Need help - selling the entire collection of trains, etc.

MichalM78

Hello,

A couple of years ago, my friend Maciek passed away, he was 39 years old. At the age of 28, he was diagnosed with pulmonary disease and battled the disease for 10 years.

After Maciek's death, his parents, Richard and Bozena, decided to sell the entire collection of over 3,000 locomotives, wagons, etc. They do not want the entire collection of their only son to be thrown away and wasted after their death.

I made a website, spent hundreds of hours taking pictures, naming all items and creating an online store.

I don't know anything about this hobby, but with Maciek's parents we try to correctly name all items and check for what price we should sell it.

I need your help to make this work. Is there anyone who would be willing to help me to verify the information? Check if the prices are correct, ect.

Also, I’m planning to run the Google advertised campaign to get more customers. I wondered if anyone could help me talk about this store to friends, put some information on some Hobby Trains Forum etc.

Maciek's parents want other hobbyists to be able to enjoy this incredible collection he spent putting together during his short life. I can offer selling items with good discounts for those who are willing to help me with this challenge.

Mike

Hello. First my condolences about your friend. I'm Maciek also, so i immediately realised he was Polish. Do you have the website address, so we can look at the items? Also, are the locomotives and cars European, or from some other continent?

Agree with WILLIE!
Very sorry for the loss of your friend at such an early stage in life.

May I inquire as to what you used for a basis for pricing?

I'm sorry to hear of your friend's passing, and the loss of a fellow model railroader.

I also lost my best friend, a fellow model railroader, about two years ago. We had an agreement that we would take care of disposing of our friend's collection should one of us pass away. Something we both learned from another friend is the use of eBay to find prices of similar items being sold. One should do an advanced search for items we want to find a price for; in that search, there is an option that lets one choose "items already sold" (or something like that). That shows the winning bid on that particular model - and that's what I'm using to set my prices for my late friend's models. Maybe that will be of some service to you.

Regards,
Tom Stockton

Some maybe a tad high on locos but many reasonable or very good on others.
Quite the collection!

Sorry for the loss of your friend, I’ve lost a couple good ones lately as well. 😔
Thank you.

Maciek's parents do not want to "make" money; they want to sell it ASAP. They are very flexible about the price.

I'm sorry to hear of your friend's passing, and the loss of a fellow model railroader.

I also lost my best friend, a fellow model railroader, about two years ago. We had an agreement that we would take care of disposing of our friend's collection should one of us pass away. Something we both learned from another friend is the use of eBay to find prices of similar items being sold. One should do an advanced search for items we want to find a price for; in that search, there is an option that lets one choose "items already sold" (or something like that). That shows the winning bid on that particular model - and that's what I'm using to set my prices for my late friend's models. Maybe that will be of some service to you.

Regards,
Tom Stockton
Thank you.

I did like that. There is a website that shows sold items on eBay.

Hello,

I created the Excel sheet that everyone has access to, showing all items for sale. If anyone can help me and correct the price, I added on the right site two columns: NEW PRICE and COMMENTS.

The ID number is related to the item number on the website.

Thank you

Last edited:
Hello everyone.

Thank you so much for helping.

Is there anyone who can help me review the rest of the prices?

I want to give a good price for people like Maciek and sell it fast.

I will be more than happy to pay for that help; I don't want to start a Google campaign before I am sure everything is like it should be.

Thank you one more time.

Mike

I'm not sure how to classify used / not used.
If box the train is open and has added light is used?
If the box is open but does not have a visual of use, is not used?
If the box was open and painted and checked ones, is it used?
That is why I made lots of HD photos to show everyone, how exactly looks like. I also can answer before-purchase questions and make additional photos an videos.

Still waiting if anyone is willing to help me go through the list and check. I can pay.

Thank you

Back