Running Bear’s September 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karl, you worry to much, but thank you just the same for your concern.

I'm not involved in the drug trade and I'm not a soft target. It's far more likely I'll die from natural causes than I will from violent crime.

When I first started working for myself I did a lot of 24 hour road service. Because I was new and a little desperate, much of my work was in parts of the city others refused to go into overnight. I never had a serious problem. My Dalmatian, Mickey (not a scary dog) would sit in my service truck as I was working. Once I was under a truck on west North avenue putting a starter on and Mick got out of my service truck and came to me. I knew something was wrong. I got out from under the truck and 3 young thugs were coming my way. When I stood up and faced them with my half inch drive ratchet in my hand, they reversed direction.

Now I'm home by 8 or 9 pm. I have an alarm system, cameras and two beagles, nobody is going to get the jump on me.

When I'm delivering for Amazon and I do occasionally encounter the riffraff, at my size all I need to do is show no fear, they will choose somebody else to bother.

I'd love to see the crime rates if we removed the victims who are drug users and drug dealers.

Karl, you worry to much, but thank you just the same for your concern.

I'm not involved in the drug trade and I'm not a soft target. It's far more likely I'll die from natural causes than I will from violent crime.

When I first started working for myself I did a lot of 24 hour road service. Because I was new and a little desperate, much of my work was in parts of the city others refused to go into overnight. I never had a serious problem. My Dalmatian, Mickey (not a scary dog) would sit in my service truck as I was working. Once I was under a truck on west North avenue putting a starter on and Mick got out of my service truck and came to me. I knew something was wrong. I got out from under the truck and 3 young thugs were coming my way. When I stood up and faced them with my half inch drive ratchet in my hand, they reversed direction.

Now I'm home by 8 or 9 pm. I have an alarm system, cameras and two beagles, nobody is going to get the jump on me.

When I'm delivering for Amazon and I do occasionally encounter the riffraff, at my size all I need to do is show no fear, they will choose somebody else to bother.

I'd love to see the crime rates if we removed the victims who are drug users and drug dealers.
Aww, you're just a big teddy bear, and we all know it.

Good morning ...

Chet .... The RDC looks great.

Johnny ..... Your layout photos look very good .

WIllie ....... I like the museum pictures. That is a big Lionel collection.

Louis ...... The Santa Fe train looks good because it is "layout size" .... Recall seeing MILW FM switchers working in Chicago, and your photo of one looks good.

Everybody ..... Hav a nice Wednesday.

Found a bit of time for some of the layout pictures from the Foley Railroad Museum. All of these are from their one and only O scale Lionel layout. This layout and all future maintenance costs were bequeathed to them by a local resident who passed on.
Large refinery
IMG_2249.JPG

Close-up of some whimsical characters.

IMG_2247.JPG

The local potato shipper, no longer there.

IMG_2250.JPG

IMG_2253.JPG

IMG_2254.JPG

IMG_2260.JPG

IMG_2274.JPG

IMG_2261.JPG

More later.

I'm back...at least part time for a while. I had a golf ball sized gall stone removed that was blocking the small intestine from emptying into the large intestine. The operation went very smooth and I was ready to go from the hospital home several days later when major problems occurred.

Long story shorten my lungs aspirated and I ended up in ICU on life support for two days and the doctors gave me up up as a lost cause and told told Cathy to prepare for the worst. I fooled them all and then ended up in ICU in critical condition for 23 days and a Rehab Center for 13 days. The event weaken my entire body systems and was very weak since I was given no food for 10 days.

Now I have a RN checking on me at home two days a week, my blood drawn two days a week and a PT therapist coming to my house two days a week until I'm better.

The day I left the hospital couldn't get off the bed or walk two feet. At the Rehab the next morning I was determined to walk and did so for 35+ feet, tall and straight with a walker and just before I left Rehab I could walk over 100 feet with a walker. I could do an excise bike for 15 minutes and other fun things they asked me to do to test me.

I told Chet that the Rehab Center was like a prison, three meals a day and if I was lucky time out in the Court Yard. I set a day to leave and which I even lengthen it by three days to please the wife after the Rehab people said they wanted me stay there for 30 days or so of rehab...I left after 13 days. No way was I going to stay for a month.

I use a walker at home and I get stronger each day.

Soon I'll be in the layout room and good to be on the green side of the sod.

I have to catch up on the Forum.

Thanks.

Greg

Holy Moly Greg! It sounds like you got put through the wringer for sure! Glad to hear you are improving and on the mend. Getting back to the layout was a huge inspiration for me when I had my stroke, I'm sure it will be for you too! We're pulling for you, give them nurses hell!

Evening All,

All I accomplished today was some chores. Tomorrow I'm supposed to drive up to see Phil and Jon. Hopefully it will happen this time.

Johnny- Looking good.

Louis- The Santa Fe photo brings back childhood memories.

Sherrel- More great photos.

Willie- More great museum photos.

Greg- Glad to hear you are improving and are back in the forum.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Greg - Great news. Keep up with the rehab, Looking forward to your complete recovery and return. Thoughts and prayers from me to you and your family in these trying times..

I'm back...at least part time for a while. I had a golf ball sized gall stone removed that was blocking the small intestine from emptying into the large intestine. The operation went very smooth and I was ready to go from the hospital home several days later when major problems occurred.

Long story shorten my lungs aspirated and I ended up in ICU on life support for two days and the doctors gave me up up as a lost cause and told told Cathy to prepare for the worst. I fooled them all and then ended up in ICU in critical condition for 23 days and a Rehab Center for 13 days. The event weaken my entire body systems and was very weak since I was given no food for 10 days.

Now I have a RN checking on me at home two days a week, my blood drawn two days a week and a PT therapist coming to my house two days a week until I'm better.

The day I left the hospital couldn't get off the bed or walk two feet. At the Rehab the next morning I was determined to walk and did so for 35+ feet, tall and straight with a walker and just before I left Rehab I could walk over 100 feet with a walker. I could do an excise bike for 15 minutes and other fun things they asked me to do to test me.

I told Chet that the Rehab Center was like a prison, three meals a day and if I was lucky time out in the Court Yard. I set a day to leave and which I even lengthen it by three days to please the wife after the Rehab people said they wanted me stay there for 30 days or so of rehab...I left after 13 days. No way was I going to stay for a month.

I use a walker at home and I get stronger each day.

Soon I'll be in the layout room and good to be on the green side of the sod.

I have to catch up on the Forum.

Thanks.

Greg
The pictures I've been posting should cheer you up, no end.

Glad you're back!

Good morning Everybody!

It's 65 with 84% humidity under mostly clear skies in southeast Baltimore.

As the Greaseman use to say "I'm perking, working and having a ball" For those who don't know he was a DJ on DC101 an FM rock station in Washington. Unfortunately he was an early casualty of political correctness. My God, why have so many lost their sense of humor?

Patrick, you are not alone, life always seems to get in my way too. That and I'm a half-broken down, shadow/shell of my old self, but I'm fat and happy! :)

Willie, thanks for the great photos! I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but if I did it's worth repeating. I loved those pictures of the O gauge displays. A couple of those transformers I have never seen before!

I want one of those Budweiser wagons with a team of Clydesdales! Is that a Dalmatian on the other side of the driver?

Godspeed on your journey.

Beady, it warms my cold heart to hear you know the real me, thank you.

Garry, I see you are feeling better. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you could have been a stand up comic. :)

Speaking of Comics, that's why I enjoyed George Carlin, he had the intelligence to see everyday things and find humor in them.

Curt, did you have a Lionel SantaFe?

Sherrel, Eagles at Green Bay tonight! If the Eagles secondary does not improve Rodgers will pick them apart. Philly fans won't take being 1-3 lightly.

Baseball!!! ;) The Brewers locked up the final NL wild card spot last night and they are only 1.5 games behind the Cardinals for the NL central crown. This could be interesting!

The Rays, Indians and A's are competing for the 2 AL wild card spots. This could come down to the final game of the season or even a 1 game playoff to see who gets into the wild card game. That has me wondering how they will determine the wild card teams if it's a 3-way tie?

If you have the MLB network it will be the Brewers @ Cincinnati or the Twins @ Detroit on TV at 1pm.

World Train Traveler - Steam at the Budapest History Railway Park.
Hungarian State Railways No 3751032 class 2-6-2 built by the Mavag Budapest in 1958
1569497521780.png

United State Army No 3450 (MAV 411118) built by Baldwin in 1944.
1569497580489.png

Hungarian State Railways No 2459 (class 0-6-0) built by the Mavag in 1899
1569497650197.png

Gyor Sopron Ebenfurhi Railway No 17 (class 0-6-0) built by the Wiener Neustadt in 1885
1569497682322.png

German Reich Railway No 525156 (MAV 520034) (class 2-10-0) built by Chrzanow (Poland) in 1943
1569497718531.png

Garam Valley Sugar Mill No 2 (class 0-6-0) built by StEG (Vienna) in 1913.
1569497752144.png

Hungarian State Railways No 301016 (class 4-6-4) built by the Mavag (Budapest) in 1914
1569497809068.png

Hungarian State Railways No 22034 (class 2-4-2) built by the Mavag (Budapest) in 1919
1569497862281.png

Hungarian State Railways No 303002 (class 4-6-4) built by the Mavag (Budapest) in 1951
1569497897131.png

Hungarian State Railways No 91001 (class 0-4-0) built by the Krauss Linz in 1915
1569497929797.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back