Running Bear's April 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did survive the first physical therapy session. The therapist was suprised that my range of motion was as good as it was so shortly after surgery. Good news I guess. I have some exercises to do at home and then twice a week for the near future.

Here are some pictures of photos that my uncle took when he was working for the Northern Pacific. They were slices that I had copied into prints. Tried to scan them but the quality was poor.

thumbnail_20190403_062000.jpg thumbnail_20190403_062056.jpg thumbnail_20190403_062256.jpg

thumbnail_20190403_062347.jpg thumbnail_20190403_062429.jpg thumbnail_20190403_062448.jpg

thumbnail_20190403_062510.jpg thumbnail_20190403_062533.jpg

I have some more of the late steam power that was in use when he was working there but can't find them.

Time to go run trains for a while.

Later

Karl/Greg - Are you paying taxes because you underpaid, or because your tax rate went up? I'm seeing and reading lower rates even with some of the guys here.

Willie: That is a reasonable question. In my case, income in 2018 was about the same as 2017, that is running $200.00 higher in 2018. Tax withholding was "cut" by $55/month or $ 605 from Feb - December 2018. In 2017 I over paid by $921, in 2018 I underpaid by $ 121, which comes out to a difference of $ 1042 in higher taxes. Under withholding, would account for $605 but would still amount to a tax overpayment of around $346 based on 2017 rates. So i would have to conclude, that my tax rate increased under the new tax law. As always, your experience may vary. Just mailed my 1st Q 1040 ES, to cover underwithholding.

BTW: Like the photos.

Can't help it, I guess I am a pessimist, I think the political situation in this country today helps me out with my pessimism! I am old and like much better how things where than how they are now!

Mark: Not for nothing, I grew up in a pessimistic household. The world was always coming to an end, The Russians were ready to come storming out of manhole covers, a new greater depression was around the corner, the shipyard was closing, and so was the mill, and they were going to tear down our home for a new highway. The political situation was terrible, and....:eek::eek::eek::eek: :rolleyes: That, was during the fabulous fifties.

I realized at some point that none of the predictions of doom ever happened. Once I stopped watching the news, and reading the newspapers, my world became happier. The biggest difference between then and now, is that people are targeted for their political preferences, and spoon fed what someone wants you to hear, where in the past the media was possibly more balanced in their reporting.

Boris

Afternoon All,

On my wife's laptop. My laptop is on the way to Houston via FedEx pickup today. I have been progressing with the coal trestle. Tomorrow I should be ready to glue the handrails on. Speaking of tomorrow I should also be seeing Phil at Jon's house for our monthly visit.

Willie- Nice layout pics. The Bar-Mills kit should be interesting.

Mark- I tend to be slightly pessimistic.

Chet- The X-ray looks painful, but good news from the rehab people. Great 1:1 photos. I never realized you owned a paper at one time.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Sherrel - Like the little Prairie. Nice photo. I have one that I rescued from a friends scrap box. Took a bit of work but got it working.

Beady - Nice photos. The second looks like the beginning of a California traffic jam. icon_lol.gif

Curt - It was good news. I am steadily improving even though surgery wasn't that long ago. I can even drink a beer right handed. The project is moving right along. Looking good.

Joe - I have been running trains and have a lot of locomotives and freight cars back into the hidden staging area. The terminal is back to normal. Not so crowded.

thumbnail_20190403_132149.jpg

A lot easier to switch in the yard this way.

Later

Good afternoon, I am really late today. Justin, great photos of logging railway.

Enjoyed all the photos, tomorrow I promise to get in sooner. Really missed a lot today!

No layout photo today (couldn't get the emoji to work, would be a sad face here)

Have a nice evening, Dave

GOLD COAST MUSEUM had a crane like in the picture, also a similar caboose. ANDREW blew away the caboose.

Looking forward to seeing CURT and JON again tomorrow.

Prayers and Blessings to all,
Phil

Beady: The first of the two photos you posted, looks more like Postcard View of Conway Yard in PA, rather than on Rt' 66. The second one speaks for itself. ;)

Joe - I have been running trains and have a lot of locomotives and freight cars back into the hidden staging area. The terminal is back to normal. Not so crowded.
Chet:
Does look normal, but crowded engine terminals mean a lot of work for the pit crew. More typical of weekends. ;)
That's still quite a scar, lad you are feeling better.

Temporarily I am posting progress photos from my phone.[/QUOTE
]
Curt: You are making progress. Hope your laptop is back soon. Will be nice to see the finished product. Have fun tomorrow with the guys!

Looking forward to seeing CURT and JON again tomorrow.
Phil: Now don't you go leading the fellows astray! ;)

Yesterday, I spent the afternoon raking all the Oak leaves that found their way to my back yard over the winter. Enough to fill four 55 gallon bags.
I also filled a 55 gallon garbage can with broken branches and twigs. Today, I loaded all of that plus another pile of broken branches and tree limbs into the pickup and carted them off to the dump. The high West wind this afternoon, provided me with more leaves to rake up later in the week. :rolleyes:

I spent about 90 minutes in the train room, and restaged everything with fresh cars from storage, then packed away much of what was used over the winter. then I gave each of the four engines currently on the layout a workout. There were no meaningful Hockey or Baseball games to distract me for a change. NHL playoffs begin next week. :cool:

Boris

Good evening ...

Chet ..... Engine 18 looks like it could be a 2-6-2, but I can't see through the brush. I bet it was a fun excursion. .. I like your layout out photo with the turntable. .... The NP locomotive photos taken by your uncle are interesting.

Sherrel .... Number 108 is a nice looking 2-6-2.

Willie ... Your garbage truck scene is a great one. I like the other downtown scene too.

Curt .... It's good to see your progress.

Justin .... I like the crane photo. The clutter nearby should be included in a scene on a layout.

Beady ... The historic photo of Cajon Pass is interesting. They had quite a traffic jam back then.

Sherrel talked about a 2-6-2. .... Here is a photo with my 2-6-2 (Prairie Type) ....

26350683148_8dee2082f2_k.jpg

Good morning....Up and down temps again. Weekend looks good unless they change it.Haven't had a nice weekend in awhile.

Good morning gang!
41° here now going to 61 by midday. Little rain tomorrow then 68 to 72 degrees this weekend!!! Woohoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back