00 in

RR = = = = =

I finally realized what the problem is that I thought I was having with my transformer, hand throttle &/or sending unit. As many of you know the majority of my Old Time Loco's are Steam and indeed that's what I had been running when testing when I was having the problems. As stated I could get the loco up to just a barely acceptable speed but it didn't seem to have any real uumph to it. Well, as it turned out, the old loco's for the most part, need to have their boiler tubes replaced and or cylinders replaced due to pressure leaks!! No wonder there was so much escaping pressure noise. So now it seems I have a bunch of near, Bone Yard Relics to contend with!! Just Great and at the point of least revenue too! Well at least I have the time to try and get them repaired.

Think I'll head over to the Moonshine Still to drown my problems. Oh hell, even that's not functional !! What's going on around this place?? LoL

I hope everyone has a very sober and enjoyable day, week, month & year!!

Sherrel my wife says I talk to much about my prescriptions, tests and other medical necessities, but If I talk about my trains she looks at me with a blank stare.

E it was good to talk to yo today, you are one tough SOB. Keep on keeping on.

Curt I really like that "size and heft" I'm using that, I am not even asking. :), but I will say thank you!

Chet, thanks for the photos! I love them, keep them coming. I know they are inspiring many others who see them, but don't comment. That goes for many layouts I have seen on this forum.

Trussrod you sound like many a railroad tycoon from the first century. Hang on the railroad economy will pick up and you will be roiling in revenue.

Afternoon all, Spent the morning planning a through the wall air conditioner, this one is 18K and runs on 240 volts. I probably won't install it until next spring but I want to have everything I need and as much advise as I can get.

Eric- Like Red Green always says "keep your stick on the ice, we're rooting for you"

David- your operation sounds like mine, on a severe shoestring, even my newest locomotive is 20 years old. The railroad management has budget cuts due to the weak dollar and poor revenue results.

I did manage to assemble a few bents on my trestle.

IMG_1819.jpg

Time to load up MOH and attend a meeting this evening.

Mel

Louis, I'll swap your blank stare for the active disinterest I get.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well .. Made Doctor appointment tomorrow morning to go along with the blood draw. Just discovered last night and confirmed today that I now have a hernia to tend too. Damn it!
Will see what the Doctor says tomorrow about it.

I did manage to complete the second side panel on the left + the door hinges. Just my luck trying to spray with the left hand and overspray got on the door ... will have to touch up later as I am sure I will probably make more mistooks. I had to stop because the door faces West and the sun is brutal in the afternoon. Will have to try and do those panels on the right early in the morning before noon.
View attachment 58526

Nice pic CHET .. Never get tired of looking at your layout - beautifully done!

More trolley pics, JOE!

Saying a prayer for you, ERIC. You have a hard row to hoe!

Good evening.

Afternoon all, Spent the morning planning a through the wall air conditioner, this one is 18K and runs on 240 volts. I probably won't install it until next spring but I want to have everything I need and as much advise as I can get.

Eric- Like Red Green always says "keep your stick on the ice, we're rooting for you"

David- your operation sounds like mine, on a severe shoestring, even my newest locomotive is 20 years old. The railroad management has budget cuts due to the weak dollar and poor revenue results.

I did manage to assemble a few bents on my trestle.

View attachment 58525

Time to load up MOH and attend a meeting this evening.

Mel

Mel: That's about it alright, along with an engineer that can't seem to keep his mind on what he doing and all too often screws up like when he left the stand pipe plug running to fill the tender while having coffee here at the Dinner and eyeing the waitresses and talking to everyone only to learn the tender was not only full but he let so much extra water run the ties were sinking in the Mudd! I don't know, the help you get now-a-days is really bad!

Sherrel my wife says I talk to much about my prescriptions, tests and other medical necessities, but If I talk about my trains she looks at me with a blank stare.

E it was good to talk to yo today, you are one tough SOB. Keep on keeping on.

Curt I really like that "size and heft" I'm using that, I am not even asking. :), but I will say thank you!

Chet, thanks for the photos! I love them, keep them coming. I know they are inspiring many others who see them, but don't comment. That goes for many layouts I have seen on this forum.

Trussrod you sound like many a railroad tycoon from the first century. Hang on the railroad economy will pick up and you will be roiling in revenue.

Louis: That's what I keep trying to tell them but down & down it goes.

MEL ... It's a good thing you stopped when you did -- you are installing your bents upside down!

Sharrel: They're upside down?? Your kidding! And here I thought he just had a narrow area to fit them in!

Sherrel- Sure glad you told me, I coulda made a big mistake LOL

Mel

Mel: You sure could have fooled me till Sherrel piped up!

Sorry for the double post, don't know what happened.

Mel

Mel: Go to the bottom of the second post and click on the edit tab and tell it to delete that post. It seems to happen to me all the time too for some unknown reason too.

Believe it or not it also happened with this post too!! LoL No Fooling!! Unbelieveable!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting development with a Hong Kong seller of iPhone4 speakers. Listing said "more than 10 available", 99c ea,(AU$1:31), free postage international. I messaged him through eBay (I have learned this to be the only way to safely deal with ebay sellers), asking if he could supply 25 (thought I'd make it a decent order and maybe supply club members if they wanted any too). Got a message back saying he could, so I replied "please send an invoice". Now I know he can do this and through ebay so as to keep everything above board with them.

I waited about 3 days without response, so I went ahead and completed a 'Buy it Now' with the quantity required and payed via Paypal.

A couple of hours later I get a message from him asking for my Paypal a/cc, so I reply to tell him I've just done the purchase through ebay.

Message received a short time ago saying. Purchase done through ebay, 20% more required.

This will be the first dispute I have ever needed with ebay/Paypal, and it will be to cancel the purchase with a full refund for dishonesty on the part of the seller. I have no wish to enter into any further dealings with him at all.

Have just got off the phone to ebay (as there is nothing on their dispute or any other pages to cover a written complaint on an issue like this) and they assure me they will be in contact with the seller to find out what the hell he thinks he's up to (or I hope that's what they will do, futilely no doubt). I've authorised them to view the messages sent and received and told them that I have absolutely no wish to have any contact or dealings with the seller, just a cancellation of the purchase and full refund. I can't believe this guys gall.

Back