New Train layout 6-1-23

Hmmmh! I know where the other 6 are now! I use them with the walk-around throttle that you sold me 11 years ago!
I have an older CM20 w/the Chrome top & the Memory & the Engine DC does'nt work. I can't complain because I got it for free. 2 different people have worked on it & could'nt figure out the wiring even though I gave them the schematics. Some day If I ever use it I'll take it apart & try to fix it myself.

Engine shed made out of Lego's & I've still got to add another section to the left of this one. 6-16-23 To be able to add another section I have to take apart 1 of my big buildings to have enough Leo's to build an add on Shed. I might just use one of the 2 bay sheds I had on my other layout in Florida.
I added 6 more inches to the depth of this yesterday. It's now 15" deep & 20" wide & I also raised it up about 2". As soon as I can find some old junk flat screen TV's I'll put a clear roof on it.

Built a Fancy Coal Loading Facility out of Lego's today. As soon as I can get some rattle cans of paint I'll paint it silver or Gray & then mess it up w/some flat black paint. I'm finally out of Lego's Bricks. Have a mess of small stuff that I use quite often on Non Legos. The Conveyors will go into the side of a mountain when I build it. On my last layout I made a giant Loader out of screens out of Computer Monitors. It had spaces for 12 cars & a depth of 18". This one is for 2 coal cars at a time. 10" wide, 10" long & 10" high. I had to cut the base plate in half length wise & the slide the 2 pcs. under the tracks & then finished it w/center posts holding the 2 pcs. together. 6-18-23

Attachments

• DSCN3666.JPG
    DSCN3666.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN3667.JPG
    DSCN3667.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN3669.JPG
    DSCN3669.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN3670.JPG
    DSCN3670.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 68
2 of my Truck Side rails came off because the pins in the middle of the frame was broke off. I had 1 of those sudden Brain Storms how to fix it. I have a mess of chop sticks that I buy at Dollar Tree(Wood Dowels w/a point on one end). I took out the broke plastic pins & then I cut down the dowel of the length I needed & then drilled out the Side frame a hair smaller than the diameter of the Dowel & cut it to the length I needed. Here's a few Pictures. I also glued the dowel in the plastic side frame w/E6000 glue. You might have to take a little off of the outside diameter of the dowel to get it hammered into the truck side rail. After the glue dries overnite in the plastic side frame you could just file down the end that is showing & paint it flat black or whatever your side frame color is. This was on a SW1500 Athearn Switcher.

Attachments

• DSCN3681.JPG
    DSCN3681.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCN3690.JPG
    DSCN3690.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN3691.JPG
    DSCN3691.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN3679.JPG
    DSCN3679.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 62
Some of my Engines sitting on the rails in front of my engine shed. 6-21-23 The 2nd & 3rd picture is a few of 16 Dummies I have & the 4th picture is the Engines I still have to repair that were water damaged in the hurricane in Florida during Hurricane IAN.

Attachments

• DSCN3682.JPG
    DSCN3682.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCN3686.JPG
    DSCN3686.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN3687.JPG
    DSCN3687.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN3689.JPG
    DSCN3689.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 69
So you are a believer in utilizing brass turnouts?
Yes & Nickel Silver. I bought 60 brass turnouts in the late 90's for $10.00 & since then people have been giving them to me for free. I have a bunch. I also have a bunch of Steel Flex & some Code 83 misc. track & turnouts. I don't use steel on anything, but it was Free, so I let them give it to me. I also have a mess of Bachmann Steel EZ Track & a 180 plus pcs. of 18" radius Bach. NS EZ Track. Some day I'll have to sell all this stuff I don't use because it takes up a lot of space.

Finished repairing the last of my engines of the 32 that were damaged in hurricane IAN last year. Worked all day today & did the last 10. Have 3 that I had to add Pins to hold the side rails on the Trucks. Waiting for the glue to dry for a cpl. of days. All the Track has been nailed down & then comes the cleaning mode & soldering all the Drops on.

Attachments

• DSCN3712.JPG
    DSCN3712.JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN3713.JPG
    DSCN3713.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCN3706.JPG
    DSCN3706.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCN3707.JPG
    DSCN3707.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 63
Changed the Coal Loading building to a single Track instead of dual tracks & rebuilt the building. I'll have to paint the top portion later. It lifts off easy. Still using Lego's. Still looking for broke down Flat screen TV's to make roofs out of the Screens in them. I was planning on using the Lego Roofs, but they don't look lake a roof. Here's the Engine Shed & The RR Station w/out a roof.

Attachments

• DSCN3714.JPG
    DSCN3714.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN3715.JPG
    DSCN3715.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCN3716.JPG
    DSCN3716.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Got all the wire in from Amazon yesterday to start wiring everything up in the next week or so on the layout & wiring up all the Building LED lighting. Work,Work,Work & Fun-Fun-Fun.
Started doing the Main Line Wiring under the layout today. 2 sets--one for passenger Main & one for Freight Main. then tomorrow will run the Phone line for the CM-20 transformer & then the wires for the LED lighting & then the wires for the 3 different sound systems. Lot harder laying under the tables this time since I'm over 80. Had to put larger wheels on my under table couch. 7-7-23 Built this back in 2007. If you make one for yourself it needs 4 casters. Bought my bigger wheels at Harbor Freight yesterday. $5.99 each.

Attachments

• DSCN3741.JPG
    DSCN3741.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN3742.JPG
    DSCN3742.JPG
    172.3 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN3743.JPG
    DSCN3743.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN3745.JPG
    DSCN3745.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Interesting idea using lego. Am i correct in assuming you use it as a base structure and then paint/cover/shave the bits you dont want? (like extra nobbles and whatnot, might try a bit of this myself for my station 😁 ) I have a ton of lego left over from my son growing up (unlike me 😆 ) so could probably comandeer it if he no longer wants it. (would be hell expensive otherwise lol)

Interesting idea using lego. Am i correct in assuming you use it as a base structure and then paint/cover/shave the bits you dont want? (like extra nobbles and whatnot, might try a bit of this myself for my station 😁 ) I have a ton of lego left over from my son growing up (unlike me 😆 ) so could probably comandeer it if he no longer wants it. (would be hell expensive otherwise lol)
I use whatever structure I make on the layout. I do make my own roofs out of flatscreen TV backs & screen parts. I will post one later on today or tomorrow.

I use whatever structure I make on the layout. I do make my own roofs out of flatscreen TV backs & screen parts. I will post one later on today or tomorrow.
Hears a project that I just finished. A roof for the Lego's Train Station. I'll have to make about 4 entries(posts)to show you how it's made. I started out w/a back off of a 32" Vizio flat screen TV. I had to cut it down w/my Hot Knife to get it small enough to fit in my Bandsaw. Then I cut it down to the size I needed. 7-13-23 I used 1 of the reflective lens out of the TV to cover up the slots in the raised part of the roof. Icut it to fit, then I installed 2 sets of LEDs in the inside of the roof. I used the reflective side of that sheet instead of the see thru side.

Attachments

• DSCN3746.JPG
    DSCN3746.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCN3747.JPG
    DSCN3747.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCN3753.JPG
    DSCN3753.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN3755.JPG
    DSCN3755.JPG