Running Bear’s November 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon Everyone.....getting towards dusk here in Wisconsin.

Spent the better part of the day reading model railroading magazines and surfing the web for more train information.

Chet: With your DC system, do you have control panels or use toggle switches on the fascia to provide power to occupy block(s)? I forgot are all three units powered in that A-B-A consist?

I ran my ore train up the grade to the Saxeville Interchange using two Milw U Boats in a consist and that was on track that I haven't cleaned in months and no problems.

TexasHobo: I often wondered myself after seeing so many foreign roads on the rails near my house and I found out that in some cases the parent road owns the foreign power's railroad or the power is leased. Like I've seen Illinois Central power on the CN line. Or even CSX near my home.

After today's reading of magazines, I wondered why many modelers don't include older run down buildings near the newer models on their layouts?

1574631252983.png

Or....

1574631279360.png

Older buildings like this example.

That's all for now....

Greg

###################

Willie- I thought you must modify figures to to get the variety of figures so appropriately ready for a scene.
Cutting arms and legs or removing details is necessary to give character for a scene. You do a good job.

Layout pics,the drive in movie theater is a tv out of a minivan. A dvd player plays the movies. Couldn't get a clear shot of it .

Attachments

• IMG_3083.jpg
    IMG_3083.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3082.jpg
    IMG_3082.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_3081.jpg
    IMG_3081.jpg
    401.6 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3079.jpg
    IMG_3079.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_3078.jpg
    IMG_3078.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3077.jpg
    IMG_3077.jpg
    491 KB · Views: 125
Willie,Texas,Justin,Boris,Chad,Roofintrash,Wheeler,Jim,Toot,and Phil thanks for the likes.

A few bonus pics. The dip in the yard shows how bad the floor was.

Attachments

• IMG_3076.jpg
    IMG_3076.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_3086.jpg
    IMG_3086.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_3080.jpg
    IMG_3080.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_3084.jpg
    IMG_3084.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 169
Good Morning gang!
Getting ready to hobble off to w*rk. Yesterday we too 2 loads of stuff out of the townhouse to Goodwill, plus the three loads to the dump on Saturday. Suddenly my back had had enough and I was reduced to "driver" status only. I spent last night on the heating pad. Sore but no sharp pains like last night. This getting older stuff sucks!
On the good side I did manage to win a fleabay auction for yet another PFM brass W.M. 2-8-0. This will be the 5th one in the fleet. Someone painted the loco but not the tender. No matter, I usually strip them down, freshen the internals and repaint them anyway.
Time to roll, have a great day fellas!

Morning all,

Clear and 35* this morning, Supposed to be in the upper 60's today.

The knee is a lot better, but it usually is a day or two after I pop it. What happens is I usually push the knee past the usual flex point, stretching the scar tissue. I had about 8 different surgeries on that knee in the 20+ years before the replacement, and then a revision of that knee replacement a year later when I broke the implant free. I just gotta quit doing what I want and take it easier (like that's ever gonna happen).

Should be a quiet week at work, 3 days and because I usually work 4-9 hour days and a 4 hour day, this is the week I get to work 3 -8 hour days so I get to leave an hour earlier.

I won't get any train time tonight as we have to attend a grade school music program about an hour away. I did manage to get some things done yesterday under train table. My wife came down and reorganized other stuff in the basement and that made room for me to clear everything not train related out of the immediate train area and from under the table. We then got some organizer drawers from Micheal's (on early black Friday sale) that will fit under the table allowing me to clear out the boxes of stuff I've not been in in now over 7 years further clearing under the table. I can then move stuff from on top of the other cabinets giving me the room to put the long extra flex track and balsa wood I've had for model building there so they're out of the way.

More on that in a day or 2.

Good Morning All. 47° and sunny. The start of another beautiful day here in North Central Texas. A repeat of the last two days; always great to have tee shirt and shorts weather during Thanksgiving week, although not on Thursday this year. Outdoor activity planned for this morning, including a good long walk and raking some more leaves.

Give me the "whole kitchen" omelet this morning Flo. Extra sausage on the side.

Thanks for the comments and likes regarding the Trading Post yesterday; Jerome, Phil, Chet, Jim, Curt, Mikey, Greg, Tom, Justin, Patrick, Clint, Johnny.

Progress photo from the train shed.
11-25-19 003.JPG

Tom - I meant to comment on the high and wide load Saturday, quite impressive.
Chet - Thanks for your comment on the trading post and layout in general.
Curt - I really think that figures can turn an ordinary scene into an outstanding one.
Greg -
Willie: Do you have your HO Medical Degree that allows you to perform the necessary surgeries on your HO people?
Ssssh!

Everybody have a great day.

I just finished reading the emails from the first weekend of the club operating at the McWane Science Center train show.
As usual, there are rough places in the track work and some track joiners that have too much space between the rails.
Gravity overcame a couple old people on our large HO layout and need to be glued down again.
Tonight we get to spend a couple hours adjusting and repairing 3 layouts. Only our N scale layout ran without problems this weekend.

Howdy everybody .

I see numerous great looking photos posted here . Keep up the good work.

I don’t have much model railroading to report. We have been driving back and forth to Nashville a lot to visit family members with health issues . It is about 110 miles one way.

I hope everybody has a good Thanksgiving.

Good morning all. 72 degrees, partly sunny with a nice southerly breeze. Think I'll try the Malt-o-Meal.

We'll be leaving shortly to fight and battle the groups at the toy store, if I don't make it back ..................

Afternoon fellers. No trains this weekend. I was on dad duty all weekend so I didnt get a chance to make it down to the layout. I was back to my normal self Saturday after my case of food poisoning. Cost me three days total. I was able to cash in my two personal days to help cover my lost time. Atleast I won't be broke come friday. Ordered my company store this weekend from Ebay. It should be here sometime this week. Back to work today. Found out I'm losing my service truck next week. I'll go back to my service van. Another location needs a service truck and seeing as how I already had a van it's easier to take the truck and leave me the van. Atleast I'll still have a service vehicle to use. I try to find the positive in all of this. That's all I have for now. Thanks to everyone and the kind wishes. As always I really enjoy y'alls pics you share. I'll have to start posting pics again.

Good Afternoon Everyone: Overcast again here in Wisconsin.

Spent some of the morning watching repeat episodes of Rehab My Railroad on MR Video Plus. I also enjoy watching the crew getting the work done and find some thing new each time I watch the seires.

Ordered a SOO caboose from E Bay and I know I paid too much for the car, but I don't find them NIB too often.

The contractor called and the bullet ridden door at the cabin has been boarded up for the winter. I'm glad the work is done with a winter storm coming later in the week. The only thing holding the door together was the glass panel which was laminated. The door was an expensive door and the door company is now out of business.

Hope to get down to the trains yet today.

Greg

#########################

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back