Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning All. Foggy and 63° to start our day. Looking at a high today of 81°, that was what it was supposed to get to yesterday, but fell short a few degrees, no complaints. Sunny this afternoon and tomorrow before clouds return Wednesday and thunderstorms return Thursday. Seems like most of our Coffee Shop patrons had some precipitation over the weekend.

Of course nothing dried up yesterday, although there was no standing water left in the afternoon. While I may be able to do some minor chores outside today, it's still too wet for mowing or gardening. Looks like the indoor "honey do" list will kick in.

No real time out in the train shed yesterday, so I just ran a few trains for a while.
Back to the archives once again with some more pictures of structures waiting for me to start the next segment of layout building.
07-25-16.1 007.JPG

07-25-16.1 008.JPG

09-03-20 007.JPG
05-03-19 004.JPG

Grizzled - That club looks familiar, I think that it's the one that Chet started going to a few years before he moved to Libby.
Guy - Every kid had a slingshot when I was growing up. But the biggest collections were in the desk drawers of the nuns in our Catholic elementary school.
Sherrel - Good luck with the PET scan this morning. I hope that the results are positive.
Swal -
I know Willie would do this job in the middle of winter but he's a better man than I
I'm not better than anyone else, I just have different perspectives. Sodding here takes place in February.
Troy -
Did you know that Gov Abbot in Texas... nevermind.
Let me finish that statement for you. He was a justice for the Texas Supreme Court for 8 years in the 90's before being elected Texas Attorney General. After his three terms (12 years) as Attorney General, he has now been elected Governor three times and will be seeking a fourth term.
Tom O -
The protesters in the news lately! Does any of this remind you guys/gals of the late 60’s and early 70’s protesting on campus?
To some extent yes. But the demeanor this time has changed. It seems that hatred is involved this time. I'll leave it at that.

Dale Earnhart would have been 73 today if tragedy had not struck. Willie Nelson turns 91 today, he seems to still be puffing along.
Everyone have a great day.

Good Morning All. Foggy and 63° to start our day. Looking at a high today of 81°, that was what it was supposed to get to yesterday, but fell short a few degrees, no complaints. Sunny this afternoon and tomorrow before clouds return Wednesday and thunderstorms return Thursday. Seems like most of our Coffee Shop patrons had some precipitation over the weekend.

Of course nothing dried up yesterday, although there was no standing water left in the afternoon. While I may be able to do some minor chores outside today, it's still too wet for mowing or gardening. Looks like the indoor "honey do" list will kick in.

No real time out in the train shed yesterday, so I just ran a few trains for a while.
Back to the archives once again with some more pictures of structures waiting for me to start the next segment of layout building.
View attachment 186753
View attachment 186754
View attachment 186755View attachment 186756

Grizzled - That club looks familiar, I think that it's the one that Chet started going to a few years before he moved to Libby.
Guy - Every kid had a slingshot when I was growing up. But the biggest collections were in the desk drawers of the nuns in our Catholic elementary school.
Sherrel - Good luck with the PET scan this morning. I hope that the results are positive.
Swal -

I'm not better than anyone else, I just have different perspectives. Sodding here takes place in February.
Troy -

Let me finish that statement for you. He was a justice for the Texas Supreme Court for 8 years in the 90's before being elected Texas Attorney General. After his three terms (12 years) as Attorney General, he has now been elected Governor three times and will be seeking a fourth term.
Tom O -

To some extent yes. But the demeanor this time has changed. It seems that hatred is involved this time. I'll leave it at that.
Willie, I was still 16 checking out the demonstrations and protests in Chicago in 8/1968 when I got hit by a Billy club and arrested. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time! On the ride home after being booked dad asked me, “what the F were you thinking”. The only time I remember dad ever swearing.

Chicago that Summer was violent and nasty. I still get a chill whenever we drive by Grant Park.

We have a peaceful ??? protest in Madison today and they are thinking of restricting campus access to those with Student ID. Turns out last week’s arrests over 90% were not students but outsiders

Hope the homestead drys out more for your gardening…

Troy -

That actually had zero to do with the theme I was posting about on the book of faces, but it is interesting.

Willie half of the time on the last 2 fifty story buildings we did were in the winter months. The 38 floor put you about the mountains. I can remember the Osha guy coming around with his turbine to test the wind chill on the 38 floor. He told us it's 18 below 0 wind chill on the floor I was working on and it wasn't going to get any warmer on the 12 floors we had left to do. I had 2 more years of this before I could retire. That was 13 years ago, and I haven't done any work in the cold weather since. Other than shoving the driveway.
Swal

My Dad could make the most awesome ones ... today it's sort of hard to make one from a radial tire.
When I was about 7yrs old, I discovered that putting a rock into the end of a 2' plastic tube, and swinging it toward the enemy was far superior to the slingshot. That evil bunch on the next block never stood a chance of holding the tree fort, once I figured that out.

Morning folks

The day started off clear but Chicken Little must have intervened as it looks like things are building up for a sky fall. I got my sister and brother in laws off to the airport this morning. It was a nice visit.

Willie: " - That club looks familiar, I think that it's the one that Chet started going to a few years before he moved to Libby."
That depot was built by the Northern Pacific in 1902 and was way more elaborate than a town the size of Livingston would normally rate but it was the transfer site to the line south to Gardiner and Yellowstone Park, the tourist traffic of which the NP had a monopoly on until the UP completed their branch into West Yellowstone in 1907.

Chet was probably there every year as it, and the swap in Helena, are the only events I'm aware of in this state. It has almost always been a bit of a model railroad desert. The last hobby shop in Bozeman that catered to model railroading was Coffee's Hobby Shop on South Wilson and that disappeared in the mid 60's when he retired. The only other decent hobby shop was Jim's Junction in Billings and it too is now history.

Afternoon All,

Started out the day with chauffer duties driving Dad to a VA appointment. Two new medications and a short time frame steroid for airway inflammation. Nothing critical, but while sitting waiting a stroke alert was called in the ER.:( After getting home I cleared the area on the layout, drilled a hole for the wiring and placed the tower on the layout. Tomorrow, I will hook it up electrically. Last night on the way to bed I connected the wiring to a battery and there were no light leaks. Win.:)

Thanks to everyone on the photo likes yesterday.

Swal- Nice looking yard. Thats a d**n (I wanted to use a stronger word) shame about how the financial works out.

Karl- I'm always up for a Pink Floyd song or 6.

Bill- Neat car.

AemJaYstrains- Beautiful scenery.

TomO- That was the first thing I thought when I saw the protestors. Too bad they don't seem to care about Hamas murdering people that started this. I wonder how the US would react to an over the border from a foreign state supported terrorist attack. My guess is it would get very ugly very quickly.

Willie- Great buildings and details.

Terry- Condolences to you on the loss of your wife.

Tower on the layout.

20240429_125411.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Afternoon all,

Back in the office and glad to be back.

Had a visit with the shoulder Dr this morning. The bicep tear may not be repaired as it will be more cosmetic than actually a problem at my age. I am scheduled for an MRI next week. The opposite shoulder has what he thinks is a rotator cuff tear and will need to be repaired. He thinks I aggravated it since I'm favoring my left arm after the bicep tear. A 2nd MRI the same day. That will determine when I get the knee replaced as the shoulder wakes me up at night, but not so much the knee.

Afternoon all,

Back in the office and glad to be back.

Had a visit with the shoulder Dr this morning. The bicep tear may not be repaired as it will be more cosmetic than actually a problem at my age. I am scheduled for an MRI next week. The opposite shoulder has what he thinks is a rotator cuff tear and will need to be repaired. He thinks I aggravated it since I'm favoring my left arm after the bicep tear. A 2nd MRI the same day. That will determine when I get the knee replaced as the shoulder wakes me up at night, but not so much the knee.
In all seriousness can you come take my MRI!

Even with medication ( lorazepam) to calm me I hate hate that tunnel. Even the open MRI’s scare me. My anxiety has kicked up so much worrying about that machine I have put off scheduling it since the doctor told me she needed another scan to see if anything has spread… that was in January.

Then after the MRI confirms what we already know. Surgery then they need me on the low sodium diet for a few weeks prior to the radiation start. Then another MRi while radiated! I need to get over the fear and do it, but…

In all seriousness can you come take my MRI!

Even with medication ( lorazepam) to calm me I hate hate that tunnel. Even the open MRI’s scare me. My anxiety has kicked up so much worrying about that machine I have put off scheduling it since the doctor told me she needed another scan to see if anything has spread… that was in January.

Then after the MRI confirms what we already know. Surgery then they need me on the low sodium diet for a few weeks prior to the radiation start. Then another MRi while radiated! I need to get over the fear and do it, but…
I hate going into the tunnel too ,mainly cuz once I get in and the thing starts, I have this incredible urge that I need to go pee!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back