Postal Service Slow Down

Inconsistent at best, I just received an order via USPS from Tichy in western North Carolina to my suburb east of Oakland, California in 4 days. And a set of decals from NY via USPS a week ago from Speedwitch from back when they were selling decals after 41 days. In December Amazon was using USPS for some shipments. These were coming from a distribution center in Michigan. USPS lost the first shipment but it showed up in 32 days after Amazon reshipped which was in the mail over 20 days.

14 days overdue. I did one more check on USPS tracking before I opened a lost package claim and now it says the package was at the Richmond, VA sorting point and is now in transit to the final destination. It most likely passed within a few miles of my house on its path from Lancaster, PA to Richmond, VA. Now, prolly gotta wait another two weeks.
If I had demonstrated this kind of PP management in my last jobs, on just one task, I would have been fired on day two, but seeing as these are quasi government employees, just a smirk and a nod and on to other topics is about all that happens.

And let's not blame the delays only on the postal service. I ordered something from Amazon on December 11th. It's now scheduled to be delivered next week. (It was not on backorder.)

Finally, it arrived today. The mail truck stopped at my mailbox out front. She seemed to fiddling with a stack of mail then stuffed a magazine and some envelopes in my mailbox then moved on. I had checked the tracking earlier and it said it was out for delivery. Geez, now what? I walked out to the mailbox and retrieved the mail. As I was walking back up to the house, the mail truck was coming down the other side of the street then pulled into my driveway. She had forgot the box was over on the other side of the truck.
The Athearn Genesis SD80MAC in Norfolk Southern paint.

SD80MAC NS.jpg

Yay! And you almost didn’t get it again!?!

Attachments

• C3F81468-6868-41C5-B6E0-D3E683D8F562.gif
    C3F81468-6868-41C5-B6E0-D3E683D8F562.gif
    179.6 KB · Views: 118

Back