Running Bear's April 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all .. trying this from the smart phone with the dumb guy. Spent a couple hours on the C & PS yesterday doing some scenery work. Took a few pics with the phone of the layout, only partial real estate coverage.

Attachments

• IMG_20190423_160918.jpg
    IMG_20190423_160918.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 164
Dave: In the photo you posted there's a marker post with the number 2. That exactly what I need to mark the turnouts in the Saxeville Interchange even having the turnouts' positions indicated by signals. I need posts #1 to #9. The Interchange is just below eye level so its difficult to see the turnouts and the guys don't like running locomotives in this area. I already have the control panel toggle switches marked, but the turnouts are next. I would mount the markers near the turnouts to assist the engineers.

Later.

Greg

#######################

Hi Greg,

My layout was a DC and I had it divided into 6 or so blocks and had them marked with the mile markers for convenience, and so I could remember exactly where the insulated joiners were

Ok guyz, liked the photos, Chet nailed it starting out with B&O E8 #94 at Jersey City, then including Bennett Levin's PRR E-8s leading a Private Car train. The Q and NP passengers look great, as does Sherrel's PA powered San Diegan? I can't help it I like passenger trains.;)

Greg. Nice weather beaten SOO Cabin car. as well as Dave's Geep at MP 2, Willie, it's gonna look good.

Boris

Good Morning. 44 degrees to start off the day and we should make it up into the 60's again by this afternoon. Didn't check in yesterday. Went to Billings and did stop by the hobby shop there, but as usual, they did not have what I needed and offered to special order it. Not an option.

Got the bill from the hospital yesterday. I dreaded opening it but when I did, I almost fell over. The hospital alone was just over $41,000 but with my Blue Cross supplement, all I was responsible for was $350. Time for a bit of whiskey to celebrate.

Karl - Those WM Alco units really look good.

Jim - Good photos of a construction site. You're making progress it seems.

Terry - How long do you think the new lap top will last before your past history with computers catch up with you?? View attachment 36237 Murphy could be lurking again. Lock the doors.

Justin - More nice photos.

Willie - Excellent photos again. Like the people working in the garden.

Johnny - Enjoy seeing your town scenes. Looks good.

Chuck - That GP unit is coming along nicely. Excellent weathering. Nice plow. I have watched a number of videos of plows in action. What a hoot.

Joe - I am going to have to agree with your editorial. I have noticed the same thing. Sad but true.

Curt - That M-1 is beautiful. View attachment 36238

Beady - Interesting photos.

Dave - Nice photo

I'll probably head down to the train room and get things together for the train show and operating session Saturday. I noticed that a few freight cars have a slight wobble to them.

Time for some photos. Here are my favorite F unit diesels

View attachment 36239

View attachment 36241

View attachment 36242

And of course ---- In Livingston, MT.

View attachment 36243

Later
love them F Units

Afternoon All,

Didn't do much of anything today...I did make Jello for later. Tomorrow I will most likely be volunteering at the elementary school.

Sherrel- Nice Santa Fe shot.

Beady- Interesting photos. I believe the second one is Russian.

Chuck- Nice looking snow plow.

Willie- The details really bring the building to life.

Dave- Nice layout shot. What do you use to weather your rails?

Chet- That is good news with the medical bill. Nice looking pictures.

I hope everyone has a good night.

We've been just to the NW edge of the thunderstorms all day long. They're moving SW to NE and battering areas south of us including Denton, Dallas and Ft Worth. I'll fix that though, we're going to go out to eat at our favorite Italian restaurant about 12 miles away. Lick your lips Sherrel, yes it's Pellegrino's time. For those who may not be familiar with his cross-country jaunt last spring, he and Kate had dinner there with me and my wife when they visited. Small world, the owner and Kate were from the same town in California.

AND, WILLIE - Wish we were there again!
Cannot believe the year has gone by so fast..
We were leaving for our trip just about this time.

Whoo -- Just looked at the weather map ... that's pretty nasty looking!

Morning all,

Low level fog and 49 in DooDah this morning. Supposed to be sunny and 74 for a high...then there's also the 20-30 mph winds with gusts to 40. My house is on a cul-de-sac that butts up against 20 acres of church yard. When the winds come through there are basically no breaks except for the 6' privacy fencing and due to petroleum pipeline easements, you can't plant trees. That's the part of my area I really hate...little house on the prairie.

Otherwise all is well here.

38 degrees, windy and sunny today. Yesterday was great , reached 70 + degrees. That's all from the Weather Model Railroading Channel!

Good Morning All. 56° and partly cloudy. We missed most of yesterday's rain, getting only .1" in the last 24 hours, compared to my daughter 65 miles south in Dallas, who got 1.6". It's not like I needed any more after the 1.1" Tuesday night. Warm humid day coming up with the high around 81°. Flo, make it a bacon and cheese biscuit for me this morning with a tall glass of OJ.

Thanks for the likes and comments regarding yesterday's post with the "Oakleaf" pictures; Dave, Chuck, Chet, Jerome, Sherrel, Patrick, Joe, Phil, Curt, Tom and any one else that I may have missed.

I did only two things in the train shed yesterday, worked on scenery and ran trains. I painted a lot of track and later ballasted over 40' of main line and passing siding. Cheated a bit because I already had some of the track painted. I also added additional scenery elements between the tracks and on the outside edge of the layout. Not done yet on the left side.
04-25-19 001.JPG

At present, the two tracks on the left are a temporary spur used for car storage until I decide what I really want to do over there. I have the extended height fascia pre-bent and ready to install, although in 18 months of testing track, there hasn't been a single derailment, I did have a temporary cardboard one there because I'm cautious.

Dave - Junk pile still isn't finished, It sometimes takes me two or three weeks to finish one. I just have it on the workbench and every time I open a bottle of paint for something else like figures, I dab a bit more on it.
Chet - That's great news regarding the hospital bill. Makes me feel more comfortable that I (well my wife really) also chose the Blue Cross supplement.
Tom -
Two days till the train show. Gotta figure out what to run bsides the coal train
Dang! That will be impressive by itself with 70 cars.:cool:
Patrick -
...then there's also the 20-30 mph winds with gusts to 40...When the winds come through there are basically no breaks...little house on the prairie.
Welcome to my world in North Central Texas!:D At least I can and have planted lots of trees. Your fence doesn't really slow down those Canadian winds coming at me in the winter! Even though you're directly due north of me, OK, it is 300 miles north!

Everybody have a great day.

Dave- Nice layout shot. What do you use to weather your rails?

Chet- That is good news with the medical bill. Nice looking pictures.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Curt, to weather the rails in that photo it was a combination of water color paint and rust colored powders. The water color was mainly to adhere the rust to the track, I think I used a khaki color as the base and mixed them in a small container which I applied with a small brush.

Sometimes I use the rust color Woodland scenics product paint pen. They both look the same but the home made one is a fraction of the cost.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back